Heya!

Skoogey

Hello! My name is Austin, and online I tend to go by Skoogey. I was introduced to all of you by Cryus.

I've played World of Warcraft since vanilla and have played every expansion - Legion was definitely my favorite of them all, and I was a guild officer doing Heroic raiding and high level M+ at that time. Haven't been into live as much in about a year, but I am quite excited for classic. I also play a fair bit of Destiny 2, and primarily play Titan. Very close to Recluse. Very excited.

Irl, I'm 25 and married to my wife whom I've known for 9 years, dated for 5. Hobbies mostly include gaming with a little bit of art on the side - haven't been able to draw in a while due to being busy lately. Avid pet lover - we just adopted two kittens from our local shelter and they are fantastic.

Looking forward to meeting you guys! Cryus speaks fondly, and hopefully we'll cross paths in some games :]!

Hello hello Skoogey!

I also play Titan in D2! Us punchy types gotta stick together. 

So, few questions:

What's your favorite enemy to punch in D2? 

If you had to identify one primary goal in WoW Classic, what would it be?

What do you like better; pizza delivery or Chinese take-out? Explain your answer. 

Hello Mord! Haha you know it!

Cursed Thralls, of course. Okay but seriously, that happens way more often than it should. Just let me punch things in peace! Anyway, I really like the designs of the Fallen, and they tend to ragdoll pretty well when you smack 'em, so I'm gonna go with Fallen.

I'd say to take it easy and just enjoy the world again. The live version of WoW suffers from a heavy dependency on rushing to level cap so you can then participate in the grind for gear and any content they add relevant to such. Meanwhile, the whole experience of Classic is about the leveling itself, and I'm very excited to focus on the journey rather than the destination again in WoW.

I'm going to have to go with Chinese take-out for an extremely biased reason - my wife is from England, and whenever we're over there visiting her family they have a really fantastic Chinese take-out place that we order from. I dream about that fried rice, man

If I can hit you with a return question: What's your favorite Titan exotic? I've recently got my hands on Peregrine Greaves and I never want to take these things off - the rush of one-shotting large blockers by smacking them is just so satisfying

31 minutes ago, Skoogey said:

I'd say to take it easy and just enjoy the world again. The live version of WoW suffers from a heavy dependency on rushing to level cap so you can then participate in the grind for gear and any content they add relevant to such. Meanwhile, the whole experience of Classic is about the leveling itself, and I'm very excited to focus on the journey rather than the destination again in WoW.

One of my favorite quotes regarding WoW is from Chris Metzen when he said, "the main character of World of Warcraft is the world." Classic/Vanilla really captures that for me. In Modern WoW the player is the main character and everything is built around serving the player. You're an extraordinary hero doing mundane tasks. In Classic, you're just a random person in the world trying to get by and maybe eventually do extraordinary things. It's a very different design philosophy. I'm excited to just be in the old world again. 

33 minutes ago, Skoogey said:

If I can hit you with a return question: What's your favorite Titan exotic? I've recently got my hands on Peregrine Greaves and I never want to take these things off - the rush of one-shotting large blockers by smacking them is just so satisfying

You can absolutely hit me with any number of questions. When I was leveling up my first exotic was ACD/0 Feedback Fence and I wore them for-ev-er...because punching is fun. I got Hallowfire Heart not too long ago and that's been a fun one for me, I really like chucking hammers and flaming grenades at aliens so doing it more often is appealing (plus it looks awesome with the solar glow on the solstice set). I'd say if I had to pick my absolute favorite right now though it would be my Synthoceps. I just love to punch. 

I missed the weekend when Xur was selling One-Eyed Mask recently and have been kicking myself for that one. One of these days I'll get one though. 

Hey Skoogey,

Welcome to the Forums. be sure you hope over and sign the Code of Conduct here. What are you planning on playing for classic?

And now for the fun questions...

Light meat or Dark meat?

Apples or oranges?

if you could be 1 famous person for a day who would it be and Why?

On 8/26/2019 at 4:43 PM, Morkgrim said:

Hey Skoogey,

Welcome to the Forums. be sure you hope over and sign the Code of Conduct here. What are you planning on playing for classic?

And now for the fun questions...

Light meat or Dark meat?

Apples or oranges?

if you could be 1 famous person for a day who would it be and Why?

Hello Mork! Nice to meet you! I have signed the Code.

I like both! But I prefer light meat methinks.

I like apples for sure! Orange juice makes me congested, not sure why (but I also love it).

I'm... honestly not sure! I haven't ever really thought of that, haha

On 8/26/2019 at 1:05 PM, Mordigrim said:

I'm excited to just be in the old world again. 

That's the exact fun that I'm currently having! It really is such a different experience - it's so good to see and experience!

Also, I'm so sorry you missed that OEM - I thought I had missed it and then learned that Xur now stays open til the Tuesday reset, and doesn't leave on Monday morning. He tends to like to sell OEM though, so hopefully another great one will pop up sooner rather than later! At least you have some fun ones, too - Hallowfire is just such a joy to use.