Hello there! [wow]

gesari

1 hour ago, gesari said:

I'm sorry but there was only one question that mattered and I got the answer I wanted. Thank you for your time and consideration in regards to this matter; I will return after my carb coma.

Dang, you got me on a technicality. Ok, I have to give you a passing grade for your critical thinking. 

Edited by Mordigrim

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, gesari said:

Imagine we've just seen each other for the first time in many years. This is a very emotional encounter. "MordiBrad!" I cry your name from across the beach. Are we riding horses?

Are you a cat or dog person?

If we were to undertake a timewalking adventure and encounter a version of your past self, do one or both of you go insane?

If you could wield any power from any universe, what would you choose and why?

1. I'm not riding a horse, I don't have that skill in my repertoire. You could be, I guess. But for some reason I imagine you're actually a centaur and this is a trick question. 

2. I'm mostly a human person as far as I know, no dog or cat genetics in me that I'm aware of. I do have dogs, we have two family dogs right now. But I also like cats even though we don't live with one at the moment. I'm a fan of animals of all kinds really, I don't discriminate. 

3. Hard to say. Am I more or less likely to go insane if I'm not exactly mentally stable to begin with? My younger self would probably be more bothered than my current self who was embarking on the time travel adventure to begin with. But is time linear? Does driving my past self crazy affect my current self or does it create a new alternate timeline with a crazy me? 

4. Being a force user would be pretty sweet and leaves the door open to a wide range of possibilities. I also really love Lying Cat from Saga and although his power is a minor one relative to a lot of other fantasy powers it would be really cool regardless. Having access to arcane magic from a Pathfinder/D&D world would also be great. And, I mean, who hasn't wanted to be either Wolverine, the Hulk, Thor, Superman, Spider-Man, Green Lantern, or even Deadpool at one point or another? There's really just so many options. I think I'd take Lying Cat though, it's simple enough that people won't expect me to be a hero or savior of some sort so I can stay low-key and have low responsibility ("with minor power comes minor responsibility" - Uncle Brad) but it's also a power I'd use every day several times a day. Or maybe I'd just take flight. I deserve an F on this answer just because I'm being so indecisive. 

14 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:

But is time linear? Does driving my past self crazy affect my current self or does it create a new alternate timeline with a crazy me? 

Maybe it's like Jet Li's movie, The One. If you go insane in one timeline and are destroyed, you just become stronger. 

But for some reason I imagine you're actually a centaur and this is a trick question. 

So I've just been discussing recently why I never see any centaurs wearing clothes in typical depictions. If I'm a centaur, then I'm a Centaur dressed like The Dude from the waist up.

I deserve an F on this answer just because I'm being so indecisive. 

You get a D just because I would have gone for force user as my default and it was your initial response.

28 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:

I love everything about this visual. I want to draw this character, name him Jimbowski Gesari, and use him as an NPC in a tabletop RPG game. 

If you do, please share the art with me. As a fun fact: I lack the ability to create pictures in my head.

5 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:

That sounds like a sad fact to me ☹

I now feel a greater obligation to create the image for you. 

Don't feel bad for me, sir! I am a very fortunate man, who is now full of enchiladas. How bad can life be?

Enchiladas are a good choice on Cinco de Mayo. Although tacos would have been the better option. Because Tuesday.

I'd ask some questions, but my brain has been fried from the giant fustercluck of parent, teacher, and working from home that my life has become.

So instead, I'll just say hai!

22 minutes ago, Merriwhizzle said:

Enchiladas are a good choice on Cinco de Mayo. Although tacos would have been the better option. Because Tuesday.

I'd ask some questions, but my brain has been fried from the giant fustercluck of parent, teacher, and working from home that my life has become.

So instead, I'll just say hai!

Greetings! I do not envy all of those things, but I salute your sacrifice nonetheless!

On 5/5/2020 at 4:03 PM, gesari said:

First up is Karsa Orlong from the Malazan Book of the Fallen

A fellow Malazan reader and a Karsa name drop in your first reply!? You're off to a strong start in my book (pun not intended).

I wanted to pop-in and say hello.  If you're looking for some company as you get established on Stormreaver let me know.  I'm recently returning from a 3-year WoW hiatus and as slowly working my way through the BFA content.  

With regards to questions (since we're on the topic), whose your favorite character from the Malazan series not named Karsa?