Hello there! [wow]

gesari

I'm a friend of Esta's from Stormrage ally. I've operated largely under the toon name Gesari since 2006 on EQ2, but at this point I just give out my real name; I'm Jim! During business hours I operate under a very mundane maserquerade in customer service trying to make unhappy people like me for money. I swear this is a profession. Sometimes they do actually enjoy my company, and say nice things to my face. Outside of that, I exercise most days (quarantine has really made a bad habit worse)--typically yoga--in order to fuel my bread addiction. It's been a problem ever since I was a child, and now that I make it myself things have truly spiraled. I'd say pray for me, but seriously I'd much prefer it if you could tell me where I could find more bread flour right now.

...ahem.

I've been playing MMOs since I got EQ1 in like 7th grade, and I've been raiding regularly in one form or another since 2005 or so in EQ2, and I've been playing WoW on and off since the end of vanilla as well. Sometimes I partake in really solid progression, and some of my guilds have been works in progress, but the successful ones I always enjoyed had a really great team atmosphere. Which, to the point, is what I really play any of these games for anymore: I love the collaboration of coming together with a group of people and achieving cohesion as a unit, and I find it really rewarding. 

At this point I've got a Paladin, Xuesen, on Stormreaver I plan to maintain as a tank/dps, but I've raided as every class in the game at one point or another now...so I'm pretty flexible. I guess that means two things.

Mostly I'm just looking to find a good group of people to slay internet bad guys with for a while. I've made a lot of really great friendships throughout my time online--I still keep in contact with people I've known since EQ2--and it's been a privilege to collaborate and share my experiences with all of them. Hopefully we can keep that train rolling here!

As a side note, if you'd like to reach me directly, I'm available most of the time via discord: Gesari#3350. I just have notifications on my phone muted so if I'm late to reply it's nothing personal!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mean, if you close your eyes you'll find the entire rainbow tastes like chocolate. So...whichever color is in my mouth at the moment.

Unless there's peanuts in one of them, in which case this is a trick question. Always opt for peanuts, regardless of color.

Greetings, Jimmy Jim Jimmy Jim Jim Jim Jim (https://youtu.be/F663h2R_FDk for anyone not familiar with Muppet Treasure Island).

I'm Mordi, Mordigrim, Mord, or Brad, Bradly, or Bardly depending on who is addressing me. I'm most likely to answer to the Mordi variations or just plain Brad. If you're looking for a team-first atmosphere, SoH is a great option. I started playing WoW in TBC and bounced around from guild to guild as various groups rose and fell due to various circumstances until I stumbled upon a recruitment post for a T11 Heroic progression group looking for a Warlock. As they say, the rest is history, I've been with SoH in some capacity ever since then. 

I do have some super important, very serious, not a joke at all, make-or-break questions for you. 

You're entering a high-fantasy dungeon. You're you from real life. You can bring any four people or humanoid characters either fictional or non-fictional and from any point in time or any fictional universe to help you survive and hopefully complete the dungeon. Who do you bring and what are their roles? What is your role and how do you contribute?

You're constructing the perfect plate of nachos. You're allowed five toppings; no more, no less. The chips themselves are not a topping and do not count against your topping limit. What five toppings do you choose? Bonus question: what beverage do you pick to accompany your plate of nachos? 

You're making a Spotify playlist. You may only use whole albums and for each band you choose to add to the playlist you can only use one album from that band. You may add as many different bands/albums as you like. However, no two bands/albums can be from the same genre (subgenres can be tricky so as long as you can articulate why two things aren't the same genre you get a pass, basically it's an honor system). What are some of the bands/albums that definitely make your playlist? 

Feel free to hit me back with any super important, very serious, not a joke at all, make-or-break questions you have for me. 

Edited by Mordigrim

15 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:

Greetings, Jimmy Jim Jimmy Jim Jim Jim Jim (https://youtu.be/F663h2R_FDk for anyone not familiar with Muppet Treasure Island).

I'm Mordi, Mordigrim, Mord, or Brad, Bradly, or Bardly depending on who is addressing me. I'm most likely to answer to the Mordi variations or just plain Brad. If you're looking for a team-first atmosphere, SoH is a great option. I started playing WoW in TBC and bounced around from guild to guild as various groups rose and fell due to various circumstances until I stumbled upon a recruitment post for a T11 Heroic progression group looking for a Warlock. As they say, the rest is history, I've been with SoH in some capacity ever since then. 

I do have some super important, very serious, not a joke at all, make-or-break questions for you. 

You're entering a high-fantasy dungeon. You're you from real life. You can bring any four people or humanoid characters either fictional or non-fictional and from any point in time or any fictional universe to help you survive and hopefully complete the dungeon. Who do you bring and what are their roles? What is your role and how do you contribute?

You're constructing the perfect plate of nachos. You're allowed five toppings; no more, no less. The chips themselves are not a topping and do not count against your topping limit. What five toppings do you choose? Bonus question: what beverage do you pick to accompany your plate of nachos? 

You're making a Spotify playlist. You may only use whole albums and for each band you choose to add to the playlist you can only use one album from that band. You may add as many different bands/albums as you like. However, no two bands/albums can be from the same genre (subgenres can be tricky so as long as you can articulate why two things aren't the same genre you get a pass, basically it's an honor system). What are some of the bands/albums that definitely make your playlist? 

Feel free to hit me back with any super important, very serious, not a joke at all, make-or-break questions you have for me. 

Hello, MordiBrad. I shall answer your very serious queries in numerical order. On a rather whimsical side note, I also played a Warlock towards the end of T11.

1. Okay, I'm going to try and choose from different places to make things interesting. First up is Karsa Orlong from the Malazan Book of the Fallen, since he's immune to magic and pretty much all around indestructible. Revan from Old Republic, since he's the real fuckin deal. Doc Cottle from Battlestar Galactica to keep us all alive with panache and the force of his cigarettes, and The Oracle from the Matrix just to riff off everyone else for bants. Honestly I doubt I'd even be needed with the first two, so I'm really just along for the ride as the groupie. I figure maybe I can learn the Force while I make cookies and bread for everyone with the Oracle to celebrate our inevitable victory.

2. Cheddar Cheese, Jalapenos, pulled pork, grilled pineapple, guac. The beverage depends on whether or not there's something to smoke on hand.

3. Oh. Oh my.

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

This was the first concept album I'd ever listened to and I loved the way it was done. Good memories attached to it, too, just from the ability to share the story with other people. Geoff Tate's voice haunts me.

Escape - Journey (Hair Metal vs 80s Pop? idk)

My parents used to blast this one all the time growing up on what was then a very high end stereo system. Don't Stop Believin' was the first song I ever learned the words to as a child, and I will not apologize for this.

Tupac - All Eyez On Me

I don't think I'll ever enjoy any other album in any genre of rap quite so much as this one, and it's definitely not for lack of competition.

Incubus - Morning View

I think I know every word to every song on this album, but no song soothes me like Aqueous Transmission.

Madeon - Adventure

What a fun album. Seriously, the 8-bit sound effects are just a nostalgia trip. I smile through most every song.

There's honestly a bunch more I'm sure I'm not thinking of, but between genre overlap and general absentmindedness I figure these are a few that have pretty much infinite replay value for me for one reason or another, and thus a good selection.

8 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:

The-best-MMs-and-its-not-even-close.thumb.png.74457668b5ea23d81839a48e9f72b8a2.png

Since when are these a thing? Do want.

2 hours ago, gesari said:

They're basically Girl Scout Thin Mints in M&M form. Aka the greatest candy invention in generations. 

Now to grade your responses.

1. I'll give you a B. You've clearly put some thought into it and chosen a winning team. But any team that doesn't include the Macho Man Randy Savage can't get an A from me. 

2. A+. Jalapeno, pork, and pineapple gets an automatic A regardless of the food form it's topping or accompanying. Nachos, tacos, pizza, sandwich, whatever. Those three are just great. You could have picked almost any other two toppings and as long as it wasn't something that ruined the entire dish you were getting an A off those alone.

That being said my five would be chorizo, queso blanco, chopped canned chipotles in adobo sauce, fresh avocado, and roasted corn salsa. 

3. Solid A. All Eyez and Morning View are fantastic choices. Journey isn't my jam, but I can respect it. I'm tangentially aware of Queensryche but can't say I've ever listened to any of their albums start-to-finish. I don't know Madeon but the mention of 8-bit is enough for me, I'll be checking that album out soon. 

Some easy picks for me would include When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold by Atmosphere (indie hip-hop), In Utero by Nirvana (alternative rock), Metamodern Sounds In Country Music by Sturgill Simpson (outlaw country), Teenage Dream by Katy Perry (pop), Misfits (aka Collection 1) by the Misfits (punk), Legend - The Best of Bob Marley & The Wailers (reggae), and Ascendancy by Trivium (metalcore). There are several others I'd try to sneak in by further exploiting subgenre differences (notably Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) by the Wu-Tang Clan (classic/90's hip-hop), Led Zeppelin IV (classic rock), and probably Good Kid m.A.A.d City by Kendrick Lamar (modern/mainstream hip-hop)) but those would be a few of my first choices. 

4. D. Ok so there was no actual question 4 so I can't in good conscience give you a full-on F. But you didn't have any questions for me/us and I feel like that should at least be noted. So I'm giving you a D for now and should you have any fun questions for me that grade can be reevaluated based on the quality of the questions. 

26 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:

4. D. Ok so there was no actual question 4 so I can't in good conscience give you a full-on F. But you didn't have any questions for me/us and I feel like that should at least be noted. So I'm giving you a D for now and should you have any fun questions for me that grade can be reevaluated based on the quality of the questions. 

26 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:
4 hours ago, gesari said:

They're basically Girl Scout Thin Mints in M&M form. Aka the greatest candy invention in generations.

I'm sorry but there was only one question that mattered and I got the answer I wanted. Thank you for your time and consideration in regards to this matter; I will return after my carb coma.

28 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:

Okay so my delivery just got delayed, so I guess my carb coma has been as well.

Imagine we've just seen each other for the first time in many years. This is a very emotional encounter. "MordiBrad!" I cry your name from across the beach. Are we riding horses?

Are you a cat or dog person?

If we were to undertake a timewalking adventure and encounter a version of your past self, do one or both of you go insane?

If you could wield any power from any universe, what would you choose and why?