Greetings

Prometheum

Hello SoH,

My name is Jon, Galassiel in-game. I played lotro a while back, not entirely sure how long ago though 😝. Came back as I am getting burned out/bored with Albion Online and needed something new. I have been playing RPG's since age 11, turn 40 the 21st 😮 I am married with 3 kids and work in the oilfield. My 2 week on 2 week off schedule limits playtime as well as life in general. I enjoy playing with so called 'grownups' like myself 😁 I have played everything from FF1 and Zork to our lovely 3d MMORPG's of today(WoW, Rift, Defiance, EVE Online, etc.)

I look forward to being a part of the Nomads 😉

Hi there Jon, nice to meet you. Welcome! 

Nomads are SUPER casual so no worries about the 2 on/ 2 off thing. I'll go ahead and alter your forum rank so you can poke around boards a bit and get to know us better. Simone, our lovely Nomadic leader, will set you up w/ mumble (which we prefer for voice-over) and discord (which we prefer to use for more immediate chat needs).

I'll also jump online and toss you a kinship invite from one of my non-Fera named toons lol.

Quick question: favorite snack food? Have you any pets and would you be willing to share pics?

Cya in game!!

Thank you Fera. My favorite snack food is Twizzlers by a long shot. We have enough fur babies that, given enough time, I will have to steal the title harder of cats I saw on here 😁 Here is a pic of a couple of them, will have to get y'all a pic of feeding time. We also have 2 dogs. Look forward to joining the group, will be on here after just a bit.

As far as voice comms go I can hear but due to the latency of my lovely satellite internet cannot talk. The Joy's of living in rural southeastern Oklahoma 😮

20181013_182255.jpg

20181013_182745.jpg

Edited by Prometheum
misspelled word

Hey nice to meet you Jon! Glad to have you aboard :). I'm going to send you a PM with our Discord and Mumble info now. We'll be online tonight for some group instances, so feel free to drop us a line for kinship invite or even join us for some dungeons. Look forward to talking to you soon!

12 hours ago, Prometheum said:

EVE Online

Hello potential friend! Tell us about your EVE Online history, we had a group playing pretty solid from 2015 until early this year, and still like to hear/tell stories. :)

Other random questions!

Is your dream house in the city or the country? Why?

You could leave one thing on top of Mt. Everest. What is it?

What's your favorite drink when you sit down to game after a long day?

@Tyrlis  o7  In eve I was/still am a member of Solar Vista. Primarily an industrial/mining corp with stations in 2 different wh's - don't remember which type.  One was for those getting used to wspace and moon mining/planetary commodities, the other was good for ratting, exploration and mining.  Most of my interesting stories come from running from gankers or a lovely gate camp.  One pilot was up to an Orca and the Hulk/T2 ORE ships., the other was a miner/transport pilot. Jetcan til I couldnt stand it and haul it in :)   I did alot of exploration with the SOE ship, cant remember the name of it to save myself right now, and lost one or 2 in w-space.  Some people dont like visitors :P

Dream house in the country. Have been living in rural areas long enough I hope to never have to go back to the city.  Quiet and peaceful, for the most part.

Never thought about what I would leave at the top of Everest, can't think of anything atm either :P

That would have to be a big ole glass of sweet tea, tropical punch Koolaid works in a pinch too :)