Cohort Proposal - Destiny 2

Grieve

As some already know, we have had an active group of SoHers playing Destiny 2 on PC since launch on 10/24/2017. I would like to officially request Cohort status for our group with myself, Grieve, stepping forward as the Game Officer. I have not yet obtained official vouches from 2 other Veterans, but I am fairly certain that I have at least 2 Veterans on the current Destiny 2 roster who will vouch for Cohort status. Below is the current roster for reference.

• Grieve
  • Kestrel
  • Elend
  • Kiffen
  • Fiz
  • Yevren
  • Tyrlis
  • Darlantan
  • Tilluk
  • Estarriol
  • Practical

About Destiny 2:

Destiny 2 is a First Person Shooter (FPS) with RPG elements. The game has a core story along with a casual level & gear grind. End game activities include your standard activities; public events in the open world, strikes (aka dungeons), raids, & PvP. The game also has weekly activity objectives. There are 3 classes with differing ability sets. The game does not have a high demand for time required, but players may spend many hours playing to perfect their gear.

Purpose & Goal:

The Destiny 2 Cohort would have the primary purpose of enjoying the game to the fullest. This would be achieved by experiencing as much of the content as possible including the various end game challenges, such as the Prestige Raids. The Cohort would also strive to allow all members to experience the game's content as best as possible. The Cohort will by design of the game be casual, but members are welcome to push their limits individually, if desired. As far what would be required from the Cohort members, the main requests would really pertain to those raiding and they would be as follows, maintain the reasonable gear/weapons for raid encounters (above the Recommended LVL noted in game for the content) and give advanced notice whenever possible for raid absences. All other Cohort members should at least show some presence in game, on the forums, or in Discord.

Activities & Growth:

Currently, the Destiny 2 group has 2 Raid nights, Wednesday & Sunday, with flexible rosters and timing. If we recruit beyond the 12 player capacity, this could be expanded on the stipulation that another member steps forward as a raid lead and would coordinate with myself on rosters and schedule.
In the future, I would like to grow our PvP footprint in Destiny 2, assuming the Cohort members show interest in such activities.

Request for Communication Services:

From the perspective of communication services, these are the following items I would like to request for the Cohort.

• A sub-forum to allow scheduling, discussion, & reference threads to be posted
  • A Discord Chat Channel for quicker communication and grouping
  • A Discord Voice Channel for running groups with PuGs as Discord is the primary VoIP used by the Destiny 2 community
  • A Mumble channel for common activities (We already have this)

Grieve has done an amazing job with Destiny 2 so far and from what I've heard from him he will continue to do so through good and bad times in the game. Destiny 2 is the perfect example of what a good solid Cohort should be, and has potential to help SoH grow.

3 hours ago, Elend said:

Grieve has done an amazing job with Destiny 2 so far and from what I've heard from him he will continue to do so through good and bad times in the game. Destiny 2 is the perfect example of what a good solid Cohort should be, and has potential to help SoH grow.

+1, I only play a few hours a week and Grieve makes it easy to just show up and raid.

Just a tiny update that I asked other Council folks to help out getting comma set up since I’m still settling in to my new place. We also still need to sort out a few forum structure things as far as council, vets, etc.

But consider yourselves free to recruit while everything is under construction. 

2 hours ago, Ashin said:

Just a tiny update that I asked other Council folks to help out getting comma set up since I’m still settling in to my new place. We also still need to sort out a few forum structure things as far as council, vets, etc.

But consider yourselves free to recruit while everything is under construction. 

Thanks for the update! The Discord requests are probably at the top of my list if those could potentially be prioritized by the council. I probably won't begin the actual recruitment until I'm settled in at my new apartment either.