Greetings from the west!

thrakkar

Hello everyone! I saw the recruitment post on Reddit and it piqued my interest, so here I am.

My name is Thrakkar, I live in western Montana with my wife and two dogs. I've been playing MMO's since vanilla WOW and DAOC, both of which I miss dearly but will never be replicated. I tried ESO when it released and felt it was really awful. Some reviews on Youtube led me to believe it might be worth a shot again however, so here I am. So far I'm impressed but I haven't found a good group to play with yet, and solo-MMO kind of seems counter intuitive. I'm strangely fond of group cooperative play and teamwork being an anti-social introvert who generally dislikes social activity.

The post on reddit and some of the things I've read here on the forums about the guild lead me to believe you have a good thing going here, and I'd like to be part of that.

Look forward to seeing you all in-game.

Bonus photo of sleeping doggos:

r5crgyat.jpg

Thrakker -- I'm happy you found us (extra props for pup pics)!!

SoH has been a solid, no-troll gaming community for nearly 14 yrs now. We attract (and keep) the best people. Folks can always learn how to be a better player, but being a good person is far more difficult to teach, hehe. We're not a good fit for everyone; but we're a perfect fit for many! I hope you'll stay long enough to get to know us. And yeah, we play lots of games, too, so if ESO doesn't wag your tail, there may be a group playing something else you like ^^

Anywho -- tell me your eso acct name so I can toss you an invite. And remember to check back here on boards b/c some of our members might stop in to say "hi" and ask the odd question or 2 (and some are very odd, indeed! lol) Share whatever you're willing to share w/ internet strangers and feel free to ask us anything. We do our level best to be transparent and promote good sportsmanship-like behavior. 

In the meantime, I'll alter your forum rank so you can poke around a bit. Not all of the games we play use forum space (ESO doesn't), but once I invite you to our Cohort (in-game guild) you can pick up the Discord and Mumble info from the MOTD and access our community to inquire about anything.

I look forward to playing with you! (I'm usually on daily) -- Simone is our Cohort Leader; he should be by shortly to welcome you.

Hi Thrakkar, welcome to SoH! I looooove your dogs! Is that a pit mixed with a german short hair? Looks like two great hounds for sure :thumbup::thumbup:

I'm pretty sure that SoH started it's life as a DAOC guild - that was way before my time here though. ESO has definitely improved since I first played it in 2016. The One Tamriel update really opened the game and made it much easier to jump into. We're doing a lot of normal dungeons right now, so there are plenty of chances to jump into some groups. We're also having pur first group PvP event tonight. Should be fun!

What classes are you playing in ESO? Completely unrelated, what's are the best and worst things about living in Montana?

Look forward to meeting you in game soon!

As promised by Fera, I am here to provide you with at least one odd question. Don't worry! While there is in fact at least one wrong answer, there are infinitely many correct ones. Oh and, they will all totally not entirely affect my impression of you. Okay! Are you confused? I am... lets just get to the questions!

You may choose one, or do both for bonus points!

1. Why do you love tacos and which particular one is your favorite? You may take your time, I know its difficult to pick only one.

2. Zap! You've been turned into an animal by a witch! What animal are you, and what curious task must you complete to turn back into yourself?

Edited by Practical

1 hour ago, Simone said:

Hi Thrakkar, welcome to SoH! I looooove your dogs! Is that a pit mixed with a german short hair? Looks like two great hounds for sure :thumbup::thumbup:

I'm pretty sure that SoH started it's life as a DAOC guild - that was way before my time here though. ESO has definitely improved since I first played it in 2016. The One Tamriel update really opened the game and made it much easier to jump into. We're doing a lot of normal dungeons right now, so there are plenty of chances to jump into some groups. We're also having pur first group PvP event tonight. Should be fun!

What classes are you playing in ESO? Completely unrelated, what's are the best and worst things about living in Montana?

Look forward to meeting you in game soon!

The pit looking girl is a question-mark terrier, in other words what breed would you like her to be? Other one is a Chesapeake Bay retriever.

I'm currently trying to be an archer-shooty-arrows type but as I'm level 5 I can't say I've really committed to anything.

Best thing about Montana is the mountains, worst thing is the internet access. I'm fortunate to have 10mb/1mb DSL where I live. The sign right outside town says population "about 50" and dogs "around 100".

1 hour ago, Practical said:

As promised by Fera, I am here to provide you with at least one odd question. Don't worry! There is in fact a wrong answer and it will impact my and other's impression of you. So no sweat, right?

Okay. Enough build up. You have a choice of two questions, you may do one or for bonus points: both.

1. Why do you love tacos and which particular one is your favorite? You may take your time, I know its difficult to pick only one.

2. Zap! You've been turned into an animal by a witch! What animal are you, and what curious task must you complete to turn back into yourself?

1. Because tacos are the modern ambrosia, and my favorite kind (much like beer) is free. Hard to find but delicious.

2. POW! I'm a chicken hawk! In order to return to myself I must deliver a shrubbery to ... someone?

Hello potential new friend!

Far Cry 5 just came out and is set in Montana - Have you played it? Are there really have constant, random, and violent encounters between bears/bulls/cultists/panthers/preppers/wolves?

Vanilla WoW was the last time I really played the game as well - do you remember trying to loot and getting stuck in the kneel? I scooted all over the place in that kneel...

How do you make your living?

5 hours ago, Rohj said:

Hi there,

DAoC!  What Realm? What Race?  What Class - these are the things we need to know!   Soooo much fun and fond memories there!  

Welcome to the show!

I preferred Midgard, and usually played a Kobold hunter because STEALTH AND PEW PEW that's why! Also messed around on Hib some but not much. Really miss the RVR and BG's too at low level. 

5 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

Hello potential new friend!

Far Cry 5 just came out and is set in Montana - Have you played it? Are there really have constant, random, and violent encounters between bears/bulls/cultists/panthers/preppers/wolves?

Vanilla WoW was the last time I really played the game as well - do you remember trying to loot and getting stuck in the kneel? I scooted all over the place in that kneel...

How do you make your living?

I have played the game, and it's good for a laugh. If you've played it and noticed the giant cow ... sculpture ... that's near one of the gas stations, there's one just down the road from us. No violent encounters around here though we've come across random bears and other creatures on our property. There are allegedly mountain lions nearby but I've only seen tracks. Preppers I'm sure are everywhere but I don't know any. Cultists would be a stretch but there are some religious sects such as the traditional mormons and hudderites. 

I think I scooted for an entire day once, despite logging out to try to fix the problem. Pretty sure it was in the zone with the Ogre dungeon. Feralis maybe?

As far as a living goes I'm retired (from the Army) and "work" as a photographer and duck hunting guide these days. They're really more like hobbies that almost pay for themselves.

2 hours ago, MorpheusZero said:

Hey Thakkar and welcome!

What's your favorite movie--that is older than 5 years? :)

If I have to pick just one - Tombstone.