Oh Hai

Xella

Hi all!

My name is Xsella on ESO because unfortunately Xella was already taken, even though I've claimed that name since EverQuest days. My real name is Amanda and I'm actually Caiffena's daughter. I started gaming when I was 13 on EQ back in the days when you had to go find your corpse by remembering where you died and loot your body - I quite literally lost a corpse once and had to start over. I'm 30 now and games have come a long way since then :) Thankfully...

I normally play the dps caster type as I played a gnome Warlock named Cake during my WoW days, so i thought a Sorc on ESO would suite me well. I haven't played any games since WoW as college and life took over but am excited to be back.

Thought I'd come introduce myself and am looking forward to gaming with you all!

Hi Xella! Welcome!

I, personally, am overjoyed to have you on board. Your mom & I have been pals for years now (and yeah, she's awesome!), so I know you'll fit right in. In the short time I've known you, I can say that you definitely inherited her "hoot" gene (lol, b/c of the funny ^^), and I look forward to grouping w/ you again.

I'll change your forum status to Recruit for now, and barring anything weird, Member promotion will occur in a couple weeks. Make sure you peruse and either sign or comment here in this thread the Code of Conduct. It's generally a no-brainer for most peeps ^^ Also, I know you have your own Discord, but let's make sure you get set up on SoH discord this week if your mom hasn't done that already. 

On 2/20/2019 at 9:08 AM, Fera said:

Hi Xella! Welcome!

I, personally, am overjoyed to have you on board. Your mom & I have been pals for years now (and yeah, she's awesome!), so I know you'll fit right in. In the short time I've known you, I can say that you definitely inherited her "hoot" gene (lol, b/c of the funny ^^), and I look forward to grouping w/ you again.

I'll change your forum status to Recruit for now, and barring anything weird, Member promotion will occur in a couple weeks. Make sure you peruse and either sign or comment here in this thread the Code of Conduct. It's generally a no-brainer for most peeps ^^ Also, I know you have your own Discord, but let's make sure you get set up on SoH discord this week if your mom hasn't done that already. 

Thank you Fera! Before I started played I've heard your name a few times, she's told me good things :)

I will head over to the code of conduct and set up the SoH discord as well. Thanks again!

On 2/19/2019 at 11:19 PM, Battousai said:

Welcome, Amanda! I'm Shaun =D 

I'm a newer member as well on the Destiny 2 side. Played 13 years of WoW. Amazing journey. 

Glad to have you. 

Hi Shaun! When did you quit WoW? I think i actually quit around after high school. I went back to play a couple years ago and it's changed sooo much. Welcome to you as well!

On 2/20/2019 at 4:13 PM, Evaporated said:

Hello Xella!

Welcome to SoH!

What other types of games do you play? 

Thank you! ESO is the only one right now but I was also playing 7 Days to Die for a while. It's still in alpha status but it's a ton of fun. What about you?

On 2/20/2019 at 7:21 PM, Tyrlis said:

Hello and welcome potential new friend!

I'm not playing ESO, so i get to ask a couple random questions.

What degree were you going to college for?

Are you a fan of the single-player Elder Scrolls games?

Which planet would you like to visit, and why?

Thank you! What game are you playing?

I have my BS in Information Systems and trying to finish my master's in Cyber Security. 

The planet question, hah this is a good one. I just did a study of the Cassini-Huygens mission and so I have to say I'd visit Saturn. The rings are fascinating, the great red spot, the hexagonal storm - I want to see them in person. Apparently another storm on the northern latitudes has recently been identified as well :) Now you have to answer the same question!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xella said:

Thank you! What game are you playing?

I have my BS in Information Systems and trying to finish my master's in Cyber Security. 

The planet question, hah this is a good one. I just did a study of the Cassini-Huygens mission and so I have to say I'd visit Saturn. The rings are fascinating, the great red spot, the hexagonal storm - I want to see them in person. Apparently another storm on the northern latitudes has recently been identified as well :) Now you have to answer the same question!

I'm all over the place. I raid in Destiny 2 on occasion, I'm an active player in the Anthem cohort, and I'm leading the charge on The Division 1 & 2.

Mine would be Mars. Been watching the Nat Geo show recently and it's fascinating.