Hello,

BarryC

Hello, My name is Barry and I am a 23 year old recent college grad. I had found out about SoH while browsing the ESO guilds subreddit and had figured that this would be a great opportunity to meet other like-minded individuals. I myself have been a lifelong console gamer and have just recently (within the past 3 months) built my first PC and started my journey into true PC gaming. With that said, I am now in search of new friends and believe that the SoH community could help with that :).  I have always enjoyed open-world/exploration type games and within the past 3 months I have gone back to play some of my favorite games in Borderlands 2 and ESO. I have played ESO on/off for the better part of 2 years on console; however essentially stopped playing just prior to the Shadow of the Hist expansion. I had amassed nearly 500 cp on console, but will be starting from scratch on the PC and am currently traveling Tamriel alone as a lowly level 24 :). I much prefer playing through PvE content such as dungeons/Trials or even just running around Tamriel gathering resources and killing stuff. On occasion I enjoy jumping into PvP, but only as a medium to large group as I am not the most skillful in PvP encounters.  Nevertheless, I hope that I fit in with the SoH community and can become a member of the guild in-game and thanks to Simone (@GorbCorb) for directing me here to the forums.  

Looking forward to gaming with SoH, 

Barry   

Hello Barry, welcome to SoH! Glad to have you aboard! I've sent you an invite in-game and will send you a PM with a link to our Discord here soon. We also use Mumble for voice chat, the server info is in our in-game MOTD.

7 hours ago, BarryC said:

have just recently (within the past 3 months) built my first PC and started my journey into true PC gamin

That's cool! I was also 23 and just finishing college when I built my first PC too. I built four more over the last nine year, it's super fun once you know how to do it. I just a new built a new one last summer, right before graphics card prices went crazy. Did you run into any trouble with your first build? Mine was super stressful - I dropped the CPU on the kitchen table and had to bend some of the pins back with a credit card!

8 hours ago, BarryC said:

I much prefer playing through PvE content such as dungeons/Trials or even just running around Tamriel gathering resources and killing stuff.

That's mostly how I play too - dungeons and just running around collecting stuff. I spend a lot of time stealing stuff too haha. I was always more of a PvP player in other MMOs, but I just haven't got around to doing it in ESO. I'll get to it soon I guess :D. What class/role is your favorite and what are you playing for your new PC character?

Hi Barry -- welcome!

We're delighted to have you aboard. I've only been playing just over a month now and have found complete immersion to be very easy, indeed. I'm not much for pugging but thoroughly enjoy grouping with guildies. What class is your favorite to play?

I've altered your forum rank to Recruit so you can poke around a bit more. When you log in to ESO, check the MOTD for our social media stuffs -- please use "BarryC" when joining Discord and Mumble so we can quickly identify you as you! lol

I'll cya in game! 

10 hours ago, Simone said:

Did you run into any trouble with your first build?

Ha, well i broke the stock cooler that came with my cpu and almost had a panic attack. However, all ended for the better as the cooler I bought for the cheap on Amazon works wonders. :) 

Back in the 486 days I put a cpu in wrong.. let me tell you, it dosen't take long to fry a cpu and they stink!

Anyway, welcome .. hope to see you on one of our group smash bad guys nights!  Sometimes it is dungeons and other times we run around a zone and do dolmens and world bosses.