@MorpheusZero - Hey Guys/Gals

MorpheusZero

Hey Guys/Gals!

My alias across the web is MorpheusZero. My friends call me simply "Morph" for short--I mean you can understand in PVP shouting out long names--tends to be easier to keep it one syllable for simplicity haha! I am a 27 years old and currently hold titles for multiple things--husband, gamer, Netflix Binge Watcher, engineer, etc.

I have been playing games since the original NES--but my most memorable childhood gaming systems were probably Super NES and N64. I then graduated from N64 straight to PS2--then to PS3. Around the mid-life of PS3, I got my first gaming PC and the taste of that world. I continued on to PS4--but I barely play on PS4 these days, its mostly a Netflix machine, and also my wife plays on it mostly. I mostly use it for console exclusive titles. I am primarily a PC player now.

When I'm not gaming--by day I am a Software Engineer for a very large Fortune 10 company for the past 4 years.I am a full stack developer, writing backend code mostly in Java, while writing front-end in mostly Typescript/Javascript using frameworks like AngularJS or libraries such as React. Programming and gaming are my passions--and at any given time of day, if Im not doing one--I'm doing the other.

In 2011--I started a PS4 Gaming Community with a few friends whom I played Call of Duty: Black Ops 1 with. Shortly after, we migrated over to Battlefield 3. Over the next 4 years, the clan had become mostly a Battlefield 3 and 4 community--managing well over 200 active users and about 12 staff that I had weekly meetings with. Over time though as I stated earlier, I drifted away from the PS4 and more into PC. So I eventually stepped down as the Founder of that clan and passed the torch onto more able hands who were more involved with the PS4 side of things. They are still going strong today and still have a handful of friends that I play miscellaneous games with regularly on PC with that I met there.

These days I mostly play with those same 5 or 6 friends that I met while running the clan (those who don't really play PS4 anymore either, but we don't all play the same kinds of games.) Although I chat with them daily in our Discord server that the few of us are in, I'm looking for a more permanent gaming community with active players who are playing the same kinds of games as me. MMOs, Shooters, etc.

I got ESO about 6 months ago, and have played off and on SOLO--but really would love to be able to join in some group stuff for longevity. I play off and on because playing solo, I tend to get to areas that I cant do alone and just give up.

I recently bought Overwatch and love it--so if anyone plays that and fancies some games--I'm all there as well. I'd love to be able to play with a competitive team.

I bought the Ultimate Edition (or whatever its called--the expensive one) for Destiny 2 when it launched. I played it non-stop for Season 1 until I mostly maxed out--then I quit. I came back for a few hours for Curse of Osiris, but never finished it because the group I was playing with had quit as well. So I could get back into that if there are people there as well. I love to do the raids on Destiny and the gunplay is second to none!

I first played EVE Online about 6 months ago--and played for a solid 3 or 4 months straight non-stop as a subbed player. I ran with a few smaller Mining Corps in High and Low Sec--never played any null sec stuff before. I mostly did mining stuff and never really experienced any PVP stuff apart from getting destroyed during a war once or twice in my mining barge. (Procurer)./ I REALLY like Eve Online--I just would rather play with some groups who tend to do more PvE than PVP, and the Corp I used to play with eventually moved to Null Sec and I didnt want to go so I stopped playing. But I could see myself getting back into this as well if there is interest.

I played SWTOR a little--it was fun, but kind of dated and I hate the combat. But with a group, I think I'd have more fun.

I still Minecraft from time to time. I recently downloaded TERA and am thinking about trying it out as well. 

My favorite game genre is probably RPG (I'm a huge fan of Bethesda games like Elder Scrolls and Fallout--also love Borderlands). I also love survival and strategy titles. Subnautica was a gem. Factorio is epic. etc.

So if you'll have me--I'll play with ya! You can find me in almost anything as one of the following variations of MorpheusZero.

ESO: @MorpheusZero
Blizzard BattleNet: MorpheusZero#1642
Steam: MorpheusZero or MorpheusZer0 ----not sure which one it is, account name and display name are different.
Discord: MorpheusZero#8992

Welcome to the forums! Glad you found us!

Also, WOW! That's quite the intro!

With respect to Overwatch, we actually just had a casual evening playing each other. (Most of us complete n00bs, but it was still fun.) I'm not sure about a competitive group, but if enough people are interested, I'm sure it could happen.

Destiny 2 you say? Well how about that we have a PC Clan actively raiding in this very community! If you want to join us for raids, you are more than welcome to. Just toss me a message on the side and I can get you set up with the group as well. (Just don't ignore those guys in ESO. :p )

Anyways! Looking forward to meeting & potentially shoot some Cabal with you. :D 

Oh, right... questions.

Dogs or Cats?

Favorite Destiny 2 sub-class? Preferred weapon type?

Most recently binge watched Netflix series?

