Intro - Stanimal

Stanimal

Howdy,

I saw the post on Reddit and seems like a great fit. I work full time in CST so 0100 UTC works great for me to join up and fight. Also not opposed to mining and trading for the cause. Just started playing Eve Online the last few days but slowly learning to become proficient at the controls but have been gaming since Super Mario Bros on SNES. Loved playing as a team on Minecraft servers and always play in a squad in Wildlands, Breakpoint, and PUBG. Looking to really dive into this game and learn as much as I can and help out as much as possible 

Hi Stan - glad to have you aboard! We're looking forward to answering any questions you have, so hit us up on Discord or in-game any time. We've got a bunch of guys who were in your position recently - I'm sure they will have some good advice for you.

Here's your first training goal:

[Caracal, Sidewinder T1]

Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II
Damage Control II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

Prototype 'Arbalest' Rapid Light Missile Launcher

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Acolyte I x2

Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile x500
Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile x500
Caldari Navy Nova Light Missile x500
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile x500
Nanite Repair Paste x50

Navy Cap Booster 400 x 15

We fly Caracals pretty regularly as our main organized fleet doctrine. Training for this ship will get you into the main DPS ship for most of our Saturday fleets. You can see this fit in our in-game corp fittings by opening the fitting window and looking in the Cruisers menu of the fittings. You may need to check the little "corp" icon at the top left of the menu, and you may also need to expand the fitting window by hitting the little wrench icon. When you select the fit in game, you'll be able to see the training you need to do to be able to use this fit. That only tells you half the story though. Generally, you want to get the skills required to fly the ship, and all of the skills that support those skills, trained to III as soon as possible. You can come back and train stuff to IV later (highly recommend that!). What do I mean by support skills - well to start there are many "missile support" skills that make your missiles better - Warhead Upgrades, Target Navigation Prediction, Guided Missile Precision, Rapid Launch, Missile Projection, Missile Bombardment, and Missile Launcher Operation. Training all of these skills to III will make your missiles dramatically more effective. Then there are shield support skills, fitting skills, rigging skills, etc. that all factor in to how effective your ships are. Figuring all this stuff out will really help you get your head around how ships work in Eve. 

So, we really recommend working on training this Caracal. We also recommend looking at some smaller ships, like frigates and destroyers, that you might want to fly when we do more informal roams (which we do pretty often). We didn't have enough people online to do WH PvE last night, so we all just hopped in ships to go PvP instead - no set doctrine, just whatever we wanted to fly. You'll want to have some ships like that on standby in Stacmon. I recommend looking at some of the missile based frigates since you're already training in that direction with the Caracal. I can help you import ships once this Halloween event ends.

Well that's probably enough information overload for now haha. Look forward to flying with you soon!

Hello potential new space friend!

We spoke last night, my main is TBert in-game. Like I said - you're going to have questions, or hear us talk about things you don't understand. By recruiting you, we signed on to explain everything we say - don't hesitate to ask about it!

Random question time!

How do you make your real life ISK?

How do you feel about Sportsball? Follow any particular teams or sports?

Why is friendship the best ship in EVE?

Also not opposed to mining and trading for the cause. 
If you do end up mining, hit me up in game and I'll buy your ores (Montiold / Intimus Inferi). But, best isk to be made starting out is flying a Heron and diving into wormhole space hunting for faction relic sites. At first, you won't be able to crack every can, but those that you do open will pay 1m-15m ea. 
I also have a sticked post in the Market subforum covering my buyback program - it can also be some what of a roadmap towards various ways you could be making money, whether you opt to sell to me or not. (Full disclosure, I set the prices so I can use what I need and liquidate the rest profitably in Jita - so if you don't mind hauling it to Jita you'll get the better deal there)

I'd also like to expand on the Sidewinder doctrine/fit that Simone mentioned - tackle is always appreciated and typically fast to train into. Its also - imho - the best way to learn some of the nuances of PVP, good tackle pilots often make for good FCs! Just my 2cents :)