Greetings from Luxtago

Luxtago

I'm a 56 year old, very happily married guy. My wife is SUPER cool. I have 3 great little dogs.

I've got 20 years MMO experience.. in fact I wrote the first multi-player MMO in the state of minnesota on the University mainframe
in in 1979! Yes, I"m that old. I live on the west coast, and mostly work from home as an IT architect role.

I was a raid healer for 5  years in EQ2.. my favorite game before ESO. I really like ESO.. but have only been playing about 7 days
so far.

I tend to play healers.. but hate how healers are treated in most games..  this game has been mostly nice to my healers so far.

I've got one level 30 sorc and a couple level 25 templar/warden.

So i'm a complete newbie still.

But that's me...

Ahh, a kindred spirit -- hello and welcome!!  I'm the resident elder I think (54, female), have a super cool hubs, 3 insane cats (siblings Chaos, Loki & Luna(tic), live in MN (but from New Orleans) and generally play a healer. Are you sure we're not related? lol My sorc hit 50 last week and I still have almost no idea what I'm doing ^^

We do have a great crew, though, mostly nooby but have a few higher CP players who are generous w/ their knowledge.

Folks from the gaming community may stop by and say "hi" and possibly ask you a few questions (often silly) in an effort to get to know you a bit more. Share only that which you're willing to divulge to internet strangers lol (and strange we are! xD)

Meanwhile, I'm going to change your forum rank so you can poke around a bit. Go ahead and post your acct name so I can toss you a g/invite. Once you accept, take a peak at the motd for our Discord and Mumble info. Shout if anything goes awry ^^

I look forward to gaming with you!

A healer!!

I like healers :)  IT architect sounds pretty neato. I’m actually getting ready for work which is why I’m up so early. I work in west coast as well!

1. What kind of dogs do you have? I love dogs!

2. Being a MMO vet, who do you think gets treated the worst; tanks or healers :p

3. Lastly, from your perspective as a healer seeing that I also like healing, do you get more frustrated with tanks that can’t tank or dps that run around like headless chickens :D 

Good to have you on board :)  I’m open to any questions you have to ESO ! I’m not an expert but I can answer most questions. 

Hello and welcome Luxtago! I sent you an in-game invite this morning (I'm gorbcorb from the ESO boards). It's nice to meet another healer fan! My main is a nightblade healer, tons of fun. 

My question (it's a two parter): You've been playing mmos for a long time, what do you think are the most and least positive developmentdls you've seen in the genre over the last 20 years?

• 2 weeks later...