hey there SOH!

Ratchettt001

Hey there!

I ran into a post on the eso forums asking for new members and after messaging Fera in game I was directed here. I guess I should start by introducing myself then :lol:

I'm male, 16 years old attending high school in Canada at the moment. I have two cats and a massive great dane puppy that is a lot to handle but we still love him. I've been playing video games my entire life and I have always had a passion for MMOs (even though I never had anyone to play them with). Something about open worlds and adventure appeals to me in a way that other games just don't. My first ever MMO was World of Warcraft when I was 5 or 6 and I played on my dad's account when he wasn't playing. I started playing ESO about a year ago when I bought the game for the first time on the PS4 (my primary gaming system at the time). Since I recently got a PC I bought the game and am now looking for people to play with. I currently have a lvl 11 breton sorcerer on pc as my first and only character thus far. I have the Morrowind expansion and have purchased the dark brotherhood dlc using the free crowns given to you upon starting the game.

I am interested in joining SOH because it seems like a great group with friendly and accepting players. I have always wanted to play MMOs with other people and have looked to join guilds in the past in other games but it never worked out mainly because of me being intimidated by others that knew the game so much better than me. I want to get out of my comfort zone a little bit and would love to start with a friendly guild that I can learn the game alongside with. Although I did buy the game on PS4 a year ago and have dabbled with PVP occasionally I would still consider myself a noob as I know next to nothing about builds and such.

Anyways I'll save your eyes the trouble of having to read any more of my introduction :D

Thanks for reading if you've gotten this far though and thanks for having me!

Hey there Ratchett, nice to meet you! We're all brand new to the game (mostly!), so you've come to the right place if you're looking for a group to learn the game with! We ask all of our new recruits a mix of serious and silly questions as a way to break the ice and get to know each other better. Here are my questions:

- We're old. We've generally kept to an unofficial "21+" age limit. What motivates you to want to play with a bunch of old heads?

- Are you playing any other games right now, and if so, which ones?

- Can we see the Dane please?? (I love big dogs!!)

Pet pics are definitely winners with us ^^

You're use of the English language is stellar (I'm a retired English teacher ;P) -- is that your favorite subject in school? Or do you lean more to the sciences and math? Or perhaps music/theater is your bag!?

I have 3 cats: Chaos, Loki, and their sister, Luna(tic) -- what are the names of your furbabies? 

What's your favorite food? What is the weirdest food combination that you like to eat? (mine is mayo on steamed broccoli lol)

Talk soon! (I sent you a friend request in game so perhaps we could group for something :) )

3 hours ago, Simone said:

- We're old. We've generally kept to an unofficial "21+" age limit. What motivates you to want to play with a bunch of old heads?

I don't really have a problem with playing with adults as long as they're okay with playing with me lol. I'm looking to push my boundaries and I've never quite been comfortable when it comes to guilds but I figured if I could find a friendly guild to start in then It'd make the game much more enjoyable.

- Are you playing any other games right now, and if so, which ones?

I've been game-surfing for a while now and I decided to give ESO a shot on my PC. I was instantly reminded of how fun it is and I'm planning on playing it for a while.

Other than ESO I play things like Ark: Survival Evolved, Fortnite, Minecraft (off and on).

- Can we see the Dane please?? (I love big dogs!!)

Maybe! :D It's pretty late for me right now and I don't want to bother anyone but I'll remind myself later!

3 hours ago, Fera said:

You're use of the English language is stellar (I'm a retired English teacher ;P) -- is that your favorite subject in school? Or do you lean more to the sciences and math? Or perhaps music/theater is your bag!?

Thank you! My favorite subject is actually art and I'm in a specialized art school that I auditioned for in grade 8

3 hours ago, Fera said:

I have 3 cats: Chaos, Loki, and their sister, Luna(tic) -- what are the names of your furbabies? 

The names of my two cats are Oliver and Rosie. My dog is named Seamus (pronounced Shaymus) because my mom is really into Irish names :p

3 hours ago, Fera said:

What's your favorite food? What is the weirdest food combination that you like to eat? (mine is mayo on steamed broccoli lol)

My favorite food has to be french onion soup by far. I don't actually have any weird food combinations that I can think of off the top of my head right now actually oops

Also a fun fact about me! I can speak french as well as english. It's kinda the requirement here in Canada that we learn both languages but I still like to boast a little bit :angel:

Edited by Ratchettt001
adding information

7 minutes ago, Ratchettt001 said:

Also just a quick note...

If I'm too young and you'd rather keep the guild populated with older people then that's okay. Just let me know I won't be offended if you turn me down lol :p

Good news on that front! We were impressed by your intro and solid response to my pointed question on our age difference. We'd like to send you an invite! Fera will probably beat me to it, but if not can you leave your account name here so I can invite you tonight?

24 minutes ago, Simone said:

Good news on that front! We were impressed by your intro and solid response to my pointed question on our age difference. We'd like to send you an invite! Fera will probably beat me to it, but if not can you leave your account name here so I can invite you tonight?

Thanks! My account is Ratchett001

On 3/11/2018 at 7:17 PM, Fera said:

You're use of the English language is stellar

Tut-tut, my friend!

On 3/11/2018 at 5:11 PM, Ratchettt001 said:

I want to get out of my comfort zone a little bit

Apply that philosophy to all areas of your life, and I suspect you'll be pleased with the results. ;)

Hello potential new friend! I don't play ESO, but I still enjoy harassing recruits as fast as I can come up with off-the-wall questions.

My older two children (17 & 18) have entire conversations in memes & emojis. What's your favorite meme?

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if it had a Falcon 9 rocket?

Do you play Fortnite Battle Royale or Horde mode? We have semi-monthly PUBG nights, if you're into the less-technically-stable-but-more-realistic version of battle royale...