New Destiny Player

Darkseid

Was up guys thanks for the invite. I'm new to the PC world, was mostly a console player (PS4). Right now I mostly play D2 so if anyone needs help I willing to help to the best of my ability.  I live in NYC (sorry in advance for the background noise lol) My main source of income is from the National Guard. Thinking of going active duty (if there are any soldiers out there with any advice is greatly appreciated). Hobbies of course is gaming, I also just recently got into MMA. Thanks again 

Welcome to the forums!  You'll find we use them fairly often. Also, welcome to PC gaming & may your Steam library grow vast and plentiful! :P

Thank you for serving! We have a few active & retired military members so I'm sure one of them will chime in when they get the chance.

As per tradition, lets get some questions rolling!

What do you enjoy the most about NYC?

Tacos or Burritos?

Got any pets? If not, do you prefer cats or dogs? (Or, are you allergic?)

Ps4 games! Favorite multiplayer game? Favorite single-player game?

Any bars or restaurants you'd highly recommend in NYC?

I'll have a forum mail coming your way shortly with some info to help you get acquainted with our group better.

Hi Washington!

I'm a try to answer the questions to the best of my abilities.

1. What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I can't answer this question since you didn't specify African or European swallow. 

2. How do know so much about swallows?

They speak to me.

4. What happened to 3?

I'm guessing you knew I was going to answer question 3 so its was skipped. The answer to question 3 was a swallow carried a coconut. 

Hope those are the right answers.

15 hours ago, Darkseid said:

Thinking of going active duty (if there are any soldiers out there with any advice is greatly appreciated). 

You're in the Guard and have to ask your new gaming guild for active duty Soldiers to get advice from?!

... 15 years active duty here, so you got lucky. :D Ask whatever you want and I'll give you the senior NCO perspective. 

Random question time!

What's your favorite /r/army/ thread?

Why did you ignore Grieve's questions?

Why am I at my son's college at 7 AM on a Saturday?

17 hours ago, Darkseid said:

. Thinking of going active duty (if there are any soldiers out there with any advice is greatly appreciated).

Tyrlis is your best bet, but I my dad served 20 yrs in the USMC and I grew up around it. I have his perspective 2nd hand, and my own perspective growing up in that culture and making what was a very difficult decision not to serve myself. (My dad and I'm sure Tyrlis would agree that was the right choice for me).

On to my contribution to random question time!

12. If you had any super power, what would it be and why?
13. Too bad, you can't have that one. You instead now have the ability to read minds!!!! But only the minds of crustaceans. What do you do with this new found power?
14. Do you know why I started at 12? 

Was up guys, I'm going to answer all your questions.

Grieve

What do you enjoy the most about NYC?

I think the only thing I love about NYC is that anything me want is available at any time and near me. If a want a burger at 4am I just have to cross the street and they'll make it.

Tacos or Burritos? Easy question. Both

Got any pets? If not, do you prefer cats or dogs? (Or, are you allergic?)

No pets. Really don't want that responsibility right now. 

Ps4 games! Favorite multiplayer game? Favorite single-player game?

Favorite PS4 multiplayer would be Monster Hunter and single player game would be God of War.

Any bars or restaurants you'd highly recommend in NYC?

Bars I have no recommendations (I don't drink). Now when it comes to restaurants I'll recommend : Casa Enrique, SottoCasa Pizzeria, City Island Lobster House and the bodega across the street.They make some good Spanish food lol.

Tyrlis

What's your favorite /r/army/ thread?

Don't have one. If you have any suggestions I would check them out.

Why did you ignore Grieve's questions? 

Thought they were more rules I had to read, joking lol. Not going to lie I didn't see the post until today. 

Why am I at my son's college at 7 AM on a Saturday?

School called again your son got stuck on the roof again.... butt nake again...lol

Practical

12. If you had any super power, what would it be and why?

Super genius just to build an iron man suit and be a billionaire

13. Too bad, you can't have that one. You instead now have the ability to read minds!!!! But only the minds of crustaceans. What do you do with this new found power?
Damn that sucks. Guess I'll be a stand-in for the Aquaman movie. 

14. Do you know why I started at 12? 

Grieve 5 questions 

Washington 3 questions

Tyrlis 3 questions

Add them up equals 11. Then 12 is the next question.