Intro, Destiny 2 player

kazden

My name is Jared and I'm a 38 year old Network Engineer (sort of) for large DoD contractor.  I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, and a fat cat that loves chicken chunks.  When I'm not playing Destiny 2, working full time, and hanging out with the family, I'm working on my Cyber Security degree.  Apparently, I like chaos and hate sleep.  And now I'm just sitting here not realizing what I should say next, so.... AMA and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome to the forums! Glad you'll be joining us!

Any notable games you've played or are playing?

What are your others hobbies?

Could we get some pictures of the pets?

I'll leave the more crazy questions to others. Anyways, you'll be receiving a forum mail shortly from me with some more actions to take.

I used to play Doom and Castle Wolfenstein but my real start was with the original Quake.  I played Quake semi-professionally.  I mostly won some computer gear (GFX cards, cpus, mice, keyboards) and some small money tournaments.  I continued to  mostly play shooters until my friends introduced me to EverQuest.  After EQ, I tried WoW, Rift, DAOC, and the likes.  I have also played a lot of games on consoles but they were mostly sports games.  Oh, and I did play Rocket League with Rundown but I have recently stopped playing.

Hobbies:  Hiking, backpacking, and recently looking into ultra-light camping.

Attached a pic of the cat being himself.

IMG_0059.JPG

Edited by kazden

23 hours ago, kazden said:

I used to play Doom and Castle Wolfenstein but my real start was with the original Quake. 

I grew up on those games! :D

What did you think of the Doom reboot? I know I'm looking forward to hearing more about Doom Eternal at Quakecon this summer.

Estarriol: The obvious answer is that I'm more handsome than them.  I am currently reading the LoTR books with my son but I'm not a big book reader.

@Grieve:  I miss the mechanical feel of those games.  They feel different with all the new engines.  I played the beta and lost interest but I have been wanting to pick it up recently.  Have you played it and what are your thoughts?