Introduction

Sooper1337

Hi my name is Alan aka Sooper1337,

I'm one of the most recent recruits in the clan, I look forward to getting to know everyone here and having a great time together. 

A little about me, I'm 27, I live in Morganton, North Carolina. I've got a wife and 3 kids, A dog who unfortunately doesn't have a name lol (just yell baby boy and he comes running). I'm a big pc enthusiast and have been for about 15 years now. Mainly only play destiny 2 atm but I have hundreds of other pc games that I've went through over the years. I work in a machine shop as a parts tester and painter, I have a little bit of college under my belt as a software engineer and game design. 

Not too much more than that about me but feel free to ask away. 

Hey Sooper! Glad you made your way over here to our forums!

What are some of your favorite games that you've played? (Besides Destiny)

Are you looking to use that college education to try and get a job in the games industry?

Also, thoughts on OBX? Overrated or a great weekend getaway?

Anyways, I hope others will pop in here to chime in with questions or comments. In the meantime, I'll have a forum message coming your way with a few other items so keep an eye out.

Looking forward to playing with you in game!

One of the biggest games for me was counter-strike. It was really one of the biggest games that got me started in pc gaming, started back in the old 1.5 / 1.6 days if anyone else had played it back then. A few other big games that I can think of for me was Wow, Guild wars, Suikoden 1 & 2. There are alot more but that's all that comes to mind right now. 

I'm hoping to get the chance to go back to school and continue my education further at a university, but for now work really takes up all my time. I would love to be able to find a small Dev group to be able to work on games or start my own. But unfortunately were I'm located there isn't much option where I'm located. 

As for Obx I've never really been. Vacation for me was to go to myrtle beach down in south Carolina. Been a long time since I've been though (roughly 18 years) 

Hi potential new friend! Sorry it took me 2 days to respond, work has been pretty busy.

CStrike was my jam back in high school, I used to spend whole paychecks at the local LAN arcade playing with my friends.

My son is starting his associates in game design this month, he's spent the last 3 or 4 years just playing around on Scratch or GameMaker. It does seem like a really great hobby that's hard to turn into a reliable living, so I'm trying to push him towards the AI/programming side instead of pure game design.

Random questions!

Name your top 3 games that were sequels. (Mine are Half-Life 2, Mass Effect 2, and Hearts of Iron 2.)

I just stalked Morganton on the map and it looks like the sort of small southern town that cable news reporters come to and ask questions about 'politics in the Bible Belt'. Ever had that happen?

What are Titans hiding in their shoulderpads?