Livictus, the Quiet (Cause I'm not as cool as Thor)

Livictus

Hey guys! My two good friends (Thor, and Plyn), are interested in joining your ranks, and after having spoken at length about it with Plyn, so am I! (Lucky you! Mwahaha). While I myself, haven't done much researching, I've been gaming with Plyn for well over a decade and trust her entirely- She says good things! 

To start- I'm a 29 year old man from New York (Upstate), no kids, not married. I'm a certified welder, have been since being of age to work. I'm rather skilled with computers and the like, though its mostly a hobby. I'm a former musician, I'm all about the heavy metal stuff, but like almost any kind of music, and have played in a group around the east coast for a short time. (Links to these horrendous sounding videos to follow because I have no shame :D ). - 

Outside of Eve, I am an avid Arma3 player (Exile, Wasteland, KoTH), -Plyn isn't horrible at FPS, don't let her fool you. 
I enjoy survival games, Space Engineers, 7 Days to Die, Empyrion, things of that nature, but am also a diehard Dota player. 

Well, continuing onto Eve,

Livictus, is able to fly most Gallente ships, a some lower end Caldari and Amarr. He prefers the Hecate, Megathron, and Catalysts. - His skills are a bit all over, having made him in 2008, with zero idea what I was doing or what I wanted to do, but PvP is definitely an interest, while I'm quite terrible at the moment at it. Fattening the wallet via belt ratting, plexing, and the like is always welcomed as well. I tend to prefer the kiting methods, but am for the most part in everything smaller than my Mega, I tend to be built towards brawling. I have a bit of WH space experience, as well as Low-sec, but none in Null, but Plyn assures me I won't die THAT much... Right? >.>

Terrible "Mark My Words" songs/videos- (I'm the goofy guy on the left of your screen that was too drunk to move much)...

1 hour ago, Livictus said:

I have no shame

Off to a good start already!

Empyrion

This triggered a distant memory, so I went to look at my Steam library. I purchased this game at some point in the past, and even installed it, but never started it up for some reason. I think I ended up playing a bunch more Planetbase instead.

I have a bit of WH space experience, as well as Low-sec, but none in Null

W-Space experience will serve you well, we spend a lot of time either scanning wormholes for fun PvP connections, scanning wormholes for connections near high-sec market hubs, or scanning wormholes to roll them when scary fleets invade through them. How long did you live in the wormhole, and what kind?

Terrible "Mark My Words" song

I have no idea what he's saying, but I'm sure it's a searing critique of modern society's flaws. ;)

Random questions!

Summer or winter?

Coffee, soda, or tea?

Have you ever used your welding skills to play a prank on someone?

8 hours ago, Livictus said:

a diehard Dota player

Woah, I'm interested in this tidbit of info. As far as I know, there aren't too many SOHCO members that play Dota. I'll admit that I don't really play it regularly anymore, but I always find it 10x more fun when I'm on a team with someone/some people I know.

8 hours ago, Livictus said:

I'm a certified welder

Also kinda interested in this. What's, in your opinion, the coolest job you've worked on? Do much welding outside of work, like as a hobby or anything?

It may be a coincidence, but it works beautifully - Nothing like blasting some Whitechapel or The Ghost Inside in the morning to get pumped up and moving. I do a bit of welding outside of work, mostly fixing things for friends and my own junk.
I tend to avoid fast food, so I say my favorite taco is any with meat and cheese haha. Favorite fleet beverage would have to be coffee, definitely prefer coffee over soda or tea as well. I have very little time on Empyrion, probably about 12 hours. But my Dota 2 time is up in the 1200 hours range (Yes, I spend a lot of time playing Dota during the winter lay-off times haha) As for pranks with my welding skills - All the time. I love welding my buddies toolbox to his draft table when he's on break, or tacking the lid shut, welding his tools to the table, things like that :D As for the coolest job I've worked on- It'd have to be the Destiny USA job I was on. Its an extremely large mall in Upstate NY- We built some extremely large ornamental iron trees that they suspended from the ceiling inside the mall itself (I did a lot of structural work on it as well) We built a total of 6 trees, totaling nearly 65 tons of iron sometime in spring of 2011, definitely some of my finer work, very proud of it and still have people tagging me in pictures on facebook when they go and see them there :)  Being a bit of a nerd, I do intend to use what I know with metalworking to start a small blacksmithing project when the weather clears up, I recently had a friend ask me to rebuild a sword hilt for him and found that really cool, figure I could probably make my own things of that nature quite easily, and make a bit of money doing it

Edited by Livictus
Typo's! Ugh!

Hello Livictus.

It seems like you, Thor and Plyn have the makings of a musical trio at some point in the future!

I appreciate that you trust the judgement of your longtime gaming companion!  But please take a moment to review our recruitment post and make sure that ours is a group you're enthusiastic to stand with:

https://www.reddit.com/r/evejobs/comments/5utwd6/sohco_tightknit_null_for_adults/

I would also suggest checking out our alliance's philosophy statement which, in a nutshell, insists on mature / family-friendly conduct:

https://bladesofgrass.space/philosophy.html

Let us know what you think! 

Also - I'm going to make myself available from about 9:30 EDT (01:30 EVE) tonight for Mumble interviews, so let's plan to connect if you're around.

Lastly - we can get another item "checked off" if you would use this link to create a full API, check the "No expiry" option, and send it to me via PM.  (If you're already sent to Valence Benedetto in game, that's fine too.)

https://community.eveonline.com/support/api-key/CreatePredefined?accessMask=4294967295

Hi Liv - I've been around and in EVE most of the weekend, but it looks like your busy social calendar kept you out of game. :p

I will probably be in game most evenings this week, but Monday night would be a particularly convenient time to talk.  Hopefully that works for you.