Introduction Downsouth

Downsouth

Good Day South of Heaven,

I came across your forum post about recruitment and like what I saw about a community rather than just a group of player.

I am recently returned to Eve after another long break, I been playing Eve on and off since 2006. This game never lets you gooooo... That also hints that I am a mature gamer, in my mid 40s. 

I am EU timezome but may be becoming US in the next year or so. 

My real name is Steve, currently living in cold wet London, with my wife who for her sins is from Rockville, Maryland. Originally I am from South Africa but moved to London over 20 years ago. My day job involves managing a support team in the IT sector 

I am looking for a relaxed fun place to play eve, I have been there and done most of the content eve has to offer and now just want to have fun playing the game with like minded people. 

I look forward to meeting you guys.

DS Out.

Hi Steve -- welcome!

Like many, you may have found a home here in SoH -- we're seeded with many mature professionals and generally seek out good people rather than good gamers, know what I mean? 

I'm from "down south" myself (New Orleans, Louisiana) but currently reside under the snow in Minnesota (lol). I lived in Stratford-Upon-Avon for a couple of years and not-so-longingly recall the dismal weather. But like Minnesota, England puts on quite the show for when spring arrives. Flowers everywhere! One thing is certain, regions forced to deal w/ persistently icky weather know how to take advantage of nicer climes.

I'm curious, does your wife game as well? My husband and I met playing Rift nearly a decade ago, and although we don't game online together any longer, we do both still game and continue to share that love.

How about pets? Have you any of those? Cats, dogs, maybe a tarantula or two? We're pet lovers here and you're more than welcome to share pics of your furbabies-- in fact, it's required! I have 3 crazy cats: Chaos, Loki and Luna(tic) who keep me quite busy, hehe.

Although I won't meet you playing EVE, hopefully we'll get to know each other on Discord or in another game somewhere down the line. Members of SoH tend to stay stuck, even socially if they aren't currently gaming. I've returned to GW2, play ESO sporadically, and enjoy co-oping the odd survival game like Raft.

Simone will be along to chat you up soon (he's probably not had his tea yet xD). I look forward to meeting you!

• Like 1

Hello potential new space friend! I'm TBert, director in the EVE Cohort.

3 hours ago, Downsouth said:

I am EU timezome but may be becoming US in the next year or so. 

That's funny - I've been USTZ for 8 years, and am about to move to EUTZ for 3 or 4 years (stationed in Germany with the Army). I have friends & family near London (Southend and Hitchen) so I'll be visiting the UK for sure. There's nothing wrong with Maryland though, I spent a few years at Fort Meade and learned to like the parts outside the beltway.

Random question time!

How often do people assume your nickname is referring to the southern US instead of South Africa?

Tell us your favorite 'I was there when' EVE story.

Watch any good TV shows recently?

Hey Downsouth - nice to hear from you! I'm going to send you a PM with our Discord link here soon. Let's try to talk sometime this weekend and then we can get you an invite to the corp. You picked a great time to look us up. We're joining up with an alliance in Syndicate that is active primarily in EUTZs, so you'll be able to meet/hang out with people even SOHCO  people are offline. We're planning to expand our recruiting to EUTZs too once Tyrlis moves to Europe too. Hopefully we'll have some decent activity in EUTZ in the next couple months. Talk to you soon!

Hey Tyrlis,

How often do people assume your nickname is referring to the southern US instead of South Africa? Yeah pretty much all the time, no-one other then the Aussies seem to know where South Africa is. Kind of where the name came from down south in Africa as far down as you can go before you hit the ocean. Just ended up with Downsouth and it stuck. 

Tell us your favorite 'I was there when' EVE story.

The Day that razor was the first alliance to lose multiple super caps in one battle, played tackle in a vaga that day.

https://zkillboard.com/character/194573560/kills/reset/group/659/losses/

Watch any good TV shows recently?

Good Omen, The Expanse, Jack Ryan and Carnival Row are a few latest good ones.

I live in Ealing, west London in an old converted church.

DS

Hello Fera,

My wife is not a gamer (YET), I am working on it, sadly I do not have any pet as my wife is very allergic to cat and dog hair. We have thought about fish after we fish sat for a co-work of hers while they were on holiday. 

I game out side of EVE with a good friend of mine and his wife, we played WOW for a while and a few other, we are all looking for something else at the moment, trying to get them into EVE but we are open to other games as well.

Hope to catch up with you sometime on Discord.

Take care.

DS

• Thanks 1