Hello Morpheus and welcome to SoH! That's a quality intro - puts mine to shame haha :D! Tonight is our weekly group night at 8est (techinically, this will be our fourth group night this week, but this is the only night that's etched in stone each week!). You're welcome to join us if you're interested. Our Mumble and Discord information is in the in-game MOTD.

2 hours ago, MorpheusZero said:

In 2011--I started a PS4 Gaming Community with a few friends whom I played Call of Duty: Black Ops 1 with. Shortly after, we migrated over to Battlefield 3. Over the next 4 years, the clan had become mostly a Battlefield 3 and 4 community--managing well over 200 active users and about 12 staff that I had weekly meetings with. Over time though as I stated earlier, I drifted away from the PS4 and more into PC. So I eventually stepped down as the Founder of that clan and passed the torch onto more able hands who were more involved with the PS4 side of things. They are still going strong today and still have a handful of friends that I play miscellaneous games with regularly on PC with that I met there.

Very cool! Sounds kinda like a PS4 version of what we have going here. Here's hoping we're familiar strangers in that respect! :D

I recently bought Overwatch and love it--so if anyone plays that and fancies some games--I'm all there as well. I'd love to be able to play with a competitive team.

Yep I bet you'll find some takers on this front. I played with the group last night and really enjoy it, but I don't play it that often because it aggravates my carpal tunnel. Thanks Blizz...

I first played EVE Online about 6 months ago--and played for a solid 3 or 4 months straight non-stop as a subbed player. I ran with a few smaller Mining Corps in High and Low Sec--never played any null sec stuff before. I mostly did mining stuff and never really experienced any PVP stuff apart from getting destroyed during a war once or twice in my mining barge. (Procurer)./ I REALLY like Eve Online--I just would rather play with some groups who tend to do more PvE than PVP, and the Corp I used to play with eventually moved to Null Sec and I didnt want to go so I stopped playing. But I could see myself getting back into this as well if there is interest.

Eve was my gateway to SoH and I really enjoy the game. I also really hate it! I still read Eve Reddit every day, but I'm completely burnout on actually playing the game. I can't see going back unless CCP adds a significant amount of engaging and dynamic group PvE content that would be accessible for a group our size (which was like ~10 people when we closed). I wont hold my breath haha.

I played SWTOR a little--it was fun, but kind of dated and I hate the combat. But with a group, I think I'd have more fun.

I played SWTOR a ton at launch, and then for a few months at the end of 2014. I actually really enjoy it, but I didn't have a good group to play with the second time around. In my experience, the best way to play it was with three other friends who wanted to move through the group dungeons together/in-sequence to see the story. That way there was no rushing through the dialogue and the chance based dialogue options became something to laugh about together. I played a wild-card republic scoundrel who was just as likely to pick the good or evil option, while my friends were mostly completely good. It made for a lot of fun times when my character won the roll haha.

6 hours ago, MorpheusZero said:

We just shut down our EVE Online chapter last month, but we were very PvP-focused. We felt like plenty of other games have really good PvE, but the PvP in EVE is second-to-none. To each their own though - I love all the industrialists and miners that keep ship prices down! :)

6 hours ago, MorpheusZero said:

I also love survival and strategy titles. Subnautica was a gem. Factorio is epic. etc.

About 20 minutes into Factorio I saw how deep the rabbit-hole went with programming the trains and everything... I just had to step back, for the sake of my sanity and my marriage. Did you play The Long Dark?

Speaking of MMOs & shooters, did you ever play The Division?

And one more random question: Which fighter jet is your favorite?

Hi Morpheus got your friend invite and it was fun playing with you today. :D

Another Software engineer yay! I kinda have the same lifestyle as you I code or I play video games.
Coding is so much fun. I just have some smalls questions because I'm curious.

What is the first programming language you learned
and is there another programing language you never tried before that you want to learn one day?

1 hour ago, Tyrlis said:

Did you play The Long Dark?

Speaking of MMOs & shooters, did you ever play The Division?

And one more random question: Which fighter jet is your favorite?

I have never played The Long Dark unfortunately. Is it something I should look into?

I played the Division Beta on PS4--but never got into past that. Though hearing about the announcement of The Division 2--I am interested in possibly getting into it at that point.

Being a fan of War Thunder--I am working on the British line of planes right now--my favorite series being the Spitfire! https://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=SpitfireMkIIb It's a beast!

@Mikagi Thanks for the games man! Yes! Software Development is my life!

First language I learned--was Java--when I was writing mods for Minecraft.

I don't currently know how to write in C++, though I would like to learn it for toying around in the Unreal Engine. I'd also like to learn some stuff with Python--just seems like a fun language to get into, or possibly some of the other JVM stuff like Scala, etc.

Edited by MorpheusZero

1 hour ago, MorpheusZero said:

I have never played The Long Dark unfortunately. Is it something I should look into?

It's a pretty brutal sandbox survival sim with a bit of shooting, set in the Canadian wilderness. They recently came out with the first story episode that got solid reviews, and features my favorite voice actor ever Jennifer Hale. :thumbup: