Intro, Destiny 2 player, PC enthusiast

Xotic

Hello All!

First and foremost I'd like to thank you for the invite as well as taking in a few of our Shattered Fleet members.  I would also like to take this time to apologize for my spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

My IRL name is Curtis.  I am 34, married, and have 4 children (2 boys, 2 girls) ages 10-13.  I live in Michigan and currently an equipment operator at a local OSB mill.  Previously a field service tech in the gas and oil industry.  My hobbies are all over the place.  I primarily am a PC gamer, former console gamer (Xbox).  I love to build and upgrade gaming PCs, and having discussions on the matter.  I built my own, my wifes, and several friends of mine.  I also enjoy the outdoors including hunting, fishing, camping, etc.  I am into many types of powersports as well including boating, motorcycle riding, etc.

I see you do ask about pets, so I will get that out of the way.  We have a 3 year old red nose pit bull yellow lab mix named Cami, A painted turtle named Mikey, and a hermit crab that apparently doesn't have a name lol.  Before you ask, we do not have any cats due to my daughter being allergic.

I really enjoy multiplayer PvE games the most, but there is a wide variety of games that I play/played.  Recently I have been playing Ark with my wife and sister along with a few friends I picked up from my time playing MMOs.  I run my own dedicated PvE servers for us to play on.  I have been playing Destiny 2 since launch with a few long breaks in between due to lack of content and clan participation.  I had Destiny 1 for Xbox one but couldn't get back into console gaming after playing PC for a while and therefore did not put much time into it.  So needless to say, I have long awaited a PC release of a Destiny title.  I do play some Overwatch and Diablo 3 from time to time as well along with a few Steam and Origin games of all shapes and sizes.  I do also play some World of Warcraft occationally, yet I do not have alot of time invested in it as of late.  I started playing MMOs with Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1&2 for the Nintendo Gamecube and have been hooked ever since.  Played a little Phantasy Star Universe on Xbox 360 until the servers were shut down perminently due to lack of stability.  This led me to TERA and my interest in PC build/gaming.  I played TERA as a top tier Lancer (tank) for over 3 years in some of the biggest most reputable guilds as an officer and even GM.  After many many undesirable changes to the game along with the realization of my addiction to TERA, I decided to put it to bed for good and have not played it in a long time.  Since then, I play whatever peaks my interest.

Thats all I got.  Look foraward to meeting all of you!

Welcome to our forums! I'm glad you finally made it over here.

Anyways, I'll leave the questions this time to other people. In the meantime, I'll be sending you a forum message with some items for you to look through sometime in the next day or so.

Hi Xotic -- welcome!

Speaking as a retired English teacher, your grammar def. does not suck. Other than adding a couple commas here n there for clarity, your prose style is quite easy to read -- a pleasure even! That said, no one here will judge you on such things, myself included. We genuinely enjoy finding kindred spirits to people our storied halls (and after almost 14 yrs as a gaming community, we've got oodles of stories xD)

Love the small menagerie you've got going, lol, turtle named Mikey. Cute. And you have to post a pic of that pit-lab mix! Post here in your thread or on Discord (lobby or social) once you've got that set up. I once rescued a beleaguered Afghan hound named Plato. He had demodectic mange and was missing most of the hair on his hind torso and tail. The creature looked a wreck and absolutely nothing like an Afghan lol. He was also mostly blind. And entirely stupid. Walked straight into a pool. Twice. I had to jump in, fully clothed, and fish him out (he'd sunk right to the bottom). Never a dull moment with Plato! Sweetest, happiest dog you'd ever meet, but damn was he dumb, lol.

I'm mostly a pc MMO-er as well and am currently playing Elder Scrolls Online with a very casual SoH group. Sadly, fatigue is setting in a touch so I thought I'd take a bit of a breather and futz around w/ some RPGs or something for a bit. If you play ESO at all, give @Simone a shout for an invite. We'd love to have you whenever you're on (lol, why did cannibalism just pop into my head?)

I've never played Ark but I know there's a few around here who do. Mention your server on Disco (gaming) and see if anyone bites, hehe. It's a game that has piqued my interest, but I've not actually pursued it. Yet ^^

After your first response to your thread here, I will alter your forum rank so that you can poke around more freely. Although we use Discord quite a bit, we still love our forums (esp. members of the old vanguard like myself lol) -- make yourself at home! Vet us as we vet you and hopefully you will come to think of us as your first stop when venturing into a new (or old) game and you look for game data or for peeps with whom to play. Each of us plays multiple titles from a variety of genres (many of which go unmentioned! lol)

Anyway, sorry for the verbosity ^^ I look forward to chatting (or playing) w/ you at some point \o/

I played very little ESO during the beta stage, but never got into it.  It's been one of those games I've wanted to try but never had enough down time to pick up.  Ark is alot of fun and we really enjoy it.  It takes alot of patience and team work to get ahead in the game.  

We picked up the turtle from a co-worker of mine.  She bought it for her 4 year old daughter who named it Grumpy Bubbles Pizza.  Although we call him Mikey, we still think his old name is pretty cute.  Here is a picture of the pit-lab, if it works lol.

https://imgur.com/a/1HDfIbn

Anyways, I do believe I have everything setup for the guild/clan now for the most part.  Discord is up, Mumble should be setup properly, policies reviewed, etc.  Hope to see you all out there!  Thank again for the invite/welcome!

Edited by Xotic

Hi potential new friend! Sorry I took so long to respond to your app, I've been busy with work.

On 8/5/2018 at 3:50 PM, Xotic said:

I live in Michigan

Ayyyyyy a Michigander! Born and raised in Wisconsin here, but spent a lot of time in da UP, yaderehey.

Random question time!

What's your favorite Michigan sports team?

What is Cayde-6's favorite dance?

Favorite movie trilogy?

On 8/9/2018 at 10:01 PM, Tyrlis said:

What's your favorite Michigan sports team? Lions, Red Wings, and Wolverines.  However I generally don't watch sports

What is Cayde-6's favorite dance? Idk lol

Favorite movie trilogy? Back to the Future

Edited by Xotic