[EVE] Nightjar's Intro

Nightjar Saraki

Hey guys my name is Nightjar Saraki.

I started playing eve back in 2015. I've unfortunately ended up in a few corps that either disbanded or were evicted. I'm hoping that SOHCO ends up being a stable home in nullsec for me :) . I primarily fly logi cruisers in fleets, I started this because in my last corp open comms could be very toxic at times and logi comms were a quiet safe haven. I think a lot of people talk about logi like it's boring but it's very exciting in a close fight to struggle to keep an allied ship up. When people are spamming broadcasts and you're responsible for getting reps to the right person you can kind of feel a bit of pressure. If we win a close fight I always feel like I was part of that win. 

In real life I've worked a variety of jobs from electronics repair to a very niche antique hardware distributor. I'm 23 years old, very close to 24. I spend a bunch of my time playing video games, they've been a staple part of my life since I was young, and I'm sure that's true for a lot of the people in this guild. I live in the south eastern US and primarily play in US TZ. I have a small but close family here, and one pet (a dog). 

That's the short and simple version of it. If you guys have any questions I'll be more than happy to answer!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Oshri Paliako said:

Welcome!  It's good to see you on the forums. Our comms are actually very friendly, but it never hurts to have more logi bros. 

A few questions:

1.  What type of dog?

2.  Favorite logi ship to fly?

3.  Favorite taco?

1. It's a yorkie, not my first choice, but it's a family dog :) . Very friendly and lovable dog regardless. 

2. Scimitar, it's a fast ship and fun to fly.

3. Steak tacos with cheese, lettuce, onions. There was a place in the last city I used to live in, that made EXCELLENT steak tacos. I used to go there for lunch about once a week. Anytime I see a food truck or small place that has tacos I'll give them a try. I can't remember all the names of the places but sometimes food trucks are a seriously pleasant surprise. 

9 minutes ago, Nightjar Saraki said:

1. It's a yorkie, not my first choice, but it's a family dog :) . Very friendly and lovable dog regardless. 

2. Scimitar, it's a fast ship and fun to fly.

3. Steak tacos with cheese, lettuce, onions. There was a place in the last city I used to live in, that made EXCELLENT steak tacos. I used to go there for lunch about once a week. Anytime I see a food truck or small place that has tacos I'll give them a try. I can't remember all the names of the places but sometimes food trucks are a seriously pleasant surprise. 

Thanks for the replies.  I'm glad your family dog is friendly and lovable even if it's not your first choice of breed.  My dog was my first choice of breed and he's a weasel.  He's unfriendly, standoffish, and is only interested in food.  In other words, he takes after his owner ;)

I love me some Scimitars.  Do you have all 4 logi cruisers trained?

Ah, now you are talking my language.  Food trucks are the bomb, and steak tacos are amazing. 

You sir/madam, are alright in my book.

13 minutes ago, Oshri Paliako said:

Thanks for the replies.  I'm glad your family dog is friendly and lovable even if it's not your first choice of breed.  My dog was my first choice of breed and he's a weasel.  He's unfriendly, standoffish, and is only interested in food.  In other words, he takes after his owner ;)

I love me some Scimitars.  Do you have all 4 logi cruisers trained?

Ah, now you are talking my language.  Food trucks are the bomb, and steak tacos are amazing. 

You sir/madam, are alright in my book.

Not all 4 cruisers, currently only scimi and onerios. I do have logi 5 though :) . 

Hi there Nightjar, TBert/TBette here, it was nice talking to you in chat last night. 

Where in the Southeast US? I'm in South Florida and we have several members in the DC area. 

You didn't point out your brief association with SOHCO when your former corp was in NAGA. I assume that's where you experienced some of the moves you mentioned. We haven't had to deal with a move in a while, but if we did I know our alliance/corp is organized and smart enough to do it right. 

Yeah that's true when I was very new I was in NAGA and that was the very first time I experienced having to move haha. I'm not super hostile against the idea of having to move I would just prefer to be in a group that seeks out a stable environment and doesn't jump to a new alliance every few months. 

I'm also in South Florida. 

Welcome!  I kept thinking that your name looked familiar to me - maybe it was the NAGA cross-over.

We'd love to have another dedicated logi-bro in our ranks.  Was there anything specific that got you interested in our corp?  Have you had a chance to read the alliance's philosophy statement?  You will experience zero toxic comms here, although we sometimes do get silly - even rowdy - after a few drinks. :p

What do you do for ISK, when you're not keeping friendly spaceships alive in battle?

I saw your corp's post on /r/evejobs. Like I said I've had bad experiences in the past with corps either getting evicted, or deciding to jump ship right after I've joined, and your corp seems like it's stable minded. I checked out the philosophy statement last night when I was chatting with TBert. I think I would fit in well and have fun playing under that philosophy. It's not fun or productive to try to play in a hostile unorganized environment. I have nothing against some good old fashioned drunk roams haha.

I mostly do exploration and VNI ratting. My last corp was in CVA and their NRDS lifestyle made it very hard to try to safely do PvE. I'm already pretty paranoid when I'm out ratting so it was just a very unenjoyable experience to try and make isk there. I've bought plex before just to get my bankroll up when I didn't have any patience to rat too. 

Hi Nightjar, it sounds like you would fit right in with us! Look forward to flying with you.

I can definitely see how ratting in provi could be painful. In fact, we've been doing our best to make it painful once or twice a week haha.

You're down with a good drunk roam, that's excellent news! I have to ask what your drink of choice would be. Contrary to our corp's ticker, we're not down with the southern comfort, so choose your answer carefully...😁

Edited by Simone