[Intro] Zempai wants you to notice him

Zem

Hello,

My name is Austin. I generally go by one of my WoW character names (Zem) when playing online. If the title didn't give me away, I like to joke around a bit, and consider myself to be fairly easygoing. I was introduced to the guild by Cryus, who I first met through World of Warcraft during Legion. I know a few others who have recently joined as well. I primarily play World of Warcraft and Path of Exile, but also venture into other games, such as Monster Hunter, Minecraft, and the various Elder Scrolls games when the mood strikes me.

IRL, I am a software engineer with a diverse area of expertise and interests focused around security and software architecture. I was part of a team that qualified for DefCon2014. I participate in other such events when I can find the time as well. Outside of gaming and my career, my time is occupied by my pet ferret (Zen) and a little bit of gardening.

I have read the Code of Conduct and agree with the straightforward and reasonable guidelines that it sets.

1. Dogs or cats?

I'm going to say cats solely because I was very fond of a cat I had while growing up. As a general statement though I find the demeanor of dogs to be more agreeable.

2. As a software engineer, how would you improve WoW classic?

My particular skill set would probably be best applied in DDoS mitigation (heh), performance improvements (removing of layering tech), and automated detection of things like "bad player behavior".

3. hot weather or cold?

Hot weather. Swimming is something I enjoy and an easy way to beat the heat. It's also the season of gardening. No matter how much I prepare for cold weather it always feels like I'm only tolerating it.