Hail and well met!

brouzouf

Hello potential new friend!

What sort of poems do you write? I mostly stick to composing awful mathematics-themed rap lyrics to make my kids cringe. They're not a big fan of 2chainz-plus-3chainz-equals-5chainz.

You said you've played a lot of MMOs but haven't stuck around in many of them - we have lots of discussions on the MMO meta and how it's evolved over the years. Why do you think they've had trouble 'clicking' with you?

You have a chance to go back in time and re-write Neil Armstrong's speech as he steps onto the moon. Do you change it?

Thanks for the very welcome and open arms all!

9 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

What sort of poems do you write? I mostly stick to composing awful mathematics-themed rap lyrics to make my kids cringe. They're not a big fan of 2chainz-plus-3chainz-equals-5chainz.

You said you've played a lot of MMOs but haven't stuck around in many of them - we have lots of discussions on the MMO meta and how it's evolved over the years. Why do you think they've had trouble 'clicking' with you?

You have a chance to go back in time and re-write Neil Armstrong's speech as he steps onto the moon. Do you change it?

I like to write really cryptic but simple poetry, a handful of rap lyrics too haha. The poems are much better than the lyrics for sure...

As for MMOs, I tried my hand at Final Fantasy XIV for a bit and it was fun. Gorgeous but unfortunately too rigid for me. I like a lot of freedom so I enjoyed Runescape, but I also love games with strong PvE and team dynamics (ironically just described FF). There was a game called Raiderz that I used to love and ESO reminds me quite a bit of it. Maybe it's the tab-targeting? I think now though, we're living in an MMO renaissance, we've got games like Crowfall and Black Desert with active combat, or like Life is Feudal and Gloria Victis with hardcore crafting and economy. Strangely enough, none of them have been able to really really tide me over.

Would I change Neil Armstrong's speech? "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." I don't think so, it's pretty iconic. If he were a little bit more petty I think "America: 1, Communists: 0" would be pretty fitting.