Life's Intro

Life

Hello! I am Life, or Summer if your prefer my government. I a new to the clan & to Destiny alike. D2 is only my second FPS game (Overwatch being the first). I have played WoW on and of since BC and started playing WoW more seriously in MoP. In RL I am 31 years old and engaged to be married to my beautiful fiance, Amber (also a gamer). On WoW I primarily play WW/MW Monk. On Overwatch I am very flexible but mostly play Zarya, WInston, Orisa, Lucio, Moira, and Zen.

I can't wait to get to know everyone better. See you in game.

-Life/Summer

Welcome to our forums!

I'm glad we found you and hopefully you'll enjoy your time with South of Heaven & our Destiny 2 clan! We've got a few people that play WoW on and off. (We did have a very active raid team once upon a time in WoW.) Also, we occasionally have a casual Overwatch night so hopefully you'll have a chance to join us for that.

Anyways, we do enjoy "interrogating" our recruits so here's a few questions to get things rolling.

What do you do for a living?

Playing any single player games? If so, any personal favorites you've enjoyed or are looking forward to?

Any pets? (Pictures are always appreciated.)

Any non-gaming hobbies?

Favorite food?

Beer, wine, or liquor? Preferred style/type?

East Coast, West Coast, or somewhere in the middle?

Well, that should be a good start! I'm sure others will be along with their own questions eventually.

I'll also be sending you a forum mail in the next day or so with some more information.

Way to go Grieve, take all the usual first date questions. What does that leave me? Only the awkward ones, thats what.

Hello Life, nice to meet you. Here are my questions three:

1. When lemons give you life, is that called lemon-aid?
2. I know Grieve already asked what your favorite food, obviously tacos right? So which particular type? I know its hard. You can take a few moments with this one.
3. What do you mean there is supposed to be a 3rd question?

Welcome Life...and you're kind of playing...this is your...Life...there's my meta points for the day.

What's your take on the current state of WoW? It appears if the gaming media is informed correctly, things have gone a little sideways in that world for the first time in a long memory.

Hello potential new friend!

I played Overwatch for all of 2 hours for one of our SoH game nights... it was fun but I was terrible.

Grieve did ask most of my questions, so I'm just going to go with one complex question.

1. Have you ever tried to explain Fermi's Paradox to anyone and had their eyes glaze over? Why do you think we haven't been contacted by aliens yet?

On 7/28/2018 at 3:21 PM, Grieve said:

Sorry for the slow response! It's been a busy week!

What do you do for a living?

That is a difficult question because I am still figuring that out. I was deemed disabled by the age of 23 due to a congenital heart condition. I have had two corrective surgeries, one at 25 and the last at 28. I did attend a couple of years of college before having to settle down. My major was Digital Media (game design, graphic design, 3D modeling animation and rendering, video, etc etc) and I fortunately was able to learn skills that have enabled me to make a supplementary income doing freelance work.

Playing any single player games? If so, any personal favorites you've enjoyed or are looking forward to?

I honestly haven't played many single player games in a while besides 1 finger death punch. I think that this is due to playing MMOs. There is always so much to do that the ones I play pretty much take up all of my gaming time.

Any pets? (Pictures are always appreciated.)

Too many, lol. My wife and I are very soft at heart when it comes to abandoned animals. We currently have a Shih-tzu that we rescued from an abusive home. It was impossible to find her a home due to her aggression towards men & children so we decided to take her in and work with her. We figured that the lesbian house-hold would be the perfect place for her. She has came a long way and will even greet male family members when they visit. Her name is baby. We figured since we couldn't genetically have one that this would be the perfect name for her.

Also, when my wife and I met we both had cats. She had one and I had 3. Currently 2 of those cats are still with us. Their names are Luna & Jaxon.

We of course adopted and rescued other cats after moving in together. We also have a couple that just kind of showed up and stayed & our house is pretty much 24/7 cuteness overload. I will send pictures soon!

On 7/28/2018 at 3:21 PM, Grieve said:

Any non-gaming hobbies?

I love to read and I love good television series like AHS, GoT, The Originals, and The 100 just to name a few.

