TipTappers Introduction

TipTappers

Hi!  My name is Gavin.  I'm 23 years into existence.  My best friend is Justin (901Krool).  I've been playing MMO's since about 2007 and video games in general since 1998.  My very first game was X-Men on Sega Genesis. My favorite game currently has to be Guilty Gear Xrd. I enjoy playing the drums with the band, and I love the shoegaze genre the most.  I just graduated from a CIT (computer information technology) course and am hopeful to find work soon as a Desktop Technician.  I'm a pretty quiet guy, giggly at times, but I love to listen and lurk in conversation. I like a bit of anime, but I usually just watch the popular ones.  I'm happy to answer any questions you may have for me!

Thanks for reading, 
TipTappers

Welcome to the forums and glad to have you!

Others should be stopping by to say "Hi!" as well. Anyways, I'll get you started off with a couple questions.

What MMOs have you played? Got a favorite? (not including Destiny 😛 )

Favorite Class in the Destiny?

I assume you've built your own PC. What's your current build look like?

What anime are you watching currently?

Welcome to the forums!

As you may know, the questions are a traditional way of getting to know you.  Usually they are silly fun, but mine are more serious.

Stein's Gate or Sword Art Online?

Do you watch the complete intro of each anime episode, and why do they have to be like 6 minutes long?

Dogs or demon beasts who would kill you in your sleep if they were just a little bigger?

How does being born in the 90's compare with being born in the 80's (or 70's)?

I look forward to getting to know you!

Hello potential new Destiny friend!

15 hours ago, TipTappers said:

I enjoy playing the drums with the band, and I love the shoegaze genre the most.

TIL what shoegaze is. How did you originally get into it?

If you could design one set of absurdly oversized Titan shoulderpads, what would their defining feature be?

What's the origin of your gamer handle? Something to do with the drums?

On 5/15/2018 at 9:40 AM, Fera said:

but in the meantime tell me why cats are the very best pets to have?

Cats are the best because humans were put on this earth to worship them lol.

On 5/15/2018 at 9:47 AM, Grieve said:

What MMOs have you played? Got a favorite?

I started with Runescape, and I later discovered the joy of having a plethora of free mmos to try.  Aeria Games titles like Last Chaos, 12 sky; Nexon titles like Maplestory, Mabinogi, Vindictus.  Guild Wars Nightfall, Wildstar, Diablo 3 before expansion.

A lot of these games tend not to stick, but 12 sky was definitely my favorite because of it's pvp and focus around one-shotting opponents.  It also might be my favorite just from the strong memories I have playing with high school friends on weekends.

Favorite Class in the Destiny?

I LOVE casters/magic users in just about any RPG.  Warlock was my pick in Destiny 1, and its even more polished in D2.  I miss the sunsinger sticky grenades tho.

I assume you've built your own PC. What's your current build look like?

i5-4670K CPU, 8GB RAM, GTX 690.

What anime are you watching currently?

Currently I visit Krool and watch Megalo Box when there's a new episode.  In my free time, I've been putting on Cowboy Bebop just to revisit.

On 5/15/2018 at 10:03 AM, Owl said:

Stein's Gate or Sword Art Online?

I've only watched Sword Art Online of these two, and I feel bad about it :(   When I first watched SAO it was pretty enjoyable, but when I watched it a second time, I couldn't help but cringe at all the  ~ f a n s e r v i c e ~

Do you watch the complete intro of each anime episode, and why do they have to be like 6 minutes long?

I watch intros the first time, but usually skip them afterward unless it's a great song.  Xam'd has the best intro song ever!

Dogs or demon beasts who would kill you in your sleep if they were just a little bigger?

Dogs at their regular size are enough to fell me lol.

How does being born in the 90's compare with being born in the 80's (or 70's)?

Being a 90s kid means I get to share memes about how being a 90s kid is better than anything else  xD
But to seriously answer, I think my life has been severely impacted by the internet at such a young age that I take it for granted.  It's hard to imagine a past that didn't have gaming, and it's wild to me that I'm kinda growing with the technology.

21 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

TIL what shoegaze is. How did you originally get into it?

I've been playing/watching performances with the locals for a few years, and one of the guys invited me to a Whirr concert.  That band opened me up to another band called Nothing, and following those bands on social media platforms turned me on to some of their influences like My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive.  It's a genre that combines prettier chord progression with washed out guitar effects and Loud LOUD LOUD layered instrumentation.  I love it, but it'll definitely cause some hearing loss if I keep it up lol.

If you could design one set of absurdly oversized Titan shoulderpads, what would their defining feature be?

You know how blastoise kinda opens up his shell and has water cannons protrude from his shoulders?  Yeah.. thats how titans should fire their guns.

What's the origin of your gamer handle? Something to do with the drums?

That's a good guess, but it's actually from a HomestarRunner cartoon.  Bubs turns his concession stand into a motel, and homestarrunner checks in under the name "Mr. TipTappers"

19 hours ago, 901Krool said:

LEAST FAVORITE OKI BETWEEN POTEMKIN BUSTER THREAT/SLAYER 6K

ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME CRY?!

IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN JOINING THE INCELS OR FORTNITE SQUAD WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE

Fork Knife is my favorite gaem and I would rather play with kids anyway

LEAGUE OF LEGENDS OR SMASH 4

Put samus in League and I'll consider playing it.

XBONE OR PS4

POS4 my dude.  Bloodborne and MH World

TACOBELL OR COOKOUT

Tacobell was my favorite, but cookout is just TOO good.

I appreciate all the questions everyone!  I had a lot of fun answering, and I'll have to lurk around the forums and come up with my own interrogation process HUEHUEHUE

Also I apologize if quoting each individual question is a bad format to look at.  Let me know if that's a problem and I'll keep it more concise next time ;) 

I'M SO EXCITED TO PLAY GAMES WITH ALL OF YOUUUU!!!

5 minutes ago, TipTappers said:

It's hard to imagine a past that didn't have gaming, and it's wild to me that I'm kinda growing with the technology.

My wife and I are in our 30s and have teenagers born in the early 00's, and we talk about this all the time. When I was growing up, technology kind of sucked, but it was also a lot simpler. When it broke you could sometimes putz with it, figure out what's wrong, and fix it. Fast forward 20 years, my kids have had these magical boxes their whole life, and they always just worked. Whenever they don't work, they have no idea how to respond. So I usually end up fixing it...

24 minutes ago, TipTappers said:

I've only watched Sword Art Online of these two, and I feel bad about it :(   When I first watched SAO it was pretty enjoyable, but when I watched it a second time, I couldn't help but cringe at all the  ~ f a n s e r v i c e ~

http://www.crunchyroll.com/steinsgate

you're welcome.