Privileges

NWraider503

Hello,

This aimed more at the admins. I am a new member of this community, and I am trying to check off all the prerequisites to become a full member, I believe my final step is signing the "code of conduct" but I am unable to do so for some reason, I believe it has to do with my current Priviliges on this site, but then again I'm not a pro on the setup of this site yet. Anywho if I could get a hand with this I would appreciate it. Thank you

Hi Raider! I've altered your forum rank to Recruit for now, which should give you greater access to the forums here.

To become a full Member of South of Heaven, a tad more is required of you -- and truth be told, if any of it is difficult or constraining, then this isn't a good home for you. It's easy and should be! All we want is your first born male child. haha -- kidding of course.

We've recently restructured the way we're managing the guild and put more of the power into the hands of our Members (specifically Veterans). So, instead of requiring you to endure a 30-day trial period, all the while being poked and prodded by our Vets, we now merely ask that you engage w/ our community for a couple of weeks, both in game and out, on Discord and forums -- and perhaps use Mumble with us if you can manage it. After a couple of weeks, 2 Veterans will either give you a yay! or a nay :(.

Given your willingness to post here on boards and the fact that you've already jumped on Discord, we're off to a good start. I do have one question, however ---- I'm uncertain as to whether or not you're able to see guild chat in ESO b/c I've not seen you respond in g/chat. Until yesterday I was having issues w/ g/chat as well, mostly b/c zone chat flew by so quickly, I was missing g/chat almost entirely. I had to spend several minutes to figure out how to make a new chat box that eliminated zone chat, etc. Tada! Now I can see it, lol. Anyway, let's figure that out for you, ok? I'd very much like to include you in our goofiness ^^

We think of SoH Membership like being given the keys to the family car -- we just want to make sure car and driver are a good fit. In our 14 year tenure, we've only asked 1 individual to leave (which to me is utterly astounding!) Once you're a Member, in a few months you'll be eligible for Veteran status. Time flies by when you're engaged w/ new friends and before long, you're driving the Porsche ^^

I hope that helps some; please forgive if I've muddied the waters and made things more confusing. Trust me when I say, you're on the right track. We just need to figure out the in-game chat thing. 

Cya in game! 

ps -- we use mumble.sourceforge.net to download Mumble; server info follows:

lion.mumbleboxes.com

port 36003

*shout me out in game when you do this; I'm usually logged into Mumble and will register you as a user so you can move around at your leisure*