FFXIV Avestis

Avestis

Hello all,

My name in game is Avestis and I was referred here from sandanzuki on reddit. I have been playing computer games pretty much my whole life starting with loading up doom on DOS. I got into MMO's with Dark Ages of Camelot and went between that and WoW for a while. Back during those days I was very competitive in pvp and moderately hardcore on the raiding aspect. Now in my life I have a family and job and am lucky to hop on a couple hours week nights and about five hours on weekends. I typically gravitate towards playing a healer and like to do crafting as well. I spent some time on black desert but ultimately I felt like I was playing a single player game and it just wasn't for me I missed group content.

In my personal life at work I am in personal finance, so I help with financial planning and investing. I have a soon to be two year old son and wife. I don't see myself ever stopping playing games it's part of me for good but I can't sacrifice time seeing my son grow up. I am normally on after his is in bed 9:30 est and like to socialize while I play as well as help and group with others while I can.

The reason I would like to join is from what I hear there are experienced players who can share knowledge as well as a group I could get to know and socialize with. I like the thought of joining a multi game guild that I can grow with over time. If I join I am more than happy to help where I can with crafting, grouping, or when I can bring in newer players and if you get to know me and have financial questions I'm happy to help share my skill set there as well.

Hello! I'm sandanzuki from Reddit -- glad to see you!  Are you free for a Mumble date some evening this weekend or week? I can do tonight (Saturday), tomorrow (Sunday), or Wednesday, but then I go out of town for the weekend.  Let me know what works best for you!

What class/spec did you play back in WoW? A bunch of us in FFXIV chapter came from the old WoW chapter, which was very competitive in PvE, but most people PvPed only casually, if at all. Were you 2s, 3s, 5s, all of the above?

You'd probably get along with @Atrael, who's "retired" from our chapter but works in financial planning as well!

Sure I'll be on tonight after my son goes to sleep. So in vanilla WoW I played a discipline priest and cleared all of the content and in burning crusades I played a restoration druid and liked 3's and 2's. I really enjoy playing healing and support roles 

Sorry for being brief right now we're out and about fr the Easter Bunny

Welcome!  I was summoned and thus I appear!

You won't find a better group to game with anywhere.  Back when I wasn't quite as overloaded at work, SoH was a competitive and supportive environment to play in.  Midri just so happens to be the best ever, which helps. :) 

On 4/18/2017 at 0:54 PM, Atrael said:

You won't find a better group to game with anywhere.  Back when I wasn't quite as overloaded at work, SoH was a competitive and supportive environment to play in.  Midri just so happens to be the best ever, which helps. :) 

Yeah she has been great! Feeling very welcomed here. I understand work getting to be too much. Good on you for seeing that and managing your priorities

On 4/18/2017 at 10:33 PM, Kestrel said:

Midri said you were from Texas, whereabouts are you located? I'm up in Lubbock.

Hah I think we talked right after this. Fort Worth area

On 4/18/2017 at 0:54 PM, Atrael said:

What do you do in personal finance?