Hi

D_SeL

Hi there potential new friend, welcome to the forums!

Typically the intro post is used as a way for you to give us an idea about yourself. And then we pose often nonsensical, but sometimes serious, questions for you to answer as a way to both haze, and get to know you. Don't worry, it is (mostly) all done in good fun. But we need to know some more about you, like: what other games do you play, how do you earn your RL gold, what got you into ESO, which moon of Jupiter would you like to rule. Typical stuff.

Edited by Practical

Hello D_Sel! I'm Gorbcorb from the ESO boards and I run South of Heaven's ESO guild (along with the fabulous Fera, who I'm sure you'll meet soon!). I joined SoH back when I was playing Eve, and my main character's name was Simone, so that sort of became my SoH name for life. That's what I use on Discord and Mumble etc.

Anyway! Why do you tell us some more about yourself? Where are you from, what do you do for a living, what other games do you play, that sort of stuff. Are you the person from the ESO boards that kept getting stuck in guilds with impenetrable social circles? I totally know what that feels like haha. That was my experience in probably 80% of the MMO guilds I joined before SoH. I think we try to make conscious decisions about how we run group activities to help avoid that, and also by keeping a relatively small roster.

Hiya!  I have a couple get-to-know you type questions! 

How old are you? What is the most impressive thing you know how to do? If you were to rule a moon of Jupiter, would you try to peacefully co-habitate w/ the existing denizens, or would you try to wipe them out or possibly enslave them?

Just to ram home Simone's point, SoH is decidedly un-cliquish. In are large chapters, we've worked very hard to remain as inclusive as possible. And, we get to know our members as people rather than mere pixels (which is why our gaming community has such a long tenure and yet, remains dynamic).

I hope to see you in game!

I don't want to rule over anything. I would only observe the life on whichever moon I ruled over should I be forced to rule over it. I'm a talentless hack, I tell jokes that others have told. That's what I'm really good at. My income is a bit of a personal question that I feel I should not share with just anyone. I live in Canada, I play skatey punchy and contrary to popular belief I don't say 'eh'.

• Simone locked this topic