Favorite food?

I <3 Italian food & German food

Beer, wine, or liquor? Preferred style/type?

I don't generally drink liquor but if I do it's dark. Wine is situational and my preference is beer, but I honestly don't drink a lot or often. When I do I like lagers like Yuengling.

East Coast, West Coast, or somewhere in the middle?

I am from Tennessee but I love the time that I spent on the West Coast. There is literally no where in the world like NV & Cali to me.

Sorry for the long response! 

On 7/28/2018 at 3:37 PM, Practical said:

Way to go Grieve, take all the usual first date questions. What does that leave me? Only the awkward ones, thats what.

Hello Life, nice to meet you. Here are my questions three:

1. When lemons give you life, is that called lemon-aid?

I have no clue >.< but I'm not a fan of lemon-aid (drink or album) but I love the song Lemon!

2. I know Grieve already asked what your favorite food, obviously tacos right? So which particular type? I know its hard. You can take a few moments with this one.

I actually was going to put Tacos but I decided on Italian. I love Chalupas if that counts & prefer chicken over beef.

3. What do you mean there is supposed to be a 3rd question?

Lol.. so I will ask you one.

What is your name and where are you from? What is your all time favorite game?

On 7/28/2018 at 7:18 PM, Singularity80 said:

What's your take on the current state of WoW? It appears if the gaming media is informed correctly, things have gone a little sideways in that world for the first time in a long memory.

That depends on which way you think things have went sideways. But yes, it really has.

Here is why I think so.

Raiding - raids are no longer "hard." They have just become tedious complex, and yes I swear there is a difference. I feel that raid bosses now have mechanics that arent mechanically hard like they used to be(if that makes sense, as in game play style etc). Now, instead of having challenging mechanics we have a list of bs mechanics to complete in order to phase bosses. While this makes raids harder at times they really arent challenging skill like before, they are just making you dance and remember steps. I've tried to example how I feel about this to others with no success. I hope that I haven't confused you, too.

Talents - talents were dumded down a long time ago. This is good but also a low blow to people who worked through the talent tree to best maximize their dps or healing potential as best suited to their play style & strengths and weaknesses.

Talents again - every expansion they change something else that didn't really matter or replace abilities with abilities that are essentially the same with a new name and animation, not a fan of that.

Forum qqs - WoW seems to be conforming more and more to who cries on forums the loudest. A lot of nerfs have been unnecessary .

Lore (the qqs continued) - The current lore has upset a great many people Horde side. They are threatening to unsub and because of this Blizzard will again conform and write the pretty story that everyone (most) want. I feel that this is disrespectful to the writers. I feel like they are just being realistic. Throughout history there have been many tyrannical leaders and very disheartening events. Those things are what makes perseverance sweeter & and adds depth to the lore. Just my opinion, though. and I do not blame others who see the situation differently.

Sorry again for the long reply. I am long winded at times!

Also, do you play WoW or any other MMOs?

On 7/29/2018 at 1:14 PM, Tyrlis said:

1. Have you ever tried to explain Fermi's Paradox to anyone and had their eyes glaze over? Why do you think we haven't been contacted by aliens yet?

To be completely honest with you, I never knew about Fermi's Paradox to be able to try to explain it to anyone, but after reading up a little, these are not ideas that I haven't already thought about.

To not drag on, I agree with it. I think if we can exist that someone else has to be out there, too. Why wouldn't they? We can't assume there isn't life some where that we cannot travel to. So yea, if life can happen here I feel that it is else where as well. As far as contact, that's a good question. Maybe we have and aren't told about it because entertainment has potentially given alien life a false identity that would scare others. Maybe other life is simply out of our reach communication wise and physically.

Again, while I have personally thought about these things I have not researched this enough to really have a conversation about it, but I would love to hear more.

Feel free to add me on Bnet Life#1343

Again, I am so sorry that I took so long to reply and I really enjoyed getting to know you guys a little better. 

I hope to see you all in game.

Also, feel free to add me on Bnet and hit me up anytime. I am around the PC a lot so dont be a stranger!

Life#1343