[EVE] Stephen Gunther

Stephen

Hi all,

I'm Stephen.  I've played EVE off and on since about 2009.  Some of that time has been spent in empire, some in null, and some in WH.  I've done a little bit of PvP as well ... this has ranged from large fleets (~150 - 200) to small gangs.  I like flying cruisers and below, but can field larger things when needed.  I also play quite a few other games: most recently I've been working through Nioh (something like a faster-paced Dark Souls with loot drops) and have been learning Endless Space 2 (a space 4X game).

In real life, I'm an electronics engineer working out of Cleveland, OH in the US.  I'm 32 and have two cats (one of which who's convinced he's a dog).

I'm looking forward to flying with y'all.  Cheers!

o7 Stephen, nice talking to you earlier today! Random question time!

- What's the weirdest Eve fleet you've ever been on?

- Favorite drink to go with your space adventures? Beer, wine, anything. We know a great scout seemingly drinks nothing but apple juice, so I don't anything would surprise us!

- What's your go to ship on a kitchen sink roam?

I'll be checking out your API soon, and then we can set up a time to either get you on a fleet or have a quick comms interview. Talk to you soon!

Weirdest fleet is a tough one - most of the time, at least a few folks are pretty drunk, so the conversations are fun.  Let's see ... I've been on a few fleets where folks have gotten into screaming matches with their spouses, which tends to be awkward until somebody finally mutes 'em.  I remember a fleet where we were working with some Russian folks who didn't speak English, but the corp had someone who spoke both Russian and English jumping back and forth between channels to coordinate.  As it turned out, there were a few things lost in translation, so we all wound up dead :)  I've also been in some fleets where the opposite is true: 90% of the fleet (including the FC) only speak e.g. German. After being in a few of those fleets, I learned "jump", "hold", "s**t", and "idiot" pretty quickly.

For drink, I would say Coke.  I might add whiskey if something expensive just melted into pixels.

On a kitchen sink roam, I like 150mm rail cormorants.  They're cheap, quick, and can catch lots of stuff with some targeting scripts.  I've also done pretty well with rapid light Caracals, and Omens are fun ships to take out just to see what happens.

Welcome potential new space friend! Random question time!

Are people from Cleveland referred to as Clevelanders or Clevelandan?

If you had to choose one Latin phrase to get tattooed on your chest, what would it be?

What do you think is on the other side of the EVE Gate?

17 hours ago, Stephen said:

Omens are fun ships to take out just to see what happens.

Omens were recently buffed, and I'm pretty intrigued with them currently.

2 hours ago, Oshri Paliako said:

In honor of early Taco Tuesday

Is there a "late" Taco Tuesday on Wednesday, too?  How many days of the week are you eating tacos?

17 hours ago, Stephen said:

most of the time, at least a few folks are pretty drunk, so the conversations are fun.

We know nothing of such things...

:Onion107:

1 minute ago, Ashin said:

Is there a "late" Taco Tuesday on Wednesday, too?  How many days of the week are you eating tacos?

Well, honestly today is more accurately "All Taco's Eve" and yes, Wednesday would be late Taco Tuesday.  I eat tacos two to three times a week though sometimes I get crazy and have a burrito instead of tacos. 

Are people from Cleveland referred to as Clevelanders or Clevelandan?

I am honestly not sure.  I'll ask a few and get back to you.

If you had to choose one Latin phrase to get tattooed on your chest, what would it be?

Caveat emptor, with a small screenshot of local chat in Jita drawn beneath.

What do you think is on the other side of the EVE Gate?

A gate camp.  Also, my death.

In honor of early Taco Tuesday - favorite taco?

Brisket, lettuce, sour cream, tomato, and cheese.

What would you use to cover up the tattoo Tyrilis is suggesting?

Thankfully, it was never specified that it had to be a permanent tattoo.  I'd just wash it off.

Favorite yo' mama joke*?

Um, I'm afraid I'll need to Google that and get back to you.  Also, please don't tell my mama - I'm a little scared of her.

Omens were recently buffed, and I'm pretty intrigued with them currently.

Oh really?  I'll need to go read about that, too ... sounds like fun!

Well, honestly today is more accurately "All Taco's Eve"

This should be a national holiday.