Intro, A Tamriel Wanderer

Qi'o

Hello there!

I'm Adam (ingame ID @Qi'o  ). I live in Russia, Moscow, I'm an English educator, a musician, a poet, a writer and ... well, i have many skills... 

Yup, I know, the first thought that crossed your mind, like ' What? Why d'you play on the NA server?" 

Well, starting the ESO at the end of Nov, 2017, I got to sit and think: " Alright! Elder Scrolls Online... I have been playing the Skyrim ever since it was released, played again and again, mage, archer, rogue classes.... Love IT! the best game ever... okay, who made this game? who made ESO? I mean... which country originally is in charge for programming and servers' maintenance..? the US, right? so... That would reasonable to play on the native NA server, rather than EU ;p "

As a solo player, I feel pretty alright exploring Tamriel alone.  Thanks the Stars, ESO allows to do so, unlike other MMORPG i used to play. I miss, though, this 'family-like' community I once had when i played Lineage II, ages ago... I was in a guild of 10-20 people , we all knew each other pretty well, used names (not in-game nicknames), were in the know of our backgrounds, shared good and bad things that happened IRL.... well, it was a place to be and come back! I miss that.

So, the guild of yours seems pretty much close to what I lack in the eso guild-system. I am a helping guy... being not much experienced in eso, i've tried to help out with all i can to those you needed me...

Games i played: Diablo II, III, World of Warcraft, lots of RPG PC-games the names of which i do not remember,  and.... the SKYRIM (the favorite!!!)

I prefer one-char-style of gaming.. Don't really like making up tons of alts... So I have the one and only char - Higuchi, a magsorc, CP ~450 (@Qi'o)

I would sincerely love to join your guild!

Thank you ;p

Screenshot_20180605_132.jpg

Hi Adam - nice to meet you! We'd be happy to send you an invite, I'll try to send one over before I leave for work this morning. I normally write novel length responses (at least it feels that way haha) to intro posts, but I'm short on time before I have to leave this morning. So I'll just say I look forward to gaming with you soon, and I'll try to circle back here later today to write more!

• Like 1

Hi Adam -- I'm glad you found us; often folks who do soon realize SoH fits much of their gaming needs/desires, which along with our general ethos, explains our 14 yr tenure as a gaming community. But enough with the hard sell, lol, and on to the fun bit! The get-to-know-you questions...

I think you're roughly 8 hrs ahead of us in time. Will that negatively impact our ability to group with you? We have a new player from Australia who is 13 hrs ahead and I seem to catch him daily, which is great! (he plays at night and I'm often on in the morning so I'm having coffee while he's having a beer! lol)

From your vantage point, what's it like in the future? Is the weather nice? xD

Your English is superb... how did that come about? (some countries require English to be taught in school, not sure about yours!)

What exactly is an "English educator" in Russia? It sounds spiffy!

My husband is 6'4 but the little 5'2 lady now has to go trim the hedges, lol. Why? you ask.... pfft, I wish I knew.

Once you accept your invite, please check out the MOTD (guild tab, house icon upper right side) -- it will provide you with details on joining Discord (which we use for guild-wide type/chat) and the all-important Mumble (which we use for voice chat). Mumble is finicky, but once it's setup, it's entirely trouble free (go to www.sourceforge.com for the download). I'll register you as a user as soon as I see you in the lobby, then you can move about freely.

I hope to see you in game soon!!

Hey, Fera!

Thanks for appreciating my English ! )

Well, an Educator.... I chose this term, per se, cause I have to ...not only teach students English but also work out their psychological barriers, melt some ice and guide them,showing them  a  better way to improve their skills of communication... cut it short, there's way more than just teaching... so I call it 'An English Educator ' ;p

I learned English just like all the rest of us, at school. Yeah, it's the most common secondary foreign language in most of Russian schools. Unfortunately, Russians speak poor English... no matter how hard i try ;p haha.... It's all about motivation and laziness. . . mentality, i assume! i was highly self-motivated and mastered it

you have the hedges to trim... that's already something ;p

it's summer here, in Moscow... so it's pretty warm... mostly... 20-30C"... when the weather is dull, like today... it's 12-17 C' =)

as for time zones... I play different times... mornings...daytime... evenings... so, i reckon, we'll get a chance to go along )

Voice chats.... I am... not really a fan of voicechats... but if it's necessary... i'll install that Mumble )))

I've changed your forum rank to Recruit so you can poke around some and check us out. We take our forums seriously in that we actually use them, not as much nowadays due to Discord, but Discord doesn't allow for easily accessible or searchable posts for relevant information. Anyway, poke around and vet us while we're vetting you, lol. We're not just a single-title game guild, although if you only stay during your ESO experience, that's fine ---- but we'd prefer it if you made us your home away from home, so to speak ^^ We play lots of games and you're welcome to join any/all of them, as you please.

Hello potential new friend!

I played EVE Online with a bunch of Russians - some of the best allies, though I was glad I didn't speak Russian when the FCs started swearing at the fleet...

Random question time!

I don't think I've ever seen a restaurant featuring Russian cuisine... what would be their best dish?

English teacher is a huge career in South Korea as well, but they tend to recruit from outside Korea for it. Are there many non-Russian English teachers?

What's the origin of "Qi'o"?

On 6/6/2018 at 2:35 AM, Tyrlis said:

Hello potential new friend!

I played EVE Online with a bunch of Russians - some of the best allies, though I was glad I didn't speak Russian when the FCs started swearing at the fleet...

Random question time!

I don't think I've ever seen a restaurant featuring Russian cuisine... what would be their best dish?

English teacher is a huge career in South Korea as well, but they tend to recruit from outside Korea for it. Are there many non-Russian English teachers?

What's the origin of "Qi'o"?

18 hours ago, Grieve said:

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here!

Also, Adam is a great name. I should know. :D

Hello, Tyrlis, Grieve, Rohj =)

You haven't seen that (RUssian cuisine), Tyrlis, 'cause there's no such thing!  =) I have no idea what Russian  cuisine is... all dishes are taken from other cultures.. it 's a mix now. some say it's pancakes with fillings (which is not) , or... Borsch (the cabbage soup) again it's not... it's Ukranian... And... as I am a vegeterarian and.. have never actually cared for those labels , I truly do not know ) must be definitely something with meat... I suppose ;p

why you mentioned South Korea? don't get it ... I'm not going anywhere. i like it here =) yeah, there are not so many non-Russian English teachers... if there is one, that probably be a native speaker, 1 of 10 on a team... It's rather a low-paid job here... even for natives. 'Cause, as i said above, Russians wanna learn languages but don't wanna do a thing about it....total recklessness ;p

Qi'o comes from a mixture of one of online names, such as Quanan,.... AND my igniting desire to make up a short name with some oriented, universal roots... so, I took the Q, added the I, then, an apostrophe (for dramatism emphasis) and ended all that with the O... there you go - Qi'o )) I am a linguist and a musician. I love creating things ) language.... music... all the same  ;)

Edited by Qi'o