Hello and Intro

Loda

Greetings everyone, my name is Loda (or Dave). 

Some gaming background about me: I've dabbled in consoles since the Atari days, but I really got into gaming with EQ1. Ever since then I have been primarily a PC gamer, but do have the XBox One as well. After EQ1 I got into WoW which is where I have met quite a few people who have become my RL friends (Shrap is one of these), though a lot no longer game. After WoW I dabbled in most of the mainstream MMOs (FFXIV, BDO, ESO, Rift, GW2, etc) though these days I am leaning towards more casual and quick games due to family needing more of my time. I am currently playing Sea of Thieves with Shrap but I enjoy all types of games. Shrap introduced me to Fera yesterday and she twisted my arm to sign up so here I am ;).

Some RL background: I am 40 with two boys (one in middle school and one in elementary). I currently live in Louisville, KY. Gaming is my main hobby, though I do enjoy a good book. I have gotten into cooking the last year so that has also been taking up some of my time (and my waistline). 

I am looking forward to meeting you all and having a good time!

Hey Loda, nice to meet you! I bet Shrap and you will find we're a fun group to game with here. Watch out for that @Fera person though, she's trouble! So we call our main gaming groups are called "cohorts," they're our little colonies that we set up in games. Our only active cohort right now plays Destiny 2. We also have a new cohort, the Nomads, that going to be a more transient group that votes on which games they play and for how long. You can find more information about that group here: https://www.sohguild.com/index.php?/topic/19988-cohort-nomads/. These groups are open to anyone in SoH, so feel free to check them out if you're interested.

We also play all kinds of games informally. I think Shrap has already found some people interested in playing Sea of Thieves with you guys. I'd probably check it out myself if I wasn't preoccupied with setting up the Nomads group! Anyway, glad to have you here and look forward to gaming with you soon!

African or European?

Although a definitive answer would of course require further measurements, published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers based on that study all lead to estimate that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles an hour. -Jonathon Corum,  Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow

O.M.G. -- you 2 are practical an act all by yourselves! lol Gobsmacked, I damn near peed myself laughing.

Hi Loda ^^ I'm glad you finally relented xD

Our new Nomad group sounds like it'd be a good fit for you, too. I'm gonna later your forum rank so you can putz around a bit more -- just remember to follow boards that interest you and check back periodically. I'll also get you a Disco invite :P

I look forward to some non-first-person gaming with you soon! lol