Greeting .,,,(^_^),,,.

CodexofPower

Greeting y'all, 

My name is Jim and am 36; most games I play I am better know as Codex of Power or just Codex. I used to play a lot of MMORPs back in the early 2000s like FFXI, Diablo, WoW, and early on AoE2. I am have been gaming since early on like Atari ages and have played so many games and consoles that i have loss count. One thing i have learned over the years is that the community of online play has always been my favorite route to go. I used to play on the PS consoles then switched to Xbox but then at the end of the day realized there were restrictions to how well my graphics were so obviously reverted back to PC. 

I was playing WoW again but came to realize that I just needed to either make a new char or spend hour on end trying to remember how to play my char again. >.< So I started playing Lotro and lately have been playing it more and prolly could use the experience of other who have played it longer to give some advice. Some of the instances and such are different and for some reason confuse me. (i'm prolly over analyzing it.) I'm not against playing other types of game like FPS in fact i played the crap out Destiny 1 and 2 and it bored me not enough quest and on going things to do.

Out side of gaming I spent 2000-2004 in the marines then moved on to the IT field, I love to fish, work, trying to freshen up on my SQL programming skills and take care of my 80+ grandparents. I don't have any pets since my boxer died a few years ago. 

Thanks for the consideration, 

Jim (Codex)

Hi Codex, welcome!

We have a small contingent in lotro and are very casual with group nights (usually 2x a week). The Nomads (our group name) will remain in that title for at least another month, possibly 2 or even more, but at some point we'll meet to offer up new game options on which to vote. If you want to stick with us -- terrific! You are entirely welcome to suggest a new title and then offer a brief pitch (here on forums) for it.

I'll alter your forum rank momentarily so you can poke around a bit and get to know us better. You'll find we play lots of different games (and sometimes on other platforms). Our gaming community leans to the larger side but we consider ourselves to be a tight-knit community, and too, not everyone participates in all titles (or it would be a madhouse! mwahahahaha) 

Anyway, Simone will hook you up w/ Discord and Mumble info at some point. He's at work so probably won't be able to do that till this evening. I look forward to chatting w/ you!

p.s. I forgot to mention that SoH has been a thing for nearly 14 yrs now (esp. in MMOs) with Chapters in practically any one you can name. Many of our players stick around year, after year, after year -- b/c we foster an actual community environment, one that is inclusive, generous and friendly. SoH is a safe haven for gamers from all walks of life and we'd be honored if you chose to become a resident Member as well.  \o/

Hey Codex - welcome to the guild! I'm going to send you our Discord and Mumble information here in a bit. Discord is the best way to grab an invite to the LOTRO kinship - just drop a message there and someone will hop on and invite you. Our LOTRO group is pretty small right now and super casual too. The best chance to catch us to is to join us for a group night event. This week's events are on Wednesday and Thursday night from 830-1000 est. Look forward to meeting you soon!