Hey all new D2 recruit here!

NelsonJEDI

Hey guys,

In my search for a community to continue my time in Destiny 2 with I luckily found you guys thanks to a message from Grieve. I am a pretty laid back guy who stays away from the salt and is looking to do all the PvE content he can, while also hoping for a  bit of camaraderie, which I missed out on in my PUG days . I've completed both raids multiple times along with the prestige mode for the Calus section and am excited for the new content to come out. However, that doesn't mean I'm done playing until that happens and look forward to grouping up with the clan in the coming days/weeks.

As I said before I'm laid back and am generally down to chat about whatever in Discord and such. I'm 31 and I am currently studying for LSAT in Texas. My screenname is a holdover from long ago when I first logged on to AOL around 1996. Nostalgia plus my enduring love of Star Wars has led me to holding on to it despite the fact that some could view it as a little on the nose and childish ( a combination of my name and well.... JEDI). Also, it's pretty easy to call out JEDI for short during raids and such, which is a plus. Along with Destiny 2, I also play a fair amount of Overwatch and long single player RPG's (over 1000 hours in Witcher 3... I know).  Look forward to meeting you guys and downing some bosses a long the way.

NelsonJEDI (I.E. Nelson)

Battletag NelsonJEDI#1726

Welcome to the forums NelsonJEDI! Glad to have you here!

Something I may not have mentioned during our talk is the tradition of recruit hazing via questions. I hope you're ready! :p 

Which is your favorite encounter in the Leviathan Raid? Why?

Best Star Wars movie to date?

What form of Law are you planning to study?

Ribs or Wings?

Favorite single player RPGs? (Other than the Witcher 3.)

Is you name actually Nelson?

Is everything "actually" bigger in Texas or do ya'll just say that to mess with us?

1 hour ago, NelsonJEDI said:

My screenname is a holdover from long ago when I first logged on to AOL around 1996.

Nice. My screen-name is from hitting 'Random' in WoW in 2004.

1 hour ago, NelsonJEDI said:

over 1000 hours in Witcher 3... I know

That's dedication. I think I've played TW1 two or three times, TW2 at least twice, and TW3 once through vanilla, and another with Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine. Who's your favorite character in the series, and why is it Zoltan?

Other random questions...

Through a series of unfortunate events, you've fallen out of an airplane without a parachute. You're in luck though, you have some choices on where to land. Do you aim for the haystack, the net, or the snowdrift?

Destiny 2-wise, what class do you main and why?

13 hours ago, Grieve said:

Welcome to the forums NelsonJEDI! Glad to have you here!

Something I may not have mentioned during our talk is the tradition of recruit hazing via questions. I hope you're ready! :p 

Which is your favorite encounter in the Leviathan Raid? Why?

Best Star Wars movie to date?

What form of Law are you planning to study?

Ribs or Wings?

Favorite single player RPGs? (Other than the Witcher 3.)

Is you name actually Nelson?

Is everything "actually" bigger in Texas or do ya'll just say that to mess with us?

1. Easy answer for me is Argos. I love the mechanics of breaking the shell and then gathering together to DPS down the boss and it's always a little funny when some is taken by the cage of doom and starts to slowly float away.

2. Again no question "Empire Strike Back" though, and I know this is controversial, I loved "The Last JEDI" despite some flaws and think it's the best since "Empire"

3. A question I try to avoid as it seems like Oil and Gas would be the safe choice here but with any luck I'll find something more my style (whatever that is).

4. Tough one but if you are eating a legit BBQ spot ribs are the money food here. in Tejas.

5. It's a list and I'll probably leaving something out but: OG Mass Effect Trilogy (yes I don''t hate the ending), Chrono Trigger was a formative experience for me and I remember it being perfect, Knights of the Old Republic, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy 7 was another important childhood game for me, I enjoyed the hell out of watching the GiantBomb Persona 4 play though but that doesn't count I guess ( I need to boot up my PS4 and play 5) and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

6. It's actually my middle name but everyone has called me throughout the entirety of my conscience life.

7. See I never say this but driving across Texas is often the same time spent as driving across several other states. Never listen to a man wearing a stetson for affect.

12 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

Nice. My screen-name is from hitting 'Random' in WoW in 2004.

That's dedication. I think I've played TW1 two or three times, TW2 at least twice, and TW3 once through vanilla, and another with Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine. Who's your favorite character in the series, and why is it Zoltan?

Other random questions...

Through a series of unfortunate events, you've fallen out of an airplane without a parachute. You're in luck though, you have some choices on where to land. Do you aim for the haystack, the net, or the snowdrift?

Destiny 2-wise, what class do you main and why?

1. See I'm going to swerve one on you and while Zoltan is awesome Dijkstra, who also possesses the gift of gab and colorful cussing, always makes a strong impression on me and like almost everyone in that series seems like a character within about 5 seconds of encountering him (books may have helped) . Also, speaking of Blood and Wine, Regis is awesome.

No haystack. I grew up on a ranch and have jumped on haystacks and they are not nearly as soft as you'd think, not to mention the bugs.  I guess I'll go snowdrift as if I'm going to die or be grievously injured I at least get to experience snow, which is a rarity in these parts.

I main a Warlock as I've always been a fan of the mage types. Raided as a Warlock in WoW and way back in early EQ played a mage with frustrating dedication, gaing and then losing levels in a most disheartening way.