Introduction

lestatdevalois

Hey there friends,

I'm Paige. I'm vibrant & can have a potty mouth. I'm new to ESO and learning the ways of the force... errrr magic. I'm totes into PVE. Please teach me the things, and thanks for having me!

*Edit - I'm also super sad you guys don't play D2 on xbox. Otherwise, I'd be cooler and be able to join in that.

Hi Paige! I'm delighted to have another girl around to counterbalance all the testosterone xD

You're likely to get some responses in the form of very odd (and goofy) questions. Answer them! Show us your personality! And feel free to ask us anything you like, too. SoH has been around for nearly 14 yrs and we play oodles of different games so feel free to ask about any other game that interests you.

Soon you'll be asked to read and sign the Code of Conduct. If what it says doesn't jive w/ your way of life, let me know. You're hooked up to Discord, so that's good. We often tend to use Mumble for voice chat; in fact, I'm almost always parked in AFK/purgatory. The details for that are here. If using Mumble is problematic, let me know that as well! I'm happy to register you as a user anytime I'm online -- just send me a tell in game or in Discord.

Cya in game!

Nice to see you here Paige! Before I launch into my questions, why don't you tell us some more about yourself? Where do you live/work/etc., all that good stuff. Whatever you're comfortable sharing with strangers on the internet haha :) To the questions!

- Lestat in your username - is that Lestat like the vampire guy Lestat? I've never read the books but I'm a big fan of the movie. Who doesn't love seeing vampire Tom Cruise suck blood out of swamp rats!

- What other games do you play or have you played? Do you have an all time favorite MMO?

- What class/level is your ESO main?

- How did you know that dog pics would put you on the fast track to membership?? Also OMG what a dog!

Look forward to meeting you in game!

Hey, yeah! I'll explain a bit!

I live in SLC, UT, or SLUT, as we call it here. I work for a company called "Instructure" as an Implementation Consultant for our software, Canvas. I'm moving to Indonesia in October for shits and giggles. I'm actually super physically active, but I also love games. So you'll typically see me online in the evenings and weekends when I'm not out and about. I like rock climbing, hiking, camping, playing music, playing with my puppers, writing, and anything that is amazeballs. 

- Lestat as in the vampire, yes. I loved the books so much, I adopted his last name as my own. So I go by Paige Valois. Though in gaming, you can call me "Paige" or "Lestat"! The books are out of this world, and have nothing to do with the movie, really. I feel like they took characters and made a movie based on them (but I'm sure all book readers feel that way about the films that come out after)

- I don't play very many games anymore, but ESO, Destiny 2, and a bunch of old PC games I have... like Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2, Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines, and some other games like the Far Cry series.

- I'm pretty sure Dragonknight. I think I'm like level 36 or something lol

- I have superpowers. I drink and I know things. :D And thank you! He's the best.

Hello from Salt Lake, or the suburbia known as West Jordan. o/

I'm moderately familiar with Canvas because we use it at one of my jobs.

Your puppy makes me want a puppy, until I remember I live in an apartment and I refuse to have a puppy in an apartment.

And in the middle of the night I'll think of a random question to ask you that I will forget about after I get home from my other job because that's how things work.

Hello potential new friend! Sorry I'm slow on asking the random questions, but better late than never.

I'm jealous that you live near mountains. I lived in Denver for 6 years, but now live in South Florida where the highest elevation is 15. What's the highest climb you've done?

I'm going to steal one of the questions my teenagers were just asking each other - Would you rather control fire or water?

What class do you play in D2? Done any raiding? You know the leveling curve isn't bad with friends to help you out...

Hello @Tyrlis! I really do love the mountains here, it's something I'll miss - I'm sure! But sun feeds my soul, so Florida sounds amazeballs.

I only have climbed indoors so far, but I'm getting better & just bought gear, so I'm sure that I will be able to do some real ones come summer time.

I would rather control water - because that's in our bodies. So I'd essentially have human control too. :D Make people dance against their will or something.

I play a Dragonknight fire mage person or something. I don't know what a raid is yet. I'm assuming it's a cooler dungeon lol. And yes! This is why I joined the guild! I need moar frens.