Hail and well met!

brouzouf

Hello everyone! I saw the guild posting on Reddit the other day and thought I'd finally join.

A few things about me: I'm a cook by trade (currently in catering) and a writer/poet by hobby, I'm living in the Pacific Southwest (of Canada) and I have a turtle named Franklin.

I'm very familiar with MMOs but I haven't really played one with much dedication since Old school Runescape, but that's changed with ESO. Currently I'm playing a grindy Breton/Warden tank and I love crushing PvE, but also love PvP, so hopefully I can find some people to play with for both. Work is looking pretty slow so I've been able to put quite a bit of time into ESO and other games like Forza, Monster Hunter, and Heroes of the Storm. (And if anyone else is playing any of those I'd be happy for them to join me.)

Pleasure to meet all of you!

IGN : brouzouf.major

Nice to meet you Brouzouf! Is brouzouf.major your account name or character name? I've always sent invites to account names, but I'm not 100% sure it matters. Either way, one of us will send you an invite sometime today! We have our Mumble and Discord information in our in-game MOTD, so you'll want to check those things out when you accept the invite. We Discord to pre-schedule groups and chat across all of the games we play. We have a PvP group that starts at 900pm EST tonight and a group PvE night that starts at 800pm EST tomorrow. These events usually run for a few hours, so it's totally fine to join in whenever you're available.

2 hours ago, brouzouf said:

I have a turtle named Franklin

Cooooool can we see a picture??

2 hours ago, brouzouf said:

Heroes of the Storm

Yes! There's actually an SoH HotS night coming up next Friday at 900pmEST. That'll be a good way to hook up with the SoH people who play it.

• Thanks 1

Awesome! Brouzouf.major is the account name so hopefully that should clear it up. I'll definitely get around to checking out the community comms when I get the chance.

I'll also have to find some pictures of the guy, he's a Mississippi Map Turtle and he's grown pretty quick over the years.

Ooooo, turtle pics! I can't wait. You don't have Mitch McConnell in a tank do you? haha, I kid. 

What is your favorite thing to prepare for yourself in the kitchen? What is Franklin's favorite snack?

I play ESO almost daily, so I'll definitely see you in game -- I look forward to meeting you!

edit: I altered your forum rank to Recruit so you could poke around a bit. We're not using boards for ESO, but there's a lot of other bits and bobs to check out.

Oh wow I remember old school runescape...where you'd click and afk woodcutting right outside Falador walls :)

I'm mildly surprised that you named your turtle Franklin since there is a childhood storybook with a turtle that has that same name. I remember because I remember watching Who wants to be a Millionaire back when it aired a lot and the question was asking for the turtle's name. He got it wrong :p 

I hope to see you in PVP when you get there. I am also working on my PVP character which I am diligently training with what little time I have over the weekdays! 

Also very serious question:

If the plural of moose is meese, would the singular form of sheep be shoop??

Welcome! As per the bylaws I only just now made up, here are your questions three:

1. Which taco is your favorite?
2. Oh no! You have been bitten by a radioactive critter and now have super powers. What bit you, what powers did it give you, and will you use them for good or evil?
3. Vroom Vroom! You're a talking car. What make/model are you, and what accent do you have? 

Edited by Practical

Ooh tough but some pretty great questions in here:

Okay, favourite thing to prepare for myself would be a peanut butter oxtail stew with green beans and rice, for Franklin (who is named after the character actually!) he likes freeze dried shrimp.

1 hour ago, Vaaza said:

If the plural of moose is meese, would the singular form of sheep be shoop??

This is true because you choose a choose from a selection of cheese.

51 minutes ago, Practical said:

1. Which taco is your favorite?
2. Oh no! You have been bitten by a radioactive critter and now have super powers. What bit you, what powers did it give you, and will you use them for good or evil?
3. Vroom Vroom! You're a talking car. What make/model are you, and what accent do you have? 

Favourite taco would be any carnitas (which is basically Mexican pulled pork) style taco.

Definitely a horse, it'd be a painful bite but I'd have the ability to run at 1 Horsepower. I'd probably just run a bunch of marathons with this new power, so probably evil.

I'm a 1982 Renault Fuego Cabriolet with a Transatlantic Accent like FDR.

3 minutes ago, brouzouf said:

I'd probably just run a bunch of marathons with this new power, so probably evil.

I'd call that more like Switzerland: Small and neutral. Do you run marathons without superpowers?

7 minutes ago, brouzouf said:

Favourite taco would be any carnitas (which is basically Mexican pulled pork) style taco.

Not a bad answer. But time for the bonus round: corn or flour? Hard or soft? 

1 hour ago, Practical said:

I'd call that more like Switzerland: Small and neutral. Do you run marathons without superpowers?

Not a bad answer. But time for the bonus round: corn or flour? Hard or soft?

I used to run track when I was younger, I should probably start training for some future marathon though...

Hard corn taco shells for life, I'll eat the others but I'm a fanboy.