The Introduction of The Fist Tickler

Fist Tickler

18 hours ago, Oshri Paliako said:

Greetings Mr. Tickler or do you prefer Fist?

a few questions:

1.  You are relatively new to Eve, but do you have a favorite ship to fly?

2.  Which fleet role do you think you would enjoy most? - DPS, Logi, Scout, EWAR etc.

3.  Favorite taco?

The Fist Tickler is the only appropriate form of address. Or FT, fist, tickler, idc.

1.  I have taken a great liking to droneboats, and currently prefer the Vexor. I'd like a VNI eventually, and I'm waiting to try out the Myrm, I'm just waiting to outfit until after I make the move.

2.  The only fleet experience I've had was lvl4 missions. (The old BTA corp didn't do much PVP or anything crazy) I am willing to learn and try out new things, however.

3.  Fish. Again, up for interpretation. 

7 hours ago, Ashin said:

Welcome!

I assume from your past association with Black Thorne that @Tarin Audeles is one of them?  Who are the others?

Why do you think you'll enjoy null-sec?  It can be a lot to handle, especially for a new / low SP player.

You are correct in your assumption! The other would be @Tyrlis.

Because I like dealing with tough situations, especially against those better equipped, and being generally clever especially with what I have. Basically, I would like to envision myself a space terrorist. More to follow below...(such suspense!)

4 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

I'm going to bet you saw that I gave Tarin credit for not mentioning that he was my coworker, and cleverly tried to claim the same bonus points. I like it.

Tell the story of the bomber you chased off in your Vexor!

Our activity expectations from the alliance are one fleet per person per month, but during your recruit period (and even afterwards) we strongly encourage at least one fleet per week. That gives us enough face time with you to make sure you fit with our group and are going to contribute to our collective defense/PvP fun. Saying this as somebody who is planning to take a whole week off to play ME:Andromeda, do you think you'll be able to maintain that sort of activity?

I always do my research. I like to know what I'm getting into.

Ah yes, the wonderful tale of my first PVP experience. I was ratting in Highsec (gross) in a Serpentis den during the first wardec against BTA. I knew the risks, but I was having fun just throwing my drones at maybe 4 or 5 cruisers and a handful of frigates and destroyers when I noticed I was being hit by something far more powerful. Took me a few seconds to see that a stealth bomber had jumped me (I think a purifier). Anyway, instead of panicking, I just went with the mindset of I'm just going to focus this fool and see how much damage I could do before he got me. But my drones were a little nastier than I anticipated and between them and my armor repairers, I overtook him instead. He, of course, had enough time to safely jump away as I was only PVE fit at the time. I then immediately proceeded to taunt him in local chat as is befitting of my victory.

Barring real life shenanigans (also gross), I believe I can contribute that often, yes (mainly on weekends)

It's true that there appears to be a Floridian junta in the works.  SOHCO survived the invasion of the Canadians, and we'll survive this.

Tickles, I have completed your API check.  The only confusing item to me was a Proteus you bought for Tarin.  Someone has done some injecting!

Speaking of which.  Open reviewing your API, I note that you are unable to fly any ships in our doctrines.  So you will need to do some skill training to get serviceable.  I would suggest the following:

1. Get basic skills to fly Vigil, Maulus & Celestis which will allow you to be useful in any fleet.  (Importantly, get the respective frigate & cruiser skills and e-war specific skills to 4: sensor linking, target painting, long distance jamming, frequency modulation)

2. Get your drone skills serviceable for ratting in a VNI - heavy drones to 4 ASAP, plan to get it to 5 is this is how you'll be making money

3. Get T2 light and medium drones so you can fly the Vexor in shield cruiser roams

4. Get a racial frigate of your choice and evasive maneuvering to get into Interceptors

From there you can start exploring different aspects of fleets to see what you like.

You won't be able to read them until later when you join the corp, but for future reference our VNI Ratting Guide and our Intro to EWAR Guide.