Hello

BufordtJustice

Hello my name is Steve but in most games I go by Scrubbi, Fernaufer (Fern for short) and of course BufordtJustice. I have been gaming for a lot of years, used to play a lot of FPS games but mainly the last 10 years have been mmo's and believe me I have tried most of them. When I was just browsing through the Lord of the Rings forums and came across the post by Simone about a couple of people that switch up the games they are playing every so often. Well with all the mmo hopping I have been doing lately this group sounds right up my ally. Looking at the forums I see a couple of games you all play that also interest me. So here I am applying to SoH because it just sounds like a good fit.

Well hello Fern! Glad to meet you :D

Our "Nomad" group does sound like a good fit for you (and many of us, hehe). Tell me, if you don't mind divulging personal bits on the internet, how do you make your gold in RL? Have you any kids or pets? (mega pet lovers here in SoH lol) What other hobbies, besides gaming ofc, do you enjoy?

I'm Fera! I'm currently not using any of my education and working a seasonal job at a gallery/boutique and having a ball, lol. My hubs n I have 3 cats: Chaos, Loki and Luna(tic). All bad. xD All loved <3

SoH has been an active gaming community for going on 14 yrs now. We're a large and very varied group of people with a deep respect for community, and for the people in it. Whatever it is you bring to table, with the exception of ass-hattery, we'll embrace it, and you, so no worries.

I'm sure a couple others, including Simone, will be along to pester you. Join in on the fun! Ask us what you will and vet us, too ^^ 

Cya 'round!

Hey Buford - good talking to you earlier! Definitely glad to hear that the Nomads group sounds interesting to you. We got off to kind of a weird start with Wildstar and the shutdown, hoping to get at least two or three good months out of LOTRO :). I'm going to send you a PM with our Discord/Mumble info here in just a bit. I should be on later this evening again to send you an invite to the kinship. I'll also get someone to bump up your forum access so you can see the rest of the site. We just started in LOTRO last night, and we have group events on the schedule for Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday this week.

Some get to know you questions!

- Are you east coast, west coast, somewhere in between?

- What's your least favorite mmo ever - like one you really can't stand?

- Any fun non-gaming hobbies?

Talk to you soon!

Hello again I guess I am not very good at these intros, I am a commercial construction worker (drywall/ painting) living about 25 miles north of Milwaukee Wi. I am married and no kids, just something my wife and I agreed on early. I do enjoy golfing when I can but my games are mostly my hobby. Between work and many side jobs I get just relaxing is the name of the game. I am 48yrs old and have been hooked on gaming ever since I owned a commodore vic-20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

o/

Merristrazsa in game, because I usually have a Merri-something as my main in whatever game I'm playing with SoH.

In case you haven't noticed, we like to ask random questions in the intro threads. It lets us get to know you better, and lets you see some of the quirkyness that is us. The ones so far are actually fairly tame.

Share what you're willing to share, don't share what makes you uncomfortable, and let your star shine.

Also, don't hesitate to ask questions back. It's not fair for us to know all the random stuff about you and you not to know the random stuff about us.

Random question time (because it's a fun question): You've been kidnapped and the cast from the tv show you most recently watched will come and save you. Who's coming to your rescue?

The last tv show I actually sat down and watched an entire episode of was Serenity. So Captain Mal and the rest of the big damn heroes to the rescue!

Aided by the guys from M*A*S*H because that's what my husband has been watching and I've been listening to.

Welcome Fern! Glad you took the leap to join us here at South of Heaven!

Let's get a few more questions out there for you!

What's one of the first games that you really enjoyed? I know I'm not as experienced, but as you may be able to tell from my avatar, Commander Keen was my jam back in the day.

What are some recent games you've enjoyed?

What were the other games that caught your eye on our forums?

Favorite food?

Favorite alcoholic beverage(s)?

Cats or Dogs?

Heya Grieve. A couple of my first games I enjoyed was Donkey Kong (arcade) as far as consoles or PC some of the older games I enjoyed would be Return to Castle Wolfenstein, I played the shit outta that game and Enemy Territory that followed that. As far as recent games I just came from and still play a little Guild Wars 2. Guild wars 1 was the game that got me headed in the MMo route.  Another game I did play within a year or so ago is ESO which I see ya have a chapter over there. I enjoyed FFXIV for a while WoW a little bit and Black Desert Online.

Favorite food would be pizza or a pepper steak dish my wife makes (getting hungry just typing it). Beer is my alcoholic beverage of choice and for sure dogs>cats though I like both. When I was born my mom used to show german shepherd dogs. She had 19 of them when I was born so kinda had a thing for them ever since.

On 9/30/2018 at 6:24 PM, BufordtJustice said:

living about 25 miles north of Milwaukee Wi

Oh ya? I was born in Milwaukee, grew up in Appleton, but my Mom grew up in Grafton, and my Aunt & Grandma still live there. I haven't been home enough since joining the Army, most recently I was in an amazing wedding at a brewery in Middleton (near Madison).

Oh man! Wolfenstein: ET was my jam! I have fond memories of cross-map killing people with rifle grenades. It was an art form. :p 

I was big into GW 1 & 2 as well. Actually, joined SoH back when they were active in GW2.

Also, I'll be out in Madison over the holidays. My brother's out there working on his PhD.