Intro, ESO player

Syy101

Hi everyone. I am Syy (@Syy101), a new recruit of the guild in Elder Scrolls Online.

I am from China and I work in Oracle as a programmer.

My hobbies? The Elder Scrolls franchise of course! Besides ESO I also play Oblivion and Skyrim and I am more than happy to talk about them with anyone! I am quite new to ESO and it's my pleasure to join such a friendly and kind guild. Really helps a lot :)

Other than TES I am also a big fan of Fallout and GTA (I have a lvl 300 account in GTAOL but I am currently afk)

I also go to the gym regularly but I just started it a year ago.

It's great to meet all of you :)

Syy! \o/  

Welcome to SoH forums! I'm sure a few of our other members will be along to harass, um welcome you soon, lol, so remember to check back. They will likely ask you some questions, some silly, some serious -- just answer as best you can!

Actually, I do have one: do you currently have any pets? If so, would you be willing to post a pic? If you don't, which kind of pet would you like to have? (hint: say "cat" lol)

I've changed your forum rank to Recruit, which will give you greater access to our forums. Poke around and make yourself at home :)

p.s. I started a part-time job this week so I won't be on every day like you've seen. I do, however, look forward to chatting with you on the days I am in game! We can grab a dungeon then too if you wish :D

Cya in game!

Hi, Fera!

I don't have any pet. Actually I never thought of having one. Maybe I would like a cat in the future because my girl friend loves cat :D

Good luck with your part time job! I will go to work next month and say good bye to my student career :(

Very nice to meet you Syy - look forward to gaming with you! I'm also a big fan of the Elder Scrolls games - every time I walk through one of the Cyrodiil towns, I get a strong urge to fire up Oblivion! I think there's an SoH group that plays GTA and they were looking for more people a few days ago - never played it myself so I'm not sure how that works!

Hello Syy welcome!

I too am a software engineer! We are currently using Oracle DBs for our project at the moment. Though I don't really like it haha!

Oblivion was the first real "modern" open world game I ever played. And it always will be one of my greatest games of all time. I guess it can be argued that Zelda: Ocarina of Time was my first open world RPG....but we'll save that for another day lol.

Are you listening to the Bethesda E3 Conference tonight to hear them talk about Fallout 76? I'm excited to ehar about what they have in store and any possible teasers for Elder Scrolls 6 or content for ESO.

3 hours ago, Simone said:

Very nice to meet you Syy - look forward to gaming with you! I'm also a big fan of the Elder Scrolls games - every time I walk through one of the Cyrodiil towns, I get a strong urge to fire up Oblivion! I think there's an SoH group that plays GTA and they were looking for more people a few days ago - never played it myself so I'm not sure how that works!

Nice to meet you too Simone. I haven't been to Cyrodiil in ESO but some of the Mages Guild quests do bring back memory of Shivering Isles and Skyrim.

I am afk for GTAOL because I think Rockstar manage the game just like GTA style: they encourage players to kill each other, destroy other's property, etc. In GTAOL you would be lucky that a player you meet doesn't shoot you on sight, let alone helping you. I prefer the friendly atmosphere in ESO :)

1 hour ago, MorpheusZero said:

Hello Syy welcome!

I too am a software engineer! We are currently using Oracle DBs for our project at the moment. Though I don't really like it haha!

Oblivion was the first real "modern" open world game I ever played. And it always will be one of my greatest games of all time. I guess it can be argued that Zelda: Ocarina of Time was my first open world RPG....but we'll save that for another day lol.

Are you listening to the Bethesda E3 Conference tonight to hear them talk about Fallout 76? I'm excited to ehar about what they have in store and any possible teasers for Elder Scrolls 6 or content for ESO.

Hello Morpheus. Are you here to liberate me from the Matrix :D

I am sorry that Oracle DB fails you lol. I don't actually work on Oracle DB product but I hear that many companies in my country China are trying to move their business from Oracle DB to MySQL.

I play Oblivion after Skyrim but still feel that it beats Skyrim in many aspects. A truly great game.

I won't be listening to E3 because of the time zone. I am surprised that Bethesda is already planning another Fallout game instead of TES6. I hope that they just wanna keep secret about TES6 and surprise everyone. Who knows? :D

On 6/11/2018 at 1:25 AM, Caiffena said:

Hello Syy, I'm often late to the party on boards but want to welcome you to the guild!  I've seen you online a few times and am always happy to help, anytime!  I am still very new to the game, so you're probably light years ahead of me!

Nice to meet you Caiffena! What's your in-game account name?