Hello!

Lifted

Hello. I’m returning to WoW in Classic. I first played waaaaaay back in 2005. Since then I have been on and off. I was lucky enough to find a great guild that really added a lot to my playing experience and I’m hoping to find that again. Your code of conduct reminds me of guilds I’ve enjoyed in the past. I’ve played warrior, shaman, and warlocks mostly. I’m not opposed to trying most classes/specs if it helps the group. 

Im 44. Semi retired. Semi married with 2 daughters (5 & 8). 

I started an orc warrior named Lifted on Bloodsail. 

I am pretty bad with technology and haven’t kept up with the new game changes, so if you don’t mind an old tank learning the ropes, let me know! 

Thanks

Hello Lifted! I'm Craterhoof in-game or Mordigrim around the forums, Discord, etc (slowing transitioning to using Craterhoof everywhere to reduce confusion though).

I'm happy you found us and that our Code of Conduct seems like a good fit for you. Speaking for myself, SoH has had nothing but a positive influence on my online gaming in the 8 years I've been here (sometimes I hear the Cheers theme song in my head when logging in to a game with SoH'ers, it's the craziest thing).

So let's get to the get-to-know-you questions! 

Do you play any games outside of WoW Classic?

What's your favorite activity to do with your daughters?

If your significant other had to describe you in one sentence, what would they say?

It's 1989 and nukes are aimed at us and we need a diplomat to talk down the foreign leader who's ready to blast us into the stone age but the only people available are Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Ric Flair, and Jake the Snake Roberts. Who do you put on the phone to negotiate and why?

Feel free to give me whatever questions you have too!

Hi Mo

I’m not a major gamer. Besides WoW I have battled mild addictions to Skyrim (ps4) and some sports games. My gaming time is limited at times, so I tend to focus on one thing. 

My kids and I bond through cooking. I taught both girls colors and numbers by having them help me make dry rubs for bbq. That trend has continued, they like helping me run the grill & smoker. So that has to be my favorite thing with them. 

My lady’s response was “You're  a doctor with tattoos- you could train at the nicest gyms in town but you’d rather go to your friends garage or a field and throw heavy things, that’s you.” 

Hulk Hogan gets the phone, because everyone is his brother. Macho Man would be too busy eating Slim Jims and “woooooooooooo” doesn’t seem like a diplomatic phrase to de-escalate the situation so the Nature Boy is out. And nobody trusts the Snake. Hulkamania is runnin wild! 

I dig the Cheers reference and SoH is my favorite Slayer song. It’s been stuck in my head since finding your posts. 👍🏼

Hey Lifted,

So, on our WoW cohort we are on a RP server but don't force RP in guild. While Both Mord and myself would like to raid we would be building from scratch as none of our "Old Guard" want to be as hard core as he and , still fabulous people.

Feel free to reach out to me in game, I am usually on Morkgrim.

What is your favorite episode of Seinfeld and why?

When you BBQ or Smoke what is your... specialty?

If you could meet one "Leader" from any of the races in Classic Wow, who and why?

~Walk with the Earth Mother

Morkgrim

19 minutes ago, Lifted said:

My kids and I bond through cooking. I taught both girls colors and numbers by having them help me make dry rubs for bbq. That trend has continued, they like helping me run the grill & smoker. So that has to be my favorite thing with them. 

I love this so much! Cooking is big part of bonding for my family as well and my 6-year-old son loves helping in the kitchen. His favorite thing is sprinkling kosher salt on ev-er-y-thing, he says that's his way of "chefin' it up".

21 minutes ago, Lifted said:

Hulk Hogan gets the phone, because everyone is his brother. Macho Man would be too busy eating Slim Jims and “woooooooooooo” doesn’t seem like a diplomatic phrase to de-escalate the situation so the Nature Boy is out. And nobody trusts the Snake. Hulkamania is runnin wild! 

Oof, wrong answer. The correct choice was Macho Man Randy Savage because the cream will rise to the top (ooooooh yeah). I like that you actually thought out an answer to my silly question though so you've still got my vote. 

Do you have any questions for us, anything you'd like to know about us or SoH?