Greetings

Artaios

Hello,

My name is Ryan (in game Artaios, or just Art). Battousai is my RL brother who has already posted so I'll try to provide more of my own words and not repeat him.

I'm 31, when I'm not stuck at my office job I'm at home in front of my computer. I have been gaming for pretty much my entire life. WoW, being the biggest investment I've made, I have played since 2006. I have always been healer (Resto Druid), and generally always gravitate towards healing/support. Just comes naturally for me I would say.

In Destiny I'm a Warlock, 650. I'm not a big alt person but I just recently leveled my Hunter to 50 and am slowly gearing him out. About to make a Titan so I can get Riskrunner (which I just found out I could have had this entire time, I was expecting a drop). I have most of my class exotics and most weapons, as such I'm quite flexible on any role/need in a raid situation, I just may need a bit of instruction/direction on what exactly you need/want me to do but after that I'm good. I'm eager to raid as another activity to do/look forward do. The one raid experience I've had thus far was abysmal to say the least simply because I wanted to be focused/semi-serious about it even though I was learning whereas everyone else preferred to goof around. With that said, I'm totally down to joke and have fun, I just tend to be more focused/serious when I raid because I want to succeed and complete things.

Other interests I have still pertains the gaming, I'm big into League of Legends competitively (TSM TSM!), so I watch that on weekends while casually gaming or pvp'ing in Destiny. Outside of gaming and far, far more boring, I do follow/have an invested interest in politics. I went to college and eventually Grad school in the UK and with that I find myself more inclined to follow/stay in touch with what's going on from an intellectual point of view. Anyway, in no way is that a segue to start debating or that I would attempt to debate. I make a concerted effort to keep that stuff to myself.

Anyway, not sure what else to add here. If you have any questions feel free.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard. Like i posted in your brothers post. I was a pally /dk guy in wow for years ( burning crusade up to panda then gave it up).  You and your brother will like it here. we are semi hardcore but yet not hardcore (some of us are OCD lol) and love to raid on all our toons.. 

If you or your brother need anything feel free to just ask. we are always around 

Welcome to our forums Artaios!

Glad to see you posting! Thanks for posting your own intro! 

I have not seen you pop into our Discord server yet so if you have any trouble there, please just let me know and/or ping me on Discord (Grieve#6402) As I mentioned in Batt's post, our clan may be a bit sparse this weekend due to the Anthem Beta/Demo, but we will be raiding on Sunday.

Anyways, on to some questions to get things started!

• Did you get a chance to look over our Code of Conduct? Any thoughts/concerns you have there?
  • What type of work do you do?
  • What's the first memorable single player game you played?
  • Are you a sports fan (excluding eSports)? If so, which one(s) and what team(s)?

Lastly, I will also be sending you a forum mail welcome package in the next day or two as well.

12 hours ago, Grieve said:
  • Did you get a chance to look over our Code of Conduct? Any thoughts/concerns you have there?
  • What type of work do you do?
  • What's the first memorable single player game you played?
  • Are you a sports fan (excluding eSports)? If so, which one(s) and what team(s)?

Lastly, I will also be sending you a forum mail welcome package in the next day or two as well.

- Yes I have. Only thing I can say/warn people about is I tend to be the quiet/silent type. But I'll make an active effort to be social as best I can.

- I work for a company that does credit report verifications for mortgage lenders. So I basically spend my entire day on the phone talking to people (that's the main reason why I'm quiet/silent. At the end of an 8-hour day I tend to want to just curl into a ball and not talk). I would definitely say I'm an introvert so my job is kind of the antithesis of who I am personality-wise but a job is a job. There are perks there I have that I probably wouldn't get anywhere else so it has ups and downs.

- First memorable single player game...boy that's tough. Uhm, probably Super Mario RPG on SNES. That game, while single player, was a joint experience for my brother and I. I remember watching him play (I am weird in that I enjoy watching other people play games, I'm a huge Twitch.tv viewer), fighting really tough bosses and I would be in control of the player's guide (when those were actually a thing) with the bestiary for mob health etc and I would literally have a calculator adding up the damage he was doing to keep track how soon the boss would die as he was that hard (for us).

- I am a football fan, though in the last 3-4 years I've gradually starting watching less and less to now I didn't watch a single game but I stayed somewhat up to day on current standings etc. My team would be Dallas Cowboys. That tends to either go well with people or I earn their ire somehow. Being a Cowboy fan is quite polarizing in terms of how other people see/view you and that team it seems. lol.

Thanks for the questions. Anyone else fee free to ask anything. :)

Edited by Artaios

On 1/25/2019 at 6:47 PM, Artaios said:

Resto Druid

Resto buddies! I quit playing shortly before TBC though...

On 1/25/2019 at 6:47 PM, Artaios said:

I do follow/have an invested interest in politics

We're generally pretty apolitical as well, but we've had a few spirited debates where folks from all sides weigh in. I'm also a super active follower of politics, mostly because my occupation (active duty Army 4 years away from retirement) is often affected by it.

Random question time!

What are Titans hiding in their shoulder pads?

Favorite movie of all time?

Favorite caffeinated drink?

On 1/27/2019 at 1:20 PM, Evaporated said:

Welcome!

What's the story behind your username?

My name originally came from WoW and it's actually a shortened version than my original. It's not based off anything and it's actually a slightly embarrassing story. So when I made my first character in 2007 it was my Resto Druid. I googled 'druidic names' because I wanted to nerd out and have a lore-centric name. If I remember correctly the website I found had first and last names. So I intended for my character's name to be Artaios Niul. The problem is, and unknown to me at the time, WoW didn't let you put spaces in your name. So instead of telling me it couldn't do that it just slapped the two together and made Niul lowercase. So for the past 12 years my WoW character's name has been Artaiosniul. Hence why I go by Art. :P

23 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

Resto buddies! I quit playing shortly before TBC though...

We're generally pretty apolitical as well, but we've had a few spirited debates where folks from all sides weigh in. I'm also a super active follower of politics, mostly because my occupation (active duty Army 4 years away from retirement) is often affected by it.

Random question time!

What are Titans hiding in their shoulder pads?

Favorite movie of all time?

Favorite caffeinated drink?

- I have no idea. Another pair of shoulders? A charge?

- Favorite movie...oof. That's hard. Probably 300 just because it was amazing when if first came out.

- Coffee or Dr. Pepper

3 hours ago, Artaios said:

I googled 'druidic names' because I wanted to nerd out and have a lore-centric name.

Oh man do I know how that goes. I always go back and forth between doing that kind of thing and just coming up with something funny. When naming characters in WoW, if didn't have a name in mind, I would hit google translate and type in stuff related to the class I was using and see if anything I liked popped up. I had a DK in WoW that I ended up naming Morsafferta. If I recall some form of Morsaffert popped up when I translated bringer of death (or something like that) into Latin. Since the toon I made was female I added an "a" to the end. But...then in GW2 I named my ranger Sausage Prime to make my friends laugh. And that kind of stuck, so it gets used as my user name on occasion and is slowly replacing Evaporated, it would seem.