Hello SoH!

Kielithos

Hello SoH!

I came across your recruitment post from the ESO forums. I've been playing the game off and on for about year now and I never could seem to find the right place for me. What caught my eye about SoH was that you all are new to the game (so I think), and you all are still learning and growing. I think that's great because even though I've been playing the game off and on, I still haven't really done much of anything in it. SoH seems like it would be such a great guild for me. I want to experience more of what ESO has to offer: Vet Dungeons, Trials, vTrials (maybe), PvP. All of it. Hard to do when none of your friends play and you're running solo most of the time. Hoping to change that!

Now for a little about myself. I'm a 34 year old male from Texas. I mostly game on PC, but do have an PS4 that mostly used for Netflix and other streaming. Haha, but I do have Monster Hunter World that I hope to play soon. I work and my schedule is always changing, but I think I could make most Saturday night hang outs. I do play everyday though so I should be around most nights. (Unless I'm being dragged to play PUBG or something.) I'm a quiet guy IRL and in game. Always have been. After a while, I do tend to open up. Hope that's not a problem. Always willing to help if I can!

Ok, I'm bad about talking about myself so if you all have any questions, feel free to ask!

Hope to explore Tamriel with you soon! Thanks for your time!

Arty

ESO Name: @Kielithos

Hi Kielithos! Welcome to the SoH! I sent you an in-game invite this morning.

8 hours ago, Kielithos said:

so if you all have any questions, feel free to ask!

Oh, they'll definitely ask! It's SoH tradition to ask new recruits wacky questions in their recruitment thread. I'm going to skip tradition because I need to run off to work, but I'm sure everyone else will pick up the slack!

What caught my eye about SoH was that you all are new to the game (so I think), and you all are still learning and growing. I think that's great because even though I've been playing the game off and on, I still haven't really done much of anything in it. SoH seems like it would be such a great guild for me. I want to experience more of what ESO has to offer: Vet Dungeons, Trials, vTrials (maybe), PvP.

You've come to the right place! We are all definitely new to ESO, only a couple of us have hit level 50. The downside to that is that we're not quite ready to be doing vet dungeons yet. We're doing a lot of normal dungeons though! I've also been mulling over organizing our first PvP event, that will probably happen in the next couple weeks. I've heard that normal trials aren't any harder than normal dungeons, they just require more time and people. We'll definitely test that theory when we have 12 people interested in trying it out!

Haha, but I do have Monster Hunter World that I hope to play soon.

I think we have some MHO players around here, you'd probably find some interested in grouping with you if you asked around on our discord.

Looking forward to meeting up you in game!

Hello and Welcome!

I'm going to be one of those ESO players who hits 50 and has no idea what she's doing. I have, however, been having a great deal of fun! It's so easy to get immersed in that game and forget real life sometimes. And laundry; I always forget the laundry ^^

Now for some questions:

When did something start out badly for you but in the end, turned out great?

What weird food combinations do you really enjoy? (one of mine: mayo on steamed broccoli!)

Cya in game!!

Thanks for the welcome!

When did something start out badly for you but in the end, turned out great?

I can't really think of anything other than we lost our home several years ago and have been moving from apartment to apartment ever since. I think the longest we stayed somewhere was like 2 years. Anyways, we just bought a home back in August and it's bigger and better than the one we had and in the city! So in the end, it turned out great!

What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?

I'm actually really picky about what I eat. I don't have an weird combinations of food.

Welcome, Arty! Glad to have you here. :) 

Yes, running with a group is so important in MMOs. It's funny, when Fera and I first started playing ESO, all we did was complain about it. ("Why is this jump mechanic so floaty?" "What do you mean I can only have 25 quests at a time?!" "#@$% this inventory UI!!") But we were in good company and ultimately found a sense of excitement and wonder in Tamriel. Having loads of fun now, and having friends along makes all the difference. 

Here are a few more questions for you:

• I'm someone who rents and has moved very frequently in the past. Do you have any horror stories from your time as an always-moving tenant?
  • What is one of your favorite or most memorable moments in a game?
  • If you had to choose between eating the steamed broccoli and mayo or slipping on monkey poo, which would you choose?
Edited by Jackal

9 hours ago, Jackal said:

Welcome, Arty! Glad to have you here. :) 

Yes, running with a group is so important in MMOs. It's funny, when Fera and I first started playing ESO, all we did was complain about it. ("Why is this jump mechanic so floaty?" "What do you mean I can only have 25 quests at a time?!" "#@$% this inventory UI!!") But we were in good company and ultimately found a sense of excitement and wonder in Tamriel. Having loads of fun now, and having friends along makes all the difference. 

Here are a few more questions for you:

• I'm someone who rents and has moved very frequently in the past. Do you have any horror stories from your time as an always-moving tenant?
  • What is one of your favorite or most memorable moments in a game?
  • If you had to choose between eating the steamed broccoli and mayo or slipping on monkey poo, which would you choose?

Any horror stories? Well, the last home we rented, had baby roaches in the kitchen. We think they were in the dish washer the landlord had installed before we moved in. That's where they were every time we opened it up. Let me tell you.. I HATE ROACHES!!! The first few weeks were horrible for me, haha. An exterminator came out and whatever he did, got rid of them and we never saw another one for the two years we lived there.

Most memorable moment in a game has to be Aerith's death in Final Fantasy 7. That was the first time I had ever played a RPG and what really got me into gaming. I cried. A lot.

I'd for sure eat the steamed broccoli and mayo. No poo, please!

Arty, I've altered your forum rank to Recruit so you can poke around a bit. Check out the section on Guild Policies so you know what you're getting yourself into xD  Then take a moment and read our Code of Conduct; if you agree, sign it. If you don't, please post here to let us know.

I look forward to seeing you in game!