Hello from the Great White North!

Oolong

25 minutes ago, Tyrlis said:

Random questions!

I'm from Northeast Wisconsin and we have a weird habit that I think may have Canadian roots. Whenever we bump into somebody in a doorway or a corner, we say 'ope, excuse me' or 'ope, sorry'. Is that Canadian or just some weird Minnesotan/Wisconsinite thing?

That is a very Canadian thing, we apologize for everything, so it could be spreading!

Marvel or DC?

Marvel.

Ranch or Italian dressing?

Italian, I like more thin vinegar-based dressings. Fav dressing is Kraft Sundried Tomato dressing. 

On 3/7/2018 at 4:24 PM, Oolong said:

the write up about the 5 dirty words of gaming

You have it right. The title was inspired by a legendary comic bit by George Carlin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dCIKqkIg1w

(NSFW, maybe offensive, and absolutely brilliant)

Thanks for sharing about yourself so generously - I commend your courage. I'm not playing ESO but I hope you stick around and enjoy our community!

10 hours ago, Ashin said:

Thanks for sharing about yourself so generously - I commend your courage. I'm not playing ESO but I hope you stick around and enjoy our community!

It has been a long time since I was able to open up and share that generously right from the get-go. I was shaking afterward from anxiety cause I thought I said too much. Everyone has been great thus far!

Edited by Oolong
spelling

1 hour ago, Oolong said:

It has been a long time since I was able to open up and share that generously right from the get-go. I was shaking afterward from anxiety cause I thought I said too much. Everyone has been great thus far!

I had a great time with you, Fera, and Paige last night! I want to break out my DK tank after seeing yours haha. 

Welcome, Oolong! I hope you'll make yourself comfortable here. :)

Yes, I really liked that Simone highlighted the 5 Dirty Words thread in the recruitment post--it immediately weeds out so many bad apples from the applicant pool. Before joining SoH (years ago!), I ran with a single-game guild that was full of selfish, foul, immature members. I don't know what decisions I made in my life at the time that led me to them, but it was all incredibly exhausting to endure. Fortunately I found a good thing with good people here. I hope you'll agree once you get to know us better. :) 

And as we get to know you, here are a few more questions!

• Would you describe your nervous laugh for us? For example, mine overcompensates by being too loud and announces to the world that I'm nervous, which in turn makes me more nervous. :p 
  • What is one of your favorite or most memorable moments in a game?
  • In a game of Tic-tac-toe, are you the X's or the O's?
Edited by Jackal