Intro

Rasputin_Estochin

Hi,

I'm Anthony and I just began playing ESO.  I have been a long time MMO player but have been out of the scene for a little while.  I used to play a great deal of Eve online but walked away a few years back.  I am getting back into MMO gaming with ESO and have been looking for a guild for a while and SoH stuck out to me.  If you have any questions for me or would just like to learn ESO with me also feel free to reach out.

30 minutes ago, Rasputin_Estochin said:

Hi,

I'm Anthony and I just began playing ESO.  I have been a long time MMO player but have been out of the scene for a little while.  I used to play a great deal of Eve online but walked away a few years back.  I am getting back into MMO gaming with ESO and have been looking for a guild for a while and SoH stuck out to me.  If you have any questions for me or would just like to learn ESO with me also feel free to reach out.

Hello Anthony, nice to meet you! I'm Simone/GorbCorb/Alex - most people call Simone but I answer to all of the above haha. Simone was my eve main's name - I also walked away from Eve (just a few weeks ago)! ESO is far less stressful for me :D.

We usually ask our recruits some random serious and non-serious questions so we can get to know you a bit. Here are mine!

- East Coast, West Coast, middle America...Canada? Where ya from?!

- Cool job, or boring job? I'm firmly in the "boring job" category. I do bureaucrat stuff for the PA state government.

- What's your favorite ESO class and role so far? And what level are you?

- Best Eve story? I've got quite a few haha, most of them involve some beer and SoH fleets!

Look forward to meeting you in game! I received your in-game mail and will send you an invite when I finish writing this up. I'll also send you a PM here on the forums with the link to our Discord and some other new recruit info. I may get to that tonight, but definitely tomorrow if not.

Hi,

Simone -

I'm a central timezone player who has a boring job to some but I love it.  I basically argue over money all day and at this point my portfolio is over a billion $'s (it feels like monopoly money). So far I have just been running a tank but in almost every game I have ever player I do support classes(healing is fun).

Best Eve story -

I used to run with a corp called Advocates of Sin.  We were small (~30 people) but vicious.  Vicious to the point where we took Ama for a few weeks while we were playing just to prove we could and hold it.  For a while there was a few 0.0 sec alliances that would hire us out to harass other groups and at one point one of our guys found a wormhole that went to the other end of the universe into another null sec  point where another alliance looked very comfy and safe.  We got the group together with a few people from the alliance and jumped through.  We severely underestimated the group.  The fight lasted a few hours and we were out numbered probably 3-1 but we took quite a few down with us.  

As we realized that there was not much more damage that we could do and that it would suck to have to clone all the way back we begun to jump back through the wormhole content with the chaos created.  As we pull the rest of the fleet through, one of our guys in an Onyx calls out over vent."Guys, it closed"...He was the last one left behind in the Onyx and the wormhole closed on the guy right before him.  If I remember correctly it was over 85 jumps for him to try and get back safely.

That is probably my favorite.  That or when we used to run our 30 man AF wolf packs and we annoyed an alliance so badly once that they dropped a titan near us and popped all of us with the Titan AoE.  Totally worth.

Hi there and welcome! In my head I've already started calling you "Razz" lol -- I hope you don't mind!

Instead of questions, I'm just gonna leave you with a quote I picked up from ESO (haha, I'm a complete dork): If you avoid all of life's abrasions, you'll never be polished enough to shine.

I, too, am CST, having moved from New Orleans, LA to Minnesota (damn near a straight line too) just over a year ago. I tend to play during the day a good bit. I look forward to gaming w/ you!

Welcome to the forums! (From the Destiny 2 crew!) 

You played EVE? Oh, man you should totally have @Tyrlis tell you the story about how he stranded a fleet in a wormhole. :p 

Any other MMOs you've played?

If you were stuck on an island alone with only 1 CD, or Cassette, to listen to for the rest of your life what would it be?

Dogs or Cats?

Looking forward to meeting you and have fun in ESO!

22 hours ago, Rasputin_Estochin said:

I used to run with a corp called Advocates of Sin.  We were small (~30 people) but vicious.  Vicious to the point where we took Ama for a few weeks while we were playing just to prove we could and hold it.  For a while there was a few 0.0 sec alliances that would hire us out to harass other groups and at one point one of our guys found a wormhole that went to the other end of the universe into another null sec  point where another alliance looked very comfy and safe.  We got the group together with a few people from the alliance and jumped through.  We severely underestimated the group.  The fight lasted a few hours and we were out numbered probably 3-1 but we took quite a few down with us.  

As we realized that there was not much more damage that we could do and that it would suck to have to clone all the way back we begun to jump back through the wormhole content with the chaos created.  As we pull the rest of the fleet through, one of our guys in an Onyx calls out over vent."Guys, it closed"...He was the last one left behind in the Onyx and the wormhole closed on the guy right before him.  If I remember correctly it was over 85 jumps for him to try and get back safely.

Yep, that's a quality Eve story. I hope Tyrlis stops by to tell his story of WH misadventure. It's a good one :thumbup:

Ooof. Which wormhole misadventure story? The one where half of my Caracal fleet of 25 was trapped in a wormhole that was stable/stable when we started? The one where our return wormhole died and we had a 40-jump trip home? I can't keep track...

Anyways, a belated welcome to you, potential new friend. :thumbup: