Cohort Proposal - ESO

Simone

Yes, Saturday night was a lot of fun! Looking forward to more of it :)

15 hours ago, Simone said:

If you're kinda on the fence about ESO, now is great time to check it out!

A good thing about this game is that content is not gated by player level--everyone scales to the same level. So even if you're new and low level, you can still be a contributing member of the group! 

Here are some of the patch notes from when they introduced the concept of One Tamriel in 2016:

• Game content is no longer gated by a character's level
  • Right out of the tutorial you'll have the freedom to go anywhere in Tamriel and play any content, in any order, just like other Elder Scrolls games. Your character will automatically scale and balance to the content
  • The alliance restrictions have been lifted in all open-world zones, with the exception of PvP areas
  • High-level players will be able to group with friends who are new to ESO; anyone below Champion 160 will scale so everyone can adventure together
  • Every zone has been modified to ensure a mixture of content for solo and group play is available
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Simone said:

Yep - announcement forthcoming! Reminder: tonight is ESO dungeon/world boss night starting at 8pm EST. See you there!

Will try to be there but may be a bit late like last week.  I'll try and get on as quickly as possible.

The ESO Cohort is Officially Open for Business!

I'm excited to announce that the ESO cohort is open and accepting new members! I'll be the chapter's game officer with Fera acting as our liaison to SoH's leadership council.

Current Plans and Goals

We are currently in super casual mode with one night a week (Saturday evening) dedicated to group activities and general rabble rousing. All members are welcomed and encouraged to organize additional events/nights, so please feel free to add more to our calendar! I'm going to begin a soft recruitment push focusing newer players who fit the SoH mold in the next few days. All SoH veterans playing ESO with the guild receive the "officer" rank in-game and are (again) welcomed and encouraged to recruit new members!

Infrastructure

We are using the standard SoH Mumble for voice chat, and we have our own channel already. We will also have a dedicated Discord chat channel as well, which we will use for all of our scheduling and general chatting fun. We are also trying something super progressive and forgoing setting up the usual game specific subforums. Discord and mumble, that's it!

Edited by Simone