Greetings, Guardians

Velius

Hello everyone, this is Velius here. I didn't read any other introductory posts prior to making my own, so, I hope that this will suffice.

I'm here for Destiny 2, primarily, though, I play quite a lot of other games. I also regularly play Hearthstone (mostly Druid and Paladin), Overwatch (mostly D.Va), and League of Legends (mostly mid lane). I'm not a very high rank in any of them, unfortunately. I started playing Destiny during the beta for D1 on Xbox One and I recently decided to starting playing D2 on PC. I'm probably more obsessed about the Destiny lore more than I am any other aspect of the game.

Tidbit information about myself: I'm very into anime, science fiction, the same pop-culture you likely are, and as far as music goes, I listen to a lot of different genres, including dnb, pop-punk, and death metal. Lastly, I'm 30 and have a family, who will always take precedent over my video game time.

Thanks for reading!

Hello Velius, and welcome!

You're in luck! We're a RL first guild so families don't suffer ^^  and, luckily enough, we play all of those games (some more than others) as well as many others --- and no one minds if you're not a min-maxer purr-fectionist. Our general vibe is that we want good people in SoH rather than good gamers. You can always learn to be a better gamer (if you wish) but teaching you how to be a good person, well that's a tall order xD

Anywho, You may get a few folks stopping by to ask questions, some serious, some very odd -- divulge only that which you're comfortable sharing with internet strangers, lol. We do this as a way to vet temperament and stuff like that. But don't feel like it must be entirely one-sided! Feel free to ask any of us anything! We want you to want to be here and the best way we can do that is to show you who we are.

Question! Do you have any pets? Would you be willing to post pics? Why are cats the best possible pet to have? haha, I kid (says the crazy cat lady)

Good luck and good gaming!

Hello potential new friend!

That is a solid intro post! I play with the Destiny 2 and ESO crew. We also as a community will play a random game every now and again, like two weeks ago it was Overwatch and this Friday we're playing HotS. If you're free, you should come out and join us for that too.

So as per tradition, here are your questions three:

1. Do you love tacos? I know, it is crazy question: of course you do! So instead, which is your favorite variety?
2. Congratulations on your promotion, Captain Velius! You're given command of your very own deep space capable space craft. What is your mission? What is the name of your ship? And who do you bring with you on the away missions?
3. Oh no! Your crew mutinied! Why and where did they leave you?

16 minutes ago, Fera said:

Hello Velius, and welcome!

You're in luck! We're a RL first guild so families don't suffer ^^  and, luckily enough, we play all of those games (some more than others) as well as many others --- and no one minds if you're not a min-maxer purr-fectionist. Our general vibe is that we want good people in SoH rather than good gamers. You can always learn to be a better gamer (if you wish) but teaching you how to be a good person, well that's a tall order xD

Anywho, You may get a few folks stopping by to ask questions, some serious, some very odd -- divulge only that which you're comfortable sharing with internet strangers, lol. We do this as a way to vet temperament and stuff like that. But don't feel like it must be entirely one-sided! Feel free to ask any of us anything! We want you to want to be here and the best way we can do that is to show you who we are.

Question! Do you have any pets? Would you be willing to post pics? Why are cats the best possible pet to have? haha, I kid (says the crazy cat lady)

Good luck and good gaming!

That's good to hear! And, yes, I have 1 pet, a tiny dog whose name is Sushi and I'll reply to this post tomorrow with a cute picture of her. Cats are pretty cool because they don't need us humans!

11 minutes ago, Practical said:

Hello potential new friend!

That is a solid intro post! I play with the Destiny 2 and ESO crew. We also as a community will play a random game every now and again, like two weeks ago it was Overwatch and this Friday we're playing HotS. If you're free, you should come out and join us for that too.

So as per tradition, here are your questions three:

1. Do you love tacos? I know, it is crazy question: of course you do! So instead, which is your favorite variety?
2. Congratulations on your promotion, Captain Velius! You're given command of your very own deep space capable space craft. What is your mission? What is the name of your ship? And who do you bring with you on the away missions?
3. Oh no! Your crew mutinied! Why and where did they leave you?

I've actually never tried HotS! It seemed like an easier version of LoL to me, so, I never gave it a chance!

1) Chicken tacos, soft-shelled tortilla, queso and salsa on it.

2) Mission would be to explore and chart phenomena, the ship is the Setting Sun, and I would bring my family!

3) They mutinied, due to my sarcastic/dry sense of humor and they left my right on the bridge to do all of the work while they relax haha.

47 minutes ago, Fera said:

but teaching you how to be a good person, well that's a tall order xD

Though it has happened! I think I'm definitely a better person due to the influence of various SoHers.

1 hour ago, Velius said:

and death metal.

Bands? I'm very much a Bloodbath sort of girl, myself.

My questions:

1) When was the last time you did something for the first time? What was it?

2) How would you describe yellow?

3) Using only what you have on you right now, how many zombies could you take down before they kill you?

Welcome to the forums!

I see Fera has stopped by and imparted some knowledge. (Thank you @Fera!) I'll also be sending you a forum message with a some more information as well.

And yes, you should totally join us for HotS this Friday!

Anyways, let's pull at some strings and ask questions!

• Favorite Class in Destiny?
  • Favorite NPC in Destiny? Why?
  • Which anime are you currently looking forward to watching this season?
  • Which are you more excited for Westworld or The Expanse?
  • What do you do for a living?
  • Which would you prefer to live with all year unbearably hot & humid weather or really cold & snowy weather?

1 hour ago, Estarriol said:

Though it has happened! I think I'm definitely a better person due to the influence of various SoHers.

Bands? I'm very much a Bloodbath sort of girl, myself.

My questions:

1) When was the last time you did something for the first time? What was it?

2) How would you describe yellow?

3) Using only what you have on you right now, how many zombies could you take down before they kill you?

My most recent jams have included Nile, Firespawn, and Cattle Decapitation!

1) December, competed in a Pokemon TCG regional tourney.

2) Anxious.

3) Probably 0!

1 hour ago, Grieve said:

Welcome to the forums!

I see Fera has stopped by and imparted some knowledge. (Thank you @Fera!) I'll also be sending you a forum message with a some more information as well.

And yes, you should totally join us for HotS this Friday!

Anyways, let's pull at some strings and ask questions!

• Favorite Class in Destiny?
  • Favorite NPC in Destiny? Why?
  • Which anime are you currently looking forward to watching this season?
  • Which are you more excited for Westworld or The Expanse?
  • What do you do for a living?
  • Which would you prefer to live with all year unbearably hot & humid weather or really cold & snowy weather?

I will consider it!

1) Hunter (Gunslinger).

2) Rasputin because of how much I want to know about it.

3) My Hero Academia with Food Wars being a close second!

4) Westworld.

5) Engineer.

6) Really cold & snowy weather for me!