Cohort Proposal - ESO

Simone

Just popping in to say that I’m watching the thread. I’m not crystal clear on whether we have three vets or not - Simone you can count yourself as one of them. 

Im a little curious about the game, since it advertises that you can play it as single player for the story. But I’m not really gaming atm so I don’t want to count myself as one of the three!

I wouldn't feel comfortable giving my vet thumbs up for this since I know I wouldn't be playing this enough to really help make sure it goes well. I have enough other games on my plate atm that this would be something I would be extremely casual for.

Fair enough! @Ashin I think its safe to say that at this point there are a few vets interested in playing the game, but not enough veteran interest in a cohort. I'll do a couple trial events for the people who are interested in playing the game and see where it goes from there. 

Something I should have included in the OP -there are a TON of roleplayers playing this game. I don't think I can remember playing an mmo before where the RP guild recruitment spam outnumbers the non-rp spam. Check it out if your into RP and looking for a game. It's a multi-guild game - you can be in up to five guilds at one time.

This may be something that interests me but I won't have time to give it an honest "look-see" till next week. I'll check it out and post again. 

... couple questions...

1) I've not played any of the previous iterations of ES; will that limit my enjoyment?

2) I've recently purchased a PS4 (specifically for D3 seasons w/ Platycus lol) but I see that this title is playable on multiple platforms. Do we all have to be using the same one? (I ask b/c with D3, the PS4 community and the PC community are exclusive to their platform).

1 hour ago, Fera said:

1) I've not played any of the previous iterations of ES; will that limit my enjoyment?

That's a good question that I'm not sure I can answer! I've been playing ES games since Morrowind, so a big part of the appeal for me is definitely the nostalgia factor. I think it's very similar to FFXIV in that they are both very much IP fan service mmos. I do think someone with no ES experience could pick the game up and enjoy it, but I'd also say that the game caters to existing fans of the series. Has anyone else here without ES experience tried the game and enjoyed it?

1 hour ago, Fera said:

2) I've recently purchased a PS4 (specifically for D3 seasons w/ Platycus lol) but I see that this title is playable on multiple platforms. Do we all have to be using the same one? (I ask b/c with D3, the PS4 community and the PC community are exclusive to their platform).

The game is not cross platform, so we all have to be on the same platform (which is pretty silly IMO, allegedly there's no technical limitation preventing it, sony and microsoft just don't want to play nice together).

1 hour ago, Ashin said:

I might pick up a ps4 - but that can’t interact with PC players?

Correct, there's not cross platform connection, and I believe we are all on PC.

5 hours ago, Gul said:

Maybe in the interim before we get more interest/committed, we should form an in-game guild or common chat channel or something? 

I know I could certainly use a place to bug people with questions :blush:

Sure, I don't think it could hurt to have an unofficial guild started for people to chat and group up. Are we OK to use the SOH name for that @Ashin, or would I need to use some other name? Restated: can existing guild members form an SOH guild in a game before it turns into a cohort proper, provided we aren't recruiting new members?