Hi there

cluboris

Hello everyone. I'm Kyle, LOTRO name is Bossjim, I go by Cluboris in other games, a buddy of mine gave me that nickname a while ago and I still use it for gaming since it's usually not taken. Bossjim is another deal which is kind of a tribute to an old band I listen to, I needed a nick and their CD was laying on the computer desk.

Anyway, I'm 45, married, 2 kids, a boy, 10, and a girl, 9. Oh, and a dog, can't forget the dog. She's a lab mix, a rescue we got 3 years ago.

I'm East Coast, teach history for a living. I have been playing video games forever, but my game time is kind of limited lately due to job/wife/kids. I try to get on as much as I can but it's harder lately.

I saw the recruitment post on the LOTRO forums, and here I am. I enjoy lots of different games, but lately I have been into grindy stuff with lots of rewards, World of Tanks, lots of Warframe recently...games that can be played for short bursts and it doesn't feel like you missed out if you can't play for a few days.

As far as LOTRO is concerned, I had the game way back in 2007, but WoW was my main game back then and I had too much time invested in that world to start something new. Lately I have been jonesing for a fantasy MMO and came back to LOTRO. I thought about ESO or WoW again, but the level scaling really turns me off. I've been kinda playing LOTRO as a solo game, just hit level 20, finally have a horse, so I am excited to play and thought maybe I can link up with some people and try to hit some instances like the good old days, or just run around and level as a group.

I'd love an invite and to hit up a couple of Saturday night sessions and see if it's a good fit. Thanks for reading.

Edited by cluboris
Posted the wrong nick!

Hi Cluboris - nice to meet you! We'd be happy to send you an invite, we'll set that up soon! It sounds like you'll fit right in with us - the WoW into job/married/kids transition is very common around these parts :D.  You're catching us a great time. We're all hitting level 20 and getting ready to start doing group instances. Saturday is slightly tentative this week - I have to go to a family party that I'm pretty sure duck out of in time for LOTRO game night, but I'm not certain yet. Looking at Thursday, Friday, and Sunday as possible other days. I'll have an updated schedule of the LOTRO subforums tomorrow morning. Speaking of LOTRO boards, we'll get an admin to upgrade your forum access so you can see the rest of the boards.  I'll also send you a PM with our Discord and Mumble info (tomorrow morning). Looking forward to gaming with you soon!

Thank you for the welcome. I'll try to pop on to Discord tonight at some point after thing quiet down, just to say hello. I'd love to say definitely I'll be there both Thursday and Saturday, but weekdays are rough since I get up so early the next morning for work, and Saturday my kid has a late hockey game that may spill past 9. I'll try my best though, looking forward to it!

Hi Cluboris -- welcome :)

I've altered your forum rank so you can poke around some. Do that and try to get a feel for who we are ^^   While, as a large gaming community, we are very diverse when it comes to people, places, and "all the things,"  we are generally of a single mind when it comes to attitude. We have a Code of Conduct and abide by the precepts found in 5 Dirty Words. As an adult, I doubt you'll find either problematic. If you do, please advise.

The Nomads group is super casual so no worries. We have no hard and fast rules regarding anything, esp. playtime. RL always comes first in SoH, regardless of what game is being played.

On to the fun stuffzzzzz...... pupper you say? Name plz! And posted pics are greatly appreciated!  What area of the country are you currently in? Are the leaves changing? Will you get snow eventually? (I live in Minnesota, so yeah -- snow will eventually fall, and continue to do so for some months :|) What's your favorite pizza topping? Football or baseball? 

I look forward to grouping w/ you in lotro! Cya soon :D

No Worries on the rules. I checked that out before posting and I agree with it wholeheartedly. Not a fan of toxic behavior online. 

I am in NJ. I Grew up on the beach so I love that whole vibe, but I moved inland a bit for job/affordability purposes. The leaves are changing, but if feels wrong since it's still 82 and humid. We are supposed to catch some of the remnants of Hurricane Michael at some point Thursday/Friday, and then Fall sets in. We do get snow, but not a lot usually, although with Nor'easters we have our moments. If we get 3-6 inches the whole place shuts down and people lose their minds on the roads.

I don't care what anyone says, I like Hawaiian Pizza (pineapples / ham). I'm not super picky. No anchovies, please. Everything else, go nuts.

1. Hockey

2. Football

3. Baseball

4. Soccer

The only major sport I can't get into is basketball. I like Steve Kerr though, he is cool. I grew up on baseball and I love the stats side of it, but it's hard to watch a nine inning game on TV without getting a little bored. Playoffs are great though. Football is yay, but the officiating this year is making me tear my hair out to the point where it's hard to watch. Hockey I follow religiously. My son plays in a travel league and it's a big part of my weekend now.

Below is the pup. Her name is Xena. She is a pain in the ass but I love her dearly.

0503151338a.thumb.jpg.3f2eb448953323070a32f6d9edb9e5bb.jpg0711181138.thumb.jpg.5b24bd34a72dfa1f61d647b034d01c54.jpg

Wow, Xena is BIG! lol love it

My mother-in-law recently adopted her 2nd Irish Wolfhound. His name is Kodiak, or Kodi for short (and has the face of a lil bear, so cute!) Shadow, her first, passed a couple of months ago. He was sweet and calm. The puppy, Kodi, is adorably sweet... and a lot less calm lol <3 

First pic is Shadow, age 5, 150 lbs -- the 2nd is the puppy, Kodi ^^

IMG_20180401_144610.jpg

Kodi1.jpg