[EVE] Projekt Style says hello

projektstyle

Hi, hello, hey,

I'm Projekt Style. I've been playing Eve on and off since 2004 but please don't let that lead you to believe I'm any good because I would hate to disappoint so soon. I've played games for as long as I can remember, starting with Genesis games and quickly moving to Command and Conquer with Westwood Online. I started MMO's fairly early as well, learning the ropes of rugged sandbox life in Ultima Online and moving to WoW 10 years later. UO is where I discovered my desire to gank gankers and punish griefers which is why the sportsmanship aspect of the code of conduct is important to me because it's something with which I've always identified. 12 year-old me made it his mission to kill every red/murderer in Ultima Online he could. I was terrible, so I died. A lot. But every kill I could manage to get gave me a sweet bit of satisfaction knowing I could loot the corpse of a dastardly PK'er that murdered a sweet, innocent PvEr and bring a tiny amount of justice to the cruel world of UO. I keep the same sort of mentality in Eve and much prefer going after actual PvPers than hunting "krabs". I don't mind a whaling fleet now and then but I prefer a target that can shoot back/ganks PvE players rather than the PvE players themselves. I hold no judgment against those who prefer PvE only in Eve as I tend to mess around with distribution missions and explo on my alts since it can be relaxing but I am first and foremost a fighter. A dreadfully mediocre one.

As for me personally, I'm in my thirties and enjoy joking around on comms but I do like focus during fights and tend to shy away from drama if possible. I injured myself 5 years ago serving in the Army when my body decided to let me know I wasn't built for it and discovered I had a slew of debilitating pain conditions that rendered me...well, a bit useless for the military. What this means for you is that I'm generally always around, just a ping or message on Discord away for help with cyno (cyno V btw) or something else of which I'm capable. I love flying logi (logi V btw) or my hunter loki but I'm set for a decent amount of other subcaps and weapons systems, with a primary focus in missiles/caldari/shield. Currently sitting at 52 mil SP and working towards Black Ops (only because they have a cool name, I never intend to fly one).

I am looking forward to flying with you all and learning/developing doctrines as we move forward.

Toodles,

Projekt

• Like 1

Hello potential new space friend!

Active duty Army here myself - sorry to hear you got messed up. My knees are falling apart but I'll be able to finish out my 20 years at least.

Random question time!

Favorite Sega Genesis game?

What do you listen to when you drive/ride long distances?

How do you earn ISK to support your benevolent vigilante lifestyle?

Hey Projekt - welcome aboard! It was nice talking to you last night, glad to have you with us. Looking forward to getting into some decidedly mediocre tier pvp with you haha.  I'm going to piggy back off one Tbert's questions - I started with Genesis too, so I'm interested in hearing if you have any favorites? I've got one of those new sega classic minis coming today, I think I mostly bought it to play Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. I want to get a setup going where I can do some Eve mining or something mindless on one screen and Mean Bean on the other haha. Hope to fleet up with you for some PvP this weekend!

4 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

Hello potential new space friend!

Active duty Army here myself - sorry to hear you got messed up. My knees are falling apart but I'll be able to finish out my 20 years at least.

Random question time!

Favorite Sega Genesis game?

What do you listen to when you drive/ride long distances?

How do you earn ISK to support your benevolent vigilante lifestyle?

1. Gunstar Heroes and Toejam and Earl were my two favorites to play and I loved watching my dad and brother play Phantasy Star 2

2. A random mix of instrumentals like Jóhann Jóhannsson/Max Richter to weirder stuff like Aphex Twin. If I had a favorite genre it would probably be "soundtrack music".

3. I do explo and marketing but sometimes I just buy Plex because I can't be bothered to farm.

9 hours ago, Rahk Aorm said:

Hey there!

A lot of us can relate to wanting to fight others who want to fight back - it how you get better!

Whats a few details from your favourite PvP moment, regardless of game?

Are you reading any books right now? 

It's hard to gauge my favorite moment ever but I had a few nice recent experiences in TEST. They are both on alliance level operations because I'm quite bad at solo. The first was assisting XIX in their doomed retreat through C-L and watching them get melted from my POV as a Basi pilot. We started off destroying a FRT Titan  and I thought they might actually be able to extract successfully and make it to Esoteria in one piece. "Moments"  later Snuffed, NC, Skill Urself, V0lta (RIP both) and a few others join in what becomes a merciless slaughter of Russian capitals. XIX built their empire through botting so 4 trillion in losses didn't do much in the end but I was able to escape unscathed in my basi since everyone was distracted by free capital kills. Watching the tide turn so quickly was fascinating, even in severe TiDi and observing the vulture-like nature of Eve players always entertains so even the grave defeat of an ally can be an interesting experience. Given the new cyno changes I have to wonder if such a thing will ever happen again as a competent capital FC team will be able to spot hostile cynoships and have members relay that to subcap support to annihilate.

The next would be with TEST's Provi campaign. My first bit of nullsec (and major loss) was with CVA and we constantly had to put up with PL's harassment so I grew to dislike them quite early in my Eve career. I loved the opportunity to step in against PL with my former alliance in CVA but ultimately there was little fighting and the entire point of the campaign was to seize outposts/stations that were about to flip to faction fortizars and give the territory back CVA. It was nice to fly in old systems and pick up old stuff out of CVA stations that had been left to rot for years but the main takeaway was a bit of disillusionment at the whole sovnull concept given what was being posted on Reddit about what TEST was doing in Provi and what they were...actually doing. I quickly saw how people get extremely caught up in Eve politics and their null "nationality" and I honestly just didn't care enough to lie about why I was doing something. I don't mean to be bashing TEST, out of all the sov groups they're the only one I can tolerate and my experience with them was pleasant overall but it ultimately wasn't for me. I do still loathe NCPL and FRT though so...some things never change.

I am currently reading What if We're Wrong By Chuck Klosterman which I started 2 years ago and forgot about after moving a few times. I think way too much as is so reading any sort of meta level critique/analysis on how we perceive things is quite interesting to me but Klosterman's style might rub people the wrong way. He tends to be a love it or hate it type of writer to people.

Edited by projektstyle
grammar