New Member: Intro

Vaaza

Hey guys I recently joined this guild via ESO. I wanted to join this guild because I was looking for a better community to join. I'm 25 yrs old and I currently live and work in California. Obviously I can't be the super heavy gamer as I once was because I have to do adulting now, which is fine :) I know the guild is diverse with games and stuff. I don't play any of the other ones haha. 

I haven't met you yet Simon but hi! I'm happy to be here :)

Hi Vaaza, glad to have you aboard! We always ask new members a bunch of questions in their intro threads, so prepare yourself! Here are my questions:

- You've been playing for a lot longer than us - what's your number one piece of advice for us noobs?

- What are some of your favorite games (mmos or otherwise) that you're playing now?

- Do you have any non-gaming hobbies?

Well I wouldn’t consider myself an expert either but my biggest advice is to never be discouraged. Most people never reach where they want to be or never get the gear they want because they give up too quickly. The game doesn’t play itself and neither does your character. I’ve been in several dungeons where it was totally clearable but because people didn’t have the right attitudes, they just up and leave the group...

The main game right now is ESO. I play league and overwatch on the side but it’s not as fun imo. I do enjoy watching streams. 

I play tennis and trumpet. I’ve also been playing the piano for around 20 years now :D

Wow! Trumpet AND piano! I'm impressed :D  

Thanks for the advice; I can be a give-upper if I'm super tired ><   I'm still conflicted about what to main tbh; I tend to "love" whoever I'm on at the time! lol  I picked one toon to be a crafter and figured I'd only shoot one in the foot w/ regard to skill pts and such, but I love her! My kitty-cat crafter is a Warden and super fun to play. /sigh ... altaholic

I'm gonna be nice b/c I know we have guildies who like to ask lots of really odd questions! It's all in good fun, though, and in an effort to get to know you. Don't be shy! Feel free to ask us anything you wish. I am curious, though -- if you had a choice between being bitten by a radioactive spider and  slipping on monkey poo, which would you choose and why? xD

2 hours ago, Vaaza said:

I play tennis and trumpet. I’ve also been playing the piano for around 20 years now :D

Brass pride? I played trumpet in high school, and I didn't realize how much I missed it until I saw the Wisconsin marching band live a few months ago...

Hello potential new friend! Time for my random questions.

How do you earn your real-life gold?

What's your favorite pairing of food & alcohol?

Do you have any trinkets/toys on your computer desk?

Yes. Lots of brass pride! :) 

I currently work for Northrop Grumman as a test engineer. Been working there since last May. It's pretty fun and I enjoy working there! It's not in the field of my degree (Mat.Sci Eng) but I enjoy this field a lot more.

My forever favorite pairing would be any kind of light beer with rib-eye steak. I'm not a fan of wine anymore because I drank a bottle by myself in college and...well let's just say it was not a good experience and I ended up despising wine haha.

Sadly, I don't have any trinkets or toys because I'm currently renting a room so I have a landlord. Technically this isn't my place. Back at home, I do have a plush Espeon pokemon ditto edition. It was a limited edition that my sister bought me from Japan (She didn't actually go there; the store is located there though). It's a ditto that transformed into an Espeon so the face looks like ' - ' haha. It's cute.

Apologies for being so late to welcome you, Vaaza! But it's good to have you here! :)

I think we can all relate on game time being replaced with adulting. I used to practically live in a virtual environment until having a career got in the way. :p I don't get a chance to log in too much during the week, but I do carve out a good chunk of time on the weekends to slay orcs and stuff.

Here are a few more questions for you:

• What do you find most interesting about your job as a test engineer?
  • What's one one your favorite or most memorable moments in a game?
  • Do you have any show/movie recommendations? I'm running out of things to binge watch.