Soju Intro [WoW]

Sojusaur

Hey all,

I'm a friend of Esta's from Stormrage. My name is Joanna, and online I have been known as Serif/Mochi/Soju (I have a tendency to name my toons 'food item + saur'). I am looking for a place to call home, and to be part of a community for years to come. 

I started seriously playing WoW during Wrath, but leveled to max in Classic and Burning Crusade but didn't raid at the time because I didn't understand what a guild was lol. I've been raiding consistently since then, in some guilds that were hardcore, and some that weren't, primarily as a healer but also as a tank/dps when needed.

Outside of raiding, a few things I like to do are; play ARAM/TFT on league, cooking and baking, gardening, cross stitching, perler beads, and soap making. My dream is have my own little home farm with chickens (I love chickens so much), ducks, geese, and a couple of cats and dogs <3.

Hello there, Soju! 

I'm Mordigrim. I also answer to Mordi. Or Mord. Or also sometimes I'm called Brad. You're welcome to choose the one you prefer and I'll roll with it. You can probably even make your own variation and I'm still likely to answer to it. 

Ok so you're going to have to answer some questions. They're super duper serious.

You're asked to tryout for a cooking show and you have to cook or bake the dish from your repertoire that your friends or family enjoy the most. What do you make and why, who is it you're thinking of when you pick the dish?

What are your top three favorite birds that aren't chickens, ducks, or geese and what makes them great? 

If you could choose any location in the world for your dream farm and travelling to visit the people you care about wasn't an issue, where would you go and why? What if you could include fictional worlds or locations, would your answer change?

If you could choose three songs to be played when you enter a room depending on your mood/tone (one positive, one negative, one neutral), what would you pick?

Happy to have you here and getting to know SoH and I look forward to reading your responses! Feel free to hit me back with questions of your own! 

Hello Mord!

59 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:

You're asked to tryout for a cooking show and you have to cook or bake the dish from your repertoire that your friends or family enjoy the most. What do you make and why, who is it you're thinking of when you pick the dish?

I would make chicken parmesan with the pasta+sauce made from scratch. I chose this dish because when my fiance was in military college, he would have to live on campus during the week and sneak out on the weekends, and every Sunday evening before he went back, I would cook chicken parmesan (with a shitton of mozzarella on top, mm mmm mmm). 

1 hour ago, Mordigrim said:

What are your top three favorite birds that aren't chickens, ducks, or geese and what makes them great? 

1. Bearded Vultures - They look so cool, and they straight up just eat bones. I love that they find red/orange soil and bathe themselves to make them as red/orange as possible as a status symbol. If you've ever heard of that story about Aeschylus; a bird mistook his bald head as a rock and dropped a turtle on him and killed him--it is suspected it was a bearded vulture. 

2. Philippine Eagles - I find them incredibly beautiful, unfortunately they are the most endangered species of eagle. There are less than 500 adults left in the wild. The average wingspan is 6.5' (1.9m). Pretty much anything in the jungle is fair game, monkeys, other birds, snakes, civets, etc. They have multiple hunting strategies, the most unique I think, is that they will pair hunt -- one mate distracts the prey while the other attacks from behind. 

3. Kiwi - A.) They are freaking adorable, B.)  They are unique because their nostrils are at the tip of their beak, rather than on their actual face/base of the beak, C.) They lay the largest egg in proportion to body size -- the egg takes up 20% of the moms body, while the ostrich only takes up 2% (humans take up 5%), D.) The babies hatch fully feathered and are able to survive on their own and take care of themselves.

59 minutes ago, Mordigrim said:

If you could choose any location in the world for your dream farm and travelling to visit the people you care about wasn't an issue, where would you go and why? What if you could include fictional worlds or locations, would your answer change?

My dream farm would be on the lush, green side of WA state or British Columbia, in a valley with the mountains in the background and close to water for fishing, because I love the mountains and it would be amazing to see them every day, plus it being lush and stuff I won't have to worry much about droughts happening very often. 

I wouldn't mind being in the Pokemon world and being a pokefarmer, and assuming I won't get mcfucked in the fictional worlds, I wouldn't mind the Shire, Asgard, WoW, or My Hero Academia (having a quirk would be baller). I'll have to think real hard about which I would choose if I could choose any of these lol, I can't decide! T_T

1 hour ago, Mordigrim said:

If you could choose three songs to be played when you enter a room depending on your mood/tone (one positive, one negative, one neutral), what would you pick?

Positive: When Two Are One - Atreyu

Negative: Rush Over Me - Seven Lions/ILLENIUM/Said the Sky/HALIENE

Neutral: Wicked Games - The Weeknd

My questions for you:

What is your favorite type of cuisine?

If you could identify with one fictional character, who would it be?

If you could reincarnate as any animal, what would you choose and why?

7 hours ago, Sojusaur said:

I would make chicken parmesan with the pasta+sauce made from scratch. I chose this dish because when my fiance was in military college, he would have to live on campus during the week and sneak out on the weekends, and every Sunday evening before he went back, I would cook chicken parmesan (with a shitton of mozzarella on top, mm mmm mmm). 

I love this answer because it's kinda similar to what my answer would be. I would have to pick chicken Alfredo because it's my wife's favorite dish and it's something I make for her as a pick-me-up whenever she has a rough day at work or is just feeling down and it always brings us both some happiness. It's the ultimate comfort food for us. I love making my own sauce (people don't seem to realize how easy Alfredo is or how much better fresh homemade Alfredo is than canned!) but I have to admit I don't make my own noodles. My back-up plan if it was a baking-only competition or something would be cheesecake. Sometimes for family events I make a cheesecake with Oreo crust and sour cream topping and my family just goes crazy for it, it takes a while to make a proper cheesecake but the results are well worth it in my opinion.

1. Bearded Vultures

2. Philippine Eagles 

3. Kiwi

I love how much thought you put into this! I had to Google Philippine Eagles to see what they looked like and their tuft of feathers on their head reminds me of the Muppets in the most adorable way, I love it.

My dream farm would be on the lush, green side of WA state or British Columbia, in a valley with the mountains in the background and close to water for fishing, because I love the mountains and it would be amazing to see them every day, plus it being lush and stuff I won't have to worry much about droughts happening very often. 

I wouldn't mind being in the Pokemon world and being a pokefarmer, and assuming I won't get mcfucked in the fictional worlds, I wouldn't mind the Shire, Asgard, WoW, or My Hero Academia (having a quirk would be baller). I'll have to think real hard about which I would choose if I could choose any of these lol, I can't decide! T_T

I've always told my wife if I could pack our family up and leave our lives behind for any place I'd take us to Scotland and live in the foggy Highlands raising Highland cattle (I just love their early 2000's Patrick Stump hairdos to be honest). I've never been to northwest US/southwest Canada but I can totally picture the aesthetic in my head. What would be your favorite fish to fish for on your dream farm? I do a lot of largemouth bass fishing where I live now, I imagine on my dream Scottish farm I'd probably be fishing for trout. 

If I could pick a fictional world (and also not get mcfucked lol) I'd choose Pandaria. But the Shire and Pokeworld (not sure which region, I'd have to think about that) are excellent suggestions. 

Positive: When Two Are One - Atreyu

Negative: Rush Over Me - Seven Lions/ILLENIUM/Said the Sky/HALIENE

Neutral: Wicked Games - The Weeknd

Atreyu and The Weeknd? You get a solid A+ on this answer. I didn't know the other song so I pulled it up on Spotify and it's great too. Excellent choices all around. I think my choices might change day-to-day but right now they'd be something like this:
Positive: "Perfect Day" by Dem Atlas (very tough to decide between that and "Sunshine" by Atmosphere)
Negative: "Hay Fever" by Eyedea and Abilities (also considered "The Hammer" by Kublai Khan TX but decided my negative moods are more often related to sadness than anger)
Neutral: "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters (this choice could/would certainly change every day, maybe even several times a day)

What is your favorite type of cuisine?

Today? Thai noodles/stir-fry sounds great. Yesterday? I probably would have said Southern comfort food. Tomorrow? I might decide I like Jamaican jerk chicken better than any other food in the world. My tastes are varied and my favorites change often. Some of the staples for me are American Chinese (we have a regional variation of cashew chicken around here that I could eat my weight in every day and never get sick of it and who doesn't love fried wontons, crab rangoon, and pot stickers?), Southern comfort food (fried chicken, fried okra, corn fritters, fried pickles, jalapeno corn bread, oh my I'm getting hungry), and BBQ (mostly KC and St. Louis influenced around here, sweet tomato-based sauces, burnt ends, ribs, pork steaks, etc). My wife's favorite is Italian so that's also on heavy rotation around here. My favorite thing that I cook myself is probably gumbo. I swear the only real answer to your question is "all of them."

If you could identify with one fictional character, who would it be?

Macho Man Randy Savage. https://youtu.be/8C4lK41SX-Q

He wore the best clothes, had the best catchphrases, and even when he wasn't making any sense at all he made people believe in him with his energy level alone. 

Edit: my wife says the real answer to this question is Fozzie Bear, for his terrible jokes and general demeanor (she also suggested that when I'm cranky I'm more of an Earl Sinclair from the Dinosaurs). 

If you could reincarnate as any animal, what would you choose and why?

Bear. Big ol' grizzly bear. I just love bears so much. I'd just lumber around, not really afraid of anything, munch on some salmon maybe, sleep for months at a time, and generally just be all fat and snuggly. Bird would be a close second, just to be able to fly. 

Edited by Mordigrim

[...] My Hero Academia (having a quirk would be baller). [...]

:Onion801: 

We got some anime talk over here.

With names such as Mochi and Soju, you must like those things.. so what is your favorite flavor/type of mochi and/or how do you take your soju (sweet, dry, low alcohol %, high alcohol %)?

On the topic of MHA, would you still choose that universe if you couldn't select your own quirk? Or would you only choose there if you could select your quirk so you don't get stuck being Meg from Family Guy?

Sorry for the late ass response, I tried replying on my phone and it was cancer, and I can't use the work computer 'cause government property lolol.

14 hours ago, Mordigrim said:

I love making my own sauce (people don't seem to realize how easy Alfredo is or how much better fresh homemade Alfredo is than canned!)

I make a cheesecake with Oreo crust and sour cream topping

I looooooove homemade Alfredo sauce is, and as you said, how easy it is to make!

Omg that cheesecake sounds amazing, my go to is always lemon cheesecake with normal crust and a homemade raspberry sauce to top it with (if you can't tell I'm a lil' hoity toity about most canned stuff lololol, plus I think the process of learning to make new things is really fun)

I've always told my wife if I could pack our family up and leave our lives behind for any place I'd take us to Scotland and live in the foggy Highlands raising Highland cattle (I just love their early 2000's Patrick Stump hairdos to be honest). I've never been to northwest US/southwest Canada but I can totally picture the aesthetic in my head. What would be your favorite fish to fish for on your dream farm? I do a lot of largemouth bass fishing where I live now, I imagine on my dream Scottish farm I'd probably be fishing for trout. 

If I could pick a fictional world (and also not get mcfucked lol) I'd choose Pandaria. But the Shire and Pokeworld (not sure which region, I'd have to think about that) are excellent suggestions. 

Scotland is a solid choice and highland cattle are super adorable! I really love trout, so that would be go to on my farm, but salmon is my favorite so I need to be somewhere near a spawning river so I can catch some!

For WoW, I'm really torn between like Jade Forest, Valley of the Four Winds, Vale (when it was pretty!~), or WoD Shadowmoon Valley, Grizzly Hills, Goldshire, or Eversong Woods.

For the Pokeworld, I think I would like Johto.

I think my choices might change day-to-day but right now they'd be something like this:
Positive: "Perfect Day" by Dem Atlas (very tough to decide between that and "Sunshine" by Atmosphere)
Negative: "Hay Fever" by Eyedea and Abilities (also considered "The Hammer" by Kublai Khan TX but decided my negative moods are more often related to sadness than anger)
Neutral: "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters (this choice could/would certainly change every day, maybe even several times a day)

I definitely feel you on the changing by day-to-day basis, there's just so many great songs that fit with so many different situations and emotions.

I haven't heard Perfect Day before, it's amazing! And I love love Sunshine.

I had to look up Hay Fever and found it pretty haunting because one of the last lyrics he sang was "October the 5th you took your last breath" and I noticed he died like October 16th when I was looking them up, so I was like oooo freaky. The Hammer is also a solid choice, but I am the same where I lean more towards the sad/depressing kind of songs.

My neutral is definitely more of a "shuffle" and listen to whatever kind of playlist! Sad songs and all!

I swear the only real answer to your question is "all of them."

Lmao I 10000% know how you feel, I love allll types of cuisines and cannot settle on just one!

my wife says the real answer to this question is Fozzie Bear, for his terrible jokes and general demeanor (she also suggested that when I'm cranky I'm more of an Earl Sinclair from the Dinosaurs). 

Bahahha Fozzie bear! Your wife knows best! :P Hehe.

For me, I always associated with Hermoine Granger as we have similar qualities, loyalty, hard-work ethic, thirst for knowledge, and being blunt. I have been told I am similar to Revy from Black Lagoon, Kitai from Codex Alera, Fetching from Grey Bastards, Margot from The Magicians, since I am extremely sassy, sarcastic, can definitely be a smart ass lmao.

Bear. Big ol' grizzly bear. I just love bears so much. I'd just lumber around, not really afraid of anything, munch on some salmon maybe, sleep for months at a time, and generally just be all fat and snuggly. Bird would be a close second, just to be able to fly. 

I think for me it would either also be a grizzly bear, or a cat of some sort. Just prowling around and sleep a lot, eat a lot, lounge around in the forest or jungle.

13 hours ago, Nez said:

:Onion801: 

We got some anime talk over here.

With names such as Mochi and Soju, you must like those things.. so what is your favorite flavor/type of mochi and/or how do you take your soju (sweet, dry, low alcohol %, high alcohol %)?

On the topic of MHA, would you still choose that universe if you couldn't select your own quirk? Or would you only choose there if you could select your quirk so you don't get stuck being Meg from Family Guy?

I really love mochi ice cream (pretty much all the flavors), sakura mochi, and yaki mochi!! My favorite soju flavor is peach, and I like to just drink it straight shots since its sweet, the brand I buy is 14%.

I think honestly, I would still choose to go to the MHA universe, even if I had some worthless quirk like being able to make my big toe smaller, I still think it would be cool to be around people with all sorts of quirks and I think potentially becoming friends with any of the UA gang or even the kids for Shiketsu would be really really awesome. Even if I can't be friends with them it would be neat to see them running around or whatever!

My questions for you:

If you had to choose any quirk (or maybe a combo like Todoroki), what would you pick and why.

What is your favorite anime? Top 5 or 10 if you can't think of just one!

2 hours ago, Merriwhizzle said:

I just wanted to say hi.

I'd ask questions, but being home all day every day with my children for about two months has fried my brain. So I'll just stick with hi.

Hello!! If I had kids, my brain would definitely be fried too, so I don't blame you lmao. I hope you're having a great day tho!

I'm glad Mordi brought up the Philippine eagle's excellent head poof. Someone had to! 

I have a couple of friends who had a miniature highland bull for a while. He was adorable and super fluffy. 

Also my dream home is 100% a hobbit hole. I'm short enough for one >.>