Eve Online Introduction - Slain'Te

slain'te

Hello everyone,
I was chatting with Jamroar Pava in the public Eve channel, and he suggested I post here.

I have been playing Eve since 2003, but with some (big) gaps.
I last played as an Omega about a year ago, when my Corp abandoned Eve en mass, to play something else; I don't remember what, but I wasn't interested. We were small gang PvP focused.

I started as an industrialist, but over the years migrated to PvP, preferring solo and micro/small gang.

I am currently Alpha on both accounts, and haven't played much in the last year.
If I find the right Corp, I will re-sub both, and now have time to play, with the lockdowns.

This account (Slain'te) can fly pretty much everything sub-cap. My second account (Iron Orchid) flys support (and caps potentially).

I love the cat and mouse of small gangs, but never had the time to study common fits and their counters, and hence my play is casual.

IRL, I grew up in UK and Africa, but now living in Ontario, Canada (30+ years). I'm a software developer, mainly c#/sql but increasingly NodeJS, working for the Federal Govt.
I sometimes play WoW, but closely watching Dual Universe.

Stay safe (in IRL too!)

8 hours ago, slain'te said:

Hello everyone,
I was chatting with Jamroar Pava in the public Eve channel, and he suggested I post here.

I have been playing Eve since 2003, but with some (big) gaps.
I last played as an Omega about a year ago, when my Corp abandoned Eve en mass, to play something else; I don't remember what, but I wasn't interested. We were small gang PvP focused.

I started as an industrialist, but over the years migrated to PvP, preferring solo and micro/small gang.

I am currently Alpha on both accounts, and haven't played much in the last year.
If I find the right Corp, I will re-sub both, and now have time to play, with the lockdowns.

This account (Slain'te) can fly pretty much everything sub-cap. My second account (Iron Orchid) flys support (and caps potentially).

I love the cat and mouse of small gangs, but never had the time to study common fits and their counters, and hence my play is casual.

IRL, I grew up in UK and Africa, but now living in Ontario, Canada (30+ years). I'm a software developer, mainly c#/sql but increasingly NodeJS, working for the Federal Govt.
I sometimes play WoW, but closely watching Dual Universe.

Stay safe (in IRL too!)

HI Slain'te! I'm heading to bed now but will respond and send you our Discord info tomorrow morning. Talk to you soon!

Hey again Slain'te! Nice to have you here. You caught us at time when we aren't actively recruiting, but we'd be glad to have you aboard. We're mid-move out of Syndicate - heading back to Orvolle in Placid. Long story short, it's a bit of a crazy time! We'll be out of Syndicate by this weekend and back to a regular schedule of roaming and stuff.

Speaking of roaming - yep, we're pretty small and microgang pvp focused. We typically fly T1 and faction stuff and tend to take more fights than we should. I say in our recruitment ad that we're the equivalent of beer league bowling and it's definitely true haha. We just like to fight and aren't picky about how it ends :thumbup:

I sent you an invite to our Discord in a PM - let's set up a time to chat quick sometime this week. I'll answer any questions you have about us and then shoot you an invite. Talk to you soon!

23 hours ago, Jamroar Pava said:

o/

1. What's your favorite movie?

2. Favorite Eve memory?

3. What is your favorite ship to fly in Eve?

1. What's your favorite movie?

I watch a lot of movies, so picking just one is hard. But here are the movies I have watched the most times:

Lost In Translation - if you've ever been in a strange city, let alone country. Plus older man/younger woman:)

Pulp Fiction - Just fun, albeit on the edge. Especially like the whole Vincent/Mia sequence

Apocalypse Now - powerful. A war movie but not just a war movie

The Third Man - The best film noir. Love the scenery (Vienna just after WWII) and camera shots. It's just different.

Blade Runner - Best sci-fi movie ever. Especially like the shots of the city, but it's the atmosphere.

Dr Zhivago - Love story set against the Russian Revolution

2. Favorite Eve memory?

Living in Curse, about 10 years ago. No sov, no industry. Lots of small gang fights, Fraternity were just setting up, for larger fights.

3. What is your favorite ship to fly in Eve?

Curse, but its very specialized and expensive to lose.

Beyond that, any close up and personal, so blaster brutix (except against a curse) ,etc

Hurricane, long ago, before it got nerfed