Intro to madestro

madestro

Hello Great Fellas

Nice to meet all of you. A little bit about myself first

My name is Jason, I live in Costa Rica (hope that is not a problem) and speak English/Spanish and a bit of Portuguese.

I have been working in networking for over 5 years now, although I am a chemical engineer by profession. I like computers and networks a lot more so I started that route and never looked back, studied Cisco and Juniper and continue with those studies (certifications need to be renewed every 3 years anyways)

I am 38 years old and do not have children, not married either but do have a gf

I love videogames and have played them all the way back to Atari and Asteroids. Mostly play on PC but do have a Switch, probably gonna get a PS4 at some point.

My favorite games are RPGs, especially the long traditional ones like Witcher, Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

I was not really into MMOs, tried WoW when it came out and could not finish the month. Tried Guild Wars, liked it but got lost so easily in the maps I stopped playing, same with Guild Wars 2. Also tried City of Heroes, liked the combat but hated the "quests" and lack of overall content for solo players.

Enter ESO, as a massive Elder Scrolls fan (I even played Daggerfall) I had to get this one. I also collect games so the CE was a must for me, after seeing the quality of that CE I have bought all the other CEs ZOS has released (I have many more CEs but not for Elder Scrolls games) and this was the first time I wanted to get serious in an MMO

I was a pretty competitive gamer back in my youth, but mostly for games like Starcraft and Dota (and the current ones Dota 2 and SC2, I still love to watch tournaments) and for single player ones the definitive masochism of Dark Souls always tickled my fancy. But now that I am older and no longer have that much time, I tend to play games that do not require "training" lol.

Still, some of that competitive nature stayed and I always loved being a support in Dota so I figured I would do the same here. Amazing that here healers can actually do dmg so I started a templar/healer and enjoy dungeons a lot with that. Got to CP and the guild I was in kinda dissipated and suddenly I had to go solo again, was a bit boring so started another toon to check but left the game because of life. Then came Morrowind and tried the Warden class, did not like it but at least I finished the Vvardenfell content.

Now with Summerset I plan on playing a lot more, currently lvling up my stamina DPS nightblade (at lvl28 now) but would still love to use my CP toon (I think he is like CP100) for dungeons and trials and PvP and whatever a group is involved. Or maybe morph my stamina DPS to a magicka healer/DPS nighblade, don't know yet.

Anyways, sorry for the long post. Looking forwards to joining the guild and add to it, be it crafting whatever you guys need or healing in PvP/Dungeons/Trials.

Thanks for reading (you can reach me ingame with the same name)

Hi Jason - nice to meet you! No, living in Costa is no problem at all! We're actually getting quite an international group in ESO now, with three Canadians, an Australia, and now a Costa Rican. Very cool! Very nice intro post too  :) I used to play a lot of SC2 but got out of it when I got old and my wrists gave out haha. Still watch the tournaments though!

We'll send you an in-game invite today. We use Discord for out of game text chat and Mumble for voice chat when we do dungeons and stuff. The info for both is in our in-game MOTD. We'll also update your forum permissions here so you can access the rest of the website soon (an admin has to do it!). Look forward to gaming with you soon!

Hi Jason! Glad you found us :) .... but just so you know, we're not ALL "great fellas"!! I, myself, am a great feline! rawr! I'm also a female feline ^^

I often play during the day so if you're around, say "hi" to me. Would love to chat w/ you on mumble about your beautiful country, one I would love to see ❤️ 

On 5/31/2018 at 5:03 PM, Rohj said:

Hello and Welcome!  

Hop in guild, say hello and don't be shy about asking to hang out doing whatever.

Hello, so how do I reach out to the guild in game? I haven't received an invite. Who do I contact in game?

15 hours ago, madestro said:

Hello, so how do I reach out to the guild in game? I haven't received an invite. Who do I contact in game?

Hmmm I'm not sure what's up with the invite. i sent one to the character name 'madestro' earlier this week. The guild history says it went to a person with the account name @carlron. Is madestro your account name or character name?

7 hours ago, Simone said:

Hmmm I'm not sure what's up with the invite. i sent one to the character name 'madestro' earlier this week. The guild history says it went to a person with the account name @carlron. Is madestro your account name or character name?

Weird. @madestro is my account name in ESO. Character name is varied, right now you can find me in Summerset under char Shokoti

Just now, madestro said:

Weird. @madestro is my account name in ESO. Character name is varied, right now you can find me in Summerset under char Shokoti

Ok that's my bad then - I sent it to the character madestro instead of the account @madestro - I'm asking someone to send you an invite